• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ongoing In The Bag

Thanks for the response.

I had one of the Innova practice baskets. Worked good enough and allowed me to get in the reps, which was important. I gave it to a buddy of mine and it lives in his yard now. His kids love it so I have let him keep it.

Most courses around here had DGA or Innova baskets. I'd love to get a full size Innova basket, but it is not in the cards right now. I want something that is portable since I plan on practicing on lunch breaks and after works so it will live in my car for the most part.

Gotcha, that's a good idea and I might do the same. I haven't been able to get practice on the weekdays because it is dark before I get home and the lighting in my backyard is bad. I might also be able to get some of my co-workers into disc golf if they see me practicing.

I just got a Mach II for Christmas and have been enjoying it. It's also the only fully galvanized basket in that price range, which is huge for durability. If you have issues with hitting center pole you can guy some extra chains from Home Depot or whatever and rig them up as so to close off that one opening Mach IIs have. I don't putt hard enough for that to be an issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stR-C260yRA

I just got a Mach II for Christmas and have been enjoying it. It's also the only fully galvanized basket in that price range, which is huge for durability. If you have issues with hitting center pole you can guy some extra chains from Home Depot or whatever and rig them up as so to close off that one opening Mach IIs have. I don't putt hard enough for that to be an issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stR-C260yRA

I just don't like DGA baskets. I would have a hard time spending money on one unless it was a deal I could not pass.

Got in what should be my last play of the year. Lunch round.

2x Glow PP2(Innova)

Seasoned DP2(Innova)
Mind Bender
C FD(Discmania)

My love/ hate relationship with P2s for putting continues. I actually putted fairly well and with confidence after a quick warm up. Still really enjoy throwing P2s.

The Discmania FDs are still on the stable side of what I want, but they are a good, catch most fairway.

First round of 2023.

Wife got me a backpack cart for Christmas. Zuca XL. First time using a cart. I think I will like it for tourney and slow rounds, esp with the built-in seat. I do not like the water bottle holders on the cart. Interested in other options if anyone has recommendations.

2x Glow PP2(Innova)
2x Glow Flex 3 P2

D Line P2 (Innova)
K1 Berg
Sky God 4
Razor Claw 3

Mind Bender
Beat IS3 MD3
IS4 MD3
IS1 MD3

Halo Hawkeye
C FD (Innova)
3x SOLF
Nordic Phenom PD
Beat Sexton FB
Fresh Sexton FB

Beat Star Wraith
3x Star Destroyers

Arundel Looney Bin. Zuca actually has these as a recommended upgrade on their website. Fits my 40 oz. hydroflask and should fit the Nalgenes as well, and it can be quickly sized down to normal water bottle size.

https://www.arundelbike.com/product/looney-bin/

Also DGMods website has a ton of ideas for modding your ZUCA

https://dgmods.com/

I had seen those and didn't know if anyone cared to share how well they work. Wonder if this will fit the larger 36 oz Yeti Bottles?

I had seen those and didn't know if anyone cared to share how well they work. Wonder if this will fit the larger 36 oz Yeti Bottles?

The Yeti website says that the Rambler 36 oz. is 97 mm in diameter, and the Arundel only goes up to 95mm so it appears that the 36 oz. is too big, but the 26 oz. will fit at 86mm. Also the 36 oz. and 48 oz. Nalgenes do fit.

The Yeti website says that the Rambler 36 oz. is 97 mm in diameter, and the Arundel only goes up to 95mm so it appears that the 36 oz. is too big, but the 26 oz. will fit at 86mm. Also the 36 oz. and 48 oz. Nalgenes do fit.

Thanks for doing the leg work.

Figured I'd have to go down a size. We get Yeti at cost where I work so I guess I can just grab a 26 oz.

Have been enjoying the cart. Picked up one of the Infinite Discs putter pockets and it has made a good difference. Having my putters up top is where it's at. The wheels have rubbed a couple of times on my bag so I will have to do something about that and get a fender kit.

With my issues with putting I got to looking thru my stacks of discs. Came across my Mint stuff that picked up a couple of years ago. I always liked the way the Bullet felt and remembered putting ok with them. Decided to give them, and the other Mint/ Axiom/ Streamline stuff a spin.

3x Soft Royal Bullet

Royal Bullet
Royal Profit
Soft Proton Ion
2x Proton Envy
Glow Z Zone

3x Eternal Mustang
Eternal Bobcat

Proton Crave
2x Eternal Alpha

2x Plasma Trace
Neutron Trace

The Bullets putted and threw great. With the soft Royal I get really good finger spring and was more successful putting than I had been in a while. I put in a lot of putts both days this weekend and they work for me.

