• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Orion LS

It is significantly more overstable, especially at low speed. And especially the newer 1.3 run QOLF. The really early SOLFs weren't THAT much more OS, but there is a pretty big difference in how they work. OLF, slight HS turn, solid LS hookup. OLS, fairly significant HS turn, little LS fade unless thrown with some height.

I have several sparkle QOLF 1.3, and they are very overstable. More than the two 1.2 I have. I like them. Great fade and headwind driver.

YES. Although they are a little domey, 1.3 QOLFs are the beefiest QOLF run yet. They will start with just about 0 HST and pretty solid fade. They are the sparkle run, for easy ID.

YES. Although they are a little domey, 1.3 QOLFs are the beefiest QOLF run yet. They will start with just about 0 HST and pretty solid fade. They are the sparkle run, for easy ID.

I've got 5 sparkle 1.3 QOLF's sitting here that all have identical small dome, and they're beefy! I know some are domey, I've seen them.

Yup. Little domey. More so than 1.2s which are more domey than 1.1s. Same order for most to least OS.

Are they good enough in the wind to handle Firebird type duties?

This is why it gets tricky with OLF's, and he'd probably be better off going with the PD. More frequent runs, easier to find, and more to choose from.

Anyway, 1.3's QOLF's are the beefiest, and sparkles the beefiest of the 1.3's. 1.2's aren't quite as OS as 1.3's, and have a little better glide...and they're not sparkle. I don't throw 1.1's because they're basically all gone, and extremely hard to find.

I've found both 1.2 and sparkle 1.3 QOLF's to be money into a headwind. Not a Firebird, but plenty OS if you have decent form and don't tend to anhyzer or torque-over your drives.

I've never seen a non-sparkly 1.3.
1.2s are really good slightly OS workhorses. I love those, and they came in nice bright colors.
1.1s are hard to find, and getting rarer all the time. It is tough to find someone who wants to come off their stash at this point. And there are other discs that fly the 1.1 line, sortof.

But a 1.3 QOLF really does start around the same as a Patent # SPD or the less beefy CPD runs. And they hold up great in a wind. I threw the heck out of them for a good while. They are PDs for people who like to throw with a little hyzer.

Eagle vs. Teebird really is OLF vs. PD, clichéd as it sounds the 400th time around.

I've never seen a non-sparkly 1.3.
1.2s are really good slightly OS workhorses. I love those, and they came in nice bright colors.
1.1s are hard to find, and getting rarer all the time. It is tough to find someone who wants to come off their stash at this point. And there are other discs that fly the 1.1 line, sortof.

But a 1.3 QOLF really does start around the same as a Patent # SPD or the less beefy CPD runs. And they hold up great in a wind. I threw the heck out of them for a good while. They are PDs for people who like to throw with a little hyzer.

Eagle vