• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Organic Gateway material?

ViolaBouquet

Eagle Member
I have a few Organic Magics, and a couple Organic Wizards. I love the grip on them, but I am wondering what they are made from. It says recycled, and renewable material. Is it old discs, or something else. I swear they put maple syrup in mine.

They are ALL different. I love the dark green proto organic wizards but theyare totally different then any other organic wizard

My Magics are green, and say prototype. the Wizards are black, and have the small recycle logo which I see on almost every organic wizard.

If they are all different, where do they get the plastics?

You will see way more then those blackies. They make them in almost every color and stamp. Dont know where they get the plastic

They are ALL different. I love the dark green proto organic wizards but theyare totally different then any other organic wizard

I have an organic prototype wizard that i loved the feel of, but the regular run felt too different to make the bag. I just dropped my wizard for a yeti aviar because those are alot easier to find multiples of

From the Gateway site:
"For those of you who do not know what our organic (OG) line is:
Combining recycled materials with renewable resources for an eco friendly product.
We combine recycled rubber ( part our own regrind and part post industrial /pre-consumer) with a corn based polymer (renewable resource) knows as PLA."
They use the non-biodegradable PLA, but have run smaller batches using bio-degradable PLA as well. (I guess you could turn your old discs into compost and fertilizer with these).

I have an organic Wizard (maroon X-out) that has become my favorite putter...been thinking about picking up some more!

I have a reg OG wiz that I fell in love with... Bright red with the small wizard logo. Very tacky. But when I asked Dave @ Gateway where I could get more, he told me that they only ever made ~200 red organic wizards and the compound they used to make them was no longer available.

So basically, if you've got one organic Gateway disc that you love, and you're trying to find backups/replacements, give up.

I have a reg OG wiz that I fell in love with... Bright red with the small wizard logo. Very tacky. But when I asked Dave @ Gateway where I could get more, he told me that they only ever made ~200 red organic wizards and the compound they used to make them was no longer available.

So basically, if you've got one organic Gateway disc that you love, and you're trying to find backups/replacements, give up.

Good thing I took a chance and bought all three proto organic magics Dynamic Discs had.

I have a few Organic Magics, and a couple Organic Wizards. I love the grip on them, but I am wondering what they are made from. It says recycled, and renewable material. Is it old discs, or something else. I swear they put maple syrup in mine.

They do smell like maple syrup when new!!!
I use them as my main putters. Love the grip on these things. I wasn't sure what they we're made from either though, so I couldn't help you there. I have some grey/green keriakes stamped ones that are money. The black ones I have feel more chalky to me which I don't like as much.

Sup Shawn, nice to see a familiar face on here. I have a couple OG Wizards that are sewer plate hard. Three have the small recycle stamp and the others have a HUGE recycle stamp on them. If you don't want or like the small recycle stamp Wizards I'll gladly take them.

Ill second that. I love the small recycle stamp wizards. Id like some harder ones though too. If you wanna get rid of those hard ones pm me with a price or trades.

Latest posts