Beat up Bullet for neutral/ flippy throwing putter. Profit kind fills a Rhyno-ish slot. Really like it for FH approach shots. I found an old soft Proton Ion in my stash that I threw in the cart. Such a good throwing putter. Same with the Envy. Envy will probably be what I throw the most. Zones do Zone things. I appreciate the depth after throwing the deeper RC3s.

Mustangs were the standout from my previous time with Mint. Instantly remembered why I liked throwing these. Good carry, and really ride the line of being stable, but not too OS for my workhorse mid. Bobcat for wind and FH.

I threw the Crave all over the place. I didn't have anything slower and neutral and I really missed it. Was surprised what the Crave was able to do. I need to find something slow and neutral. Thinking Jackalope, maybe Drift. Crave stays for now.

Alphas need to get beat up. Right not they are in the OS PD slot. Good for FH, decent in the wind. Would want something like a Sidewinder or Escape to pair with it.

Traces are interesting. They are really nice shot shapers for me. They are like good Wraiths, maybe a little bit more turn. I would want something a little faster and -1/3.

I'm going to mess around with the Gyro world stuff a little. Axiom, MVP, Mint, Streamline, and Thought Space. Looking for recommendations for OS Approach, Neutral Fairway, Neutral 9 speed, and Distance Drivers. Leaning towards Mint and Thought Space stuff to try: Praxis, Mantra, Construct, Synapse and Temple from TSA. Jackalope, Diamondback, Pheonix, and Lobster from Mint.

Cold and windy weekend rounds.

Scored a used Electron Soft Envy. Going directly in the bag. Lost a Plasma Mustang and Eternal Alpha in some leaves. Not happy about losing that Mustang.

2x Royal Soft Bullet

Electron Soft Envy
2x Proton Envy
Royal Profit
Glo Zone

3x Eternal Mustang

Proton Crave
2x Eternal Alpha

Neutron Trace
2x Plasma Trace

Have discs on the way to fill in some holes. Glow Mustang, Eternal Jackalope, Phoenix, Manas, Constructs, and Synapses on the way.

Thinking about trying a pair of the Vans Ultrarange Exo shoes for the season. Looked like a number of pros were wearing them, notably Gannon Burr.

Anyone have experience with them? Mostly how they are holding up and wearing?

My fairways are a bit of a mess and need to be figured out. Jackalope and Phoenix are staying. Alpha is likely going situational when I need wind resistance\ FH. Really like the Crave but don't know if I need both 7 and 9 speed stable drivers. Construct is good, but I'm concerned about it in the wind. Mana is interesting, kind of a longer FD. Feel like I want something more OS as well for distance. More tweaks coming...

2x Soft Bullets

Royal Bullet
Soft Electron Envy
Proton Envy
Glo Z Zone

Eternal Mustang
Nocturnal Mustang

2x Eternal Jackalope
Proton Crave
Ethereal Construct
Aura Construct
Ethos Mana
Eternal Phoenix
Nocturnal Phoenix

Neuron Trace
2x Plasma Trace
2x Ethos Synapse

Last minute 1st tournament of the year tomorrow. Local club is hosting monthly non-sanctioned. Shorter course. Stoked for 1st round of competitive golf this year.

2x Soft Bullets

Royal Bullet
Soft Electron Envy
Proton Envy
Glo Z Zone

Eternal Mustang
Nocturnal Mustang

Eternal Jackalope
Proton Crave
Ethereal Construct
Aura Construct
Ethos Mana
Eternal Phoenix
Nocturnal Phoenix

Neutron Trace
2x Plasma Trace
2x Ethos Synapse

Thinking about trying a pair of the Vans Ultrarange Exo shoes for the season. Looked like a number of pros were wearing them, notably Gannon Burr.

Anyone have experience with them? Mostly how they are holding up and wearing?

I love 'em, especially for park golf and turf pads. I don't have the waterproof ones so wear different shoes for dew and more sturdy for the mountains.

Handnt heard of the Phoenix before, looked that up and the bag looks solid.

I love 'em, especially for park golf and turf pads. I don't have the waterproof ones so wear different shoes for dew and more sturdy for the mountains.

Handnt heard of the Phoenix before, looked that up and the bag looks solid.

Thanks for the reply.

I too think the ultraranges would be great for park style golf. I just can't think that they would hold up particularly well for the kind of courses I play.

Picked up a pair of Nike Pegasus Trail 4s for about half price from our new D1cks factory Store. Super comfortable and responsive. The outsole and ride is way better than the v3s. Very happy with them so far.

Decided to fill the bag with my Discraft stuff since the 6x McBeth discs dropped. Have been enjoying it quite a bit.

2x SB Luna

TS ESP Luna
TS Metallic Z Luna
Putter Line Zone
ESP Zone

Z Buzzz
3x ESP Buzzz

ESP Heat
3x ESP Anax

3x ESP Zeus
ESP Force
Z Force

Making more long putts with the Luna. Feel like things are improving with my putting form/ routine and I am making more putts. Lost my go to OG Glo Z Zone, which will be extremely hard to replace.

Buzzz is still a good mid. I can FH them better than other similar mids, but I still "like not love" them backhand. My beat circle stamp ESP and PFN Z are my go to with the setup bookended with a PMcB ESP.

I am really missing a neutral, slower fairway. Heat I grabbed from the used bin and it is hyzer flip to turnover. Might be interesting to try and work on rollers again and I think it might work out. Using basically just the Anax for fairways has me working on angles a lot and has been ok. Between the Z Force and Proto Anax I don't feel like I'm really missing the OS Utility fairway, but I'd probably add on as a security blanket.

Distance is working ok. I've picked up a little distance since last throwing Zeus. For whatever reason they don't feel like they go as far as a Destroyer/ DD3 off the tee but they are actually landing at similar distances. ESP Force is beat and goes and goes. Z Force is a 4 claw and very OS.

Other than a couple small holes, which are mostly in my head, the bag works well. I would want to add a slower, neutral fairway and an OS fairway. Maybe a light Athena? Raptor of some kind for OS?

Also, I know probably mess with my bag too much. Trying new discs, and cycling back to ones that I like, is part of the fun of the game for me. I could throw Avairs, Rocs, Teebirds, Firebirds, and Destroyers and be fine, but I have always liked switching things up and trying new molds.

Discraft saga continues...

Putted great with the Lunas over the weekend. Canned longer putts than I had been. Grabbed a new ESP Zone to try and replace my lost Glo Z. Complements my beat up ESP as a good pair. Found a used Pro D Banger GT. Fairly soft but a nice straight, hit and stick approach disc. Was expecting it to be more like a Challenger but it is closer to my 1st run Lunas. I would much rather throw a Luna off the tee, but something about the Banger I really like for approach shots.

Threw the Buzzz well. My 10+ year old Z is such a nice straight flyer.

Some changes with fairways. Picked up a 164g and 167g Athena. Threw the 164g on every hole. The light one is a little more OS than I had expected, but shapes lines well. It does need a little more beating to get it where I want, but on the whole I like the mold a lot. Also got a Z Raptor and ESP Cap Rap. Really nice step more OS than the Anax with the Rap, then another step with the CapRap. Feeling good about the fairways.

Scored 2 seasoned Forces for cheap. Both have more fight left than I was expecting and at least 1 will stick in the bag for now. Dropped the OS Z Force and switching around Zeus. Still playing around with the distance stuff to find what works. Might add a Hades to the bag for something truly flippy, but I can more or less cover that with my ESP Heat.

2x SB Luna

ESP Luna
TS Z Luna
ProD Banger GT
2x ESP Zone: Seasoned/ Fresh

2x ESP Buzzz: Beat/ Fresh
Z Buzzz

2x ESP Athena: Fresh
2x ESP Anax: Seasoned/ Fresh Proto
ESP Heat
Z Raptor
ESP CapRap

3x ESP Force: Beat/ 2x Seasoned
3x ESP Zeus: Seasoned 164g, Fresh, Fresh Proto

Tournament season is here. First rated round of the year is next weekend. Trying to get ready and hope to play a little more golf before next weekend to get ready. Fun to try new stuff but it's time to dial in my game for the season.

Threw mostly if not all Discmania last season and that will continue this year. The mids and drivers work well for me. Putters have been all over the place, but I feel like the archer is improving and I am seeing it on the course. I'm sure things will come and go, but to start my rated rounds I'm going with what I know and what has worked for me.

3x Hard Link

Beat Flex2 P2
C Line P2
K1 Berg
Beat Soft Tactic
Seasoned Soft Tactic
Razor Claw 3

Origin
Mindbender
IS4 Chroma MD3
IS1 MF Glow MD3

CFD (Innova)
Halo Hawkeye
SPD(Innova)
Nordic Phenom SPD
10 yr CPD
Sexton Firebird

4x Star Destroyer

I expect to see the biggest changes with the drivers. I dropped FDs last year for Essences. Decent chance the Essence comes back as I threw it well. Have been clicking again with the FD in field work so they are getting the nod to start. Destroyers may get dropped for DD3. My old AJ Destroyers are more reliable, but I feel like I can push my DD3s out further. Snagged 3x basically new Links for cheap so decided to give them a go. Lunas are on the bench if I can't get the Link/ P1 to do what I want. Same thing with the Tactic. If they don't work I have Zones ready to go back in. Berg back as a safety blanket.

Stoked to start playing competitive golf again.