• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One way to cure the epic winter DG blues...

Was supposed to go back to the old home town this morning for a charity tournament. Snow was coming down good as I headed out. Got about three miles from the house and after having enough of my car fishtailing at 30 MPH, I pretty much said screw it and turned around.

Naturally, after I got back home it stopped.

How to beat the "winter blues"

Step 1
Fly to somewhere warmer then the mid-west (Atlanta for instance).:)

Step 2
Play IDGC.....it was rainy and 55 degrees, they said it might be Ok for playing in pants as they thought it was "cold". I played two rounds in shorts and a jacket........I call it warm.:thmbup:

Step 3
Play Stoney Hill (THANKS DAVID) in SUNNY, WINDY, 75 DEGREES, a little piece of heaven down south, followed by a round at Hippo before sunset.....:clap::clap:

2 days before flying back to reality (which sucks)
Don't care about the forecasts......it will still be warmer then home!

There once was a Pro from Nantucket,
Whose beard was so long he said **** it.
He said without grin, as he hung his chin,
"If that root wasn't there I'd have stuck it."

Yeah, the IDGC may offer 3 great courses, but let's seem them offer 75 degree sunshine. Only the best for our guests!

There once was a disc golfer from Nantucket
Who looked at the snow and said f##k it
I'm going south
But a gator's mouth
Ate his disc before he could huk it

Me and the fam drive from socal to Utah a couple times a year, and the courrse in Washington county is now a mandatory rest stop :D

Latest posts