• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Opto Line Riot

KMaC

Double Eagle Member
Just picked one of these up and I am loving it! I was on a new course, so I only threw it a handful of times, but hope to give it some more attention soon.

Anyone else throwing one of these?

That's what I'm talking about! More Latitude 64 love on this site. :)

The Riot and Striker are two of my favorite drivers.

yeahhhhhh it's a GREAT driver!!! I lost mine last week and was real sad then it was returned and the triumphant fist was back in my bag.

What do you guys use it for mostly? The course I was on was much shorter than the one I usually play, and I didn't really get to open her up.

How does the riot do when you really bomb it?

For me, it turns over a little bit, and then fades back exactly the amount that it 'turned over', I guess? Does that make sense? I throw about 325 ish that way.

thrown with some hyzer release and hard it flips up and turns over but not out of control turnover. then it just acts like it wants to stay in flight forever. That was first thing I noticed was how when in flight it seems to bounce up repeatedly as if it wants to stay up and off the ground!!! I love this driver and also the plastic feels the best of all the competitors lines. z and champ are nice but the opto has a grippy rubbery sticky feel. not just feel of hard plastic like others. It is also a great disc to throw at about 80% power flat and low and just watch it fly straight forever with very little fade.

So it isn't extremely overstable? They make it sound like a brick so I have never bought one.

It is not crazy overstable. It flies pretty similiar to a Destroyer or a brand new Champ Wraith. I don't throw mine right now. Too fast for me. But a friend of mine was nice enough to bomb it about 540' on a 560' hole for me. We are no longer speaking.

So it isn't extremely overstable? They make it sound like a brick so I have never bought one.

I was surprised. I would say it's a little bit less stable than a Destroyer. It seems kind of like a straighter champ Orc.

This plastic is SWEET, but the thing I like the most about this disc is the lip. It's angled, and feels great in your hand.

It is not crazy overstable. It flies pretty similiar to a Destroyer or a brand new Champ Wraith. I don't throw mine right now. Too fast for me. But a friend of mine was nice enough to bomb it about 540' on a 560' hole for me. We are no longer speaking.

With comments like this you make me want to get one. I have the Striker and just got a Core. Trying to figure out if I want to try a Riot or a Vision. Is the Vision as understable as it says on the flight chart?

BillnChristy, are you gonna let this guy steal your Lat. 64 shine like that? Shame, a damn shame.

Hey its a disc I don't have of theirs...what can ya do??

As for the Vision, I don't think its as understable as shown, it is valkyrie like but flies for miles...needs finesse though. Sometimes I throw it now and it just goes right and never comes back...damn thing will fly 320' but land waaaaay off target.

Well I've been throwing Wraiths and Surges so I will probably buy one. Latitude you've got me again.

It does seem from it's description it is exactly like a wraith/ surge.

I throw surges so I think I'd like it. I can't legitimize buying something exactly like my surge right now. When I need to replace my surge though I may have to try out the riot instead. Lat 64 is lookin better and better to me as time goes by.