• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Opto Trident, First Run???

AceWraith

I have a clear 174g that is dinner plate flat, it has a sparkly almost 'holographic' style stamp that I haven't on any newer runs. Also the newer disc lower part of the outside rim seems to have been 'routed' and removed the sharp angle of the older disc. I have seen some older ones and newer ones so I am able to confirm the 'rim routing' to determine if its new or old. But I am more so concerned with the stamp since I haven't seen one like it. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

p.s. main reason I'm asking is the special stamp without the 'rim routing' is noticable beefy, and I love it

I'm not much help, but you might try emailing Lat 64 and asking them directly. They're pretty good about replying to those types of questions.

Picture or two might help if you can upload some. Clear ones were more available in early runs but isn't a determining factor I've seen some newer that are also. The stamp you describe actually sounds newer to me but a picture might change that. A lot of the opto tridents are super flat in different runs so that's not great for determining it's age either. Does it have sparkle in the plastic? It won't be labeled as sparkle opto but there were a lot last year that have the sparkle in it. Got a nice dark wine red/purple myself like that. Flat and beefy flyer for only being 168g.

I don't know about it being a first run.
Lat seems to have really only recently started to do such identifiers (e.g. Premiere Villain, First Run Mace, First Run Stiletto, First Run Fury).

With respect to the rim the older models of the Trident and XXX all have a blunter nose (with either no or very little routing).

Newer models have noticeable routing.

I asked about this with a Q&A with Mr. Ekstrom on the FB group to see if the increase in routing was to change flight. The answer was that they now had a machine to do this. So you get a uniform trim of the flashing of the nose on all of the discs. The bevel is obvious and noticeable on all of the DD models, and any fairly recent moulding of a Lat or Westside disc.

is it purple/blue clear with silver stamp? those are from 2009ish. Also old Lat tooling was a larger font and around the center nipple im pretty sure.

photostream
[/IMG]