• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] One MVP Disc I should try

Since I see a lot of inertia mentions even though it is likely to fast how far do you think I should be throwing other speed nines to get a decent flight out of the inertia?

tangent. it is a fantastic "do it all" kind of mid unless there is wind involved. i kind of miss it.

i've had four craves; the crave is not like a dx teebird. it's like a shorter production run tesla. a little turn, always fades.

Last edited:
I also try to stay under speed 9, but I'm LOVING my Inertia. It kicked my previous max D Valkyrie not only out of my bag, but out of my collection (traded that sucker for a backup Buzzz). It is a unique disc for me in that I am able to have it finish left, right, or straight with fairly good reliability and without overthrowing. I know that may not mean much to some here, but it has been a revelation for me.

My second choice for you would be the Volt. I only have a first run, and supposedly the new ones are beefier, but it is a solid workhorse disc for me.

My last recommendation (and the only one that fills a slot you don't have covered) would be the Tensor OS mid. It might overlap a little with your Roc, but it's beefier. Throw it as hard as you want and it stays straight and dumps hard left at the end. I've got two aces on the Tensor in my bag, and am fairly convinced there is at least one more in there.

The Resistor and Inspire have been mentioned, and are good discs that might be worth a look as well. The Servo and Switch haven't impressed me, and I'd stay away from those.

Since I see a lot of inertia mentions even though it is likely to fast how far do you think I should be throwing other speed nines to get a decent flight out of the inertia?

My backhand drives are in development. With my Volt and Amp I have been getting around 275-300, and when I picked up an Inertia I saw an additional 25+ feet effortlessly. It's just a very smooth flying disc.

The Tangent is lovely. There's a blind 275 foot hole to the right on a course here at home, and I can just throw it on a solid anyhzer line and it will skim on down the side and set me up. It's great for put approaches, and I had a lovely uphill shot to the right with it the other day that it simply pegged.

I can get incredible distance and glide with the ion, while it's also a great putter.

I can't wait for my inertia to come in, I threw one the other day from a friend and it just leapt out of my hand and gave me a solid 250 without any real effort, I can't wait to see what I'll get from it when I'm really focusing.

Just very solid, dependable discs. If something goes wrong, I know it's because I threw it badly, rather than because there's something off about the disc.

Technically not MVP, but I LOVE the Envy that I just got. It is like a putter/mid hybrid, and although I don't putt with it, it is amazing off the tee and for upshots. Flies very straight with a flat release, and has a good fade out at the end. It holds up to the wind fairly well, and is also very comfortable for sidearm upshots. Overall, I am not a very big MVP fan as most of the stuff I've tried hasn't clicked with me, but the Envy is one exception.

I know I already said the Volt and the Envy, but. The Volt and the Envy. The Inertia is pretty awesome too, I think someone else said effortless distance earlier. I wouldn't go quite as far as to say "effortless", but probably less so than the Volt compared to the distance you get. The Volt is just more controllable. And the Envy, well, it's just amazing in every way.

Resistor. Absolutely amazing utility disc that didn't seem to get much recognition. Great for forehand, overhand, skips. I've been taking turns breaking two in and they just seem to get longer without losing that stability. They start off similar to a Banshee in flight (imo) and break into more of a FL.

I liked the flight of the Resistor but not the feel in the hand. MVP makes some pretty dang good drivers, that's for sure.

Resistor. Absolutely amazing utility disc that didn't seem to get much recognition. Great for forehand, overhand, skips. I've been taking turns breaking two in and they just seem to get longer without losing that stability. They start off similar to a Banshee in flight (imo) and break into more of a FL.

I still bag the same dark blue one I used in the initial test video and it never turns with a flat release. Definitely more glide than a fresh one but still HSS as hell. This is by far one of my favorite discs ever, not just from MVP but any company. It's so controllable and reliable and not overly LSS.

I still bag the same dark blue one I used in the initial test video and it never turns with a flat release. Definitely more glide than a fresh one but still HSS as hell. This is by far one of my favorite discs ever, not just from MVP but any company. It's so controllable and reliable and not overly LSS.

Volt. By far the best disc MVP has ever made in my opinion. It's perfect for my arm, exactly what I wanted in a distance driver. Mine is pretty beat in and has a nice S-Curve type flight, but with a tad bit of hyzer the disc performs like a fresh Volt. It's the disc I use for nearly every shot.

Anode, that's my go to putter once again. I just click with it.

Amp, Ion, Vector, Tangent, and Shock are all awesome discs as well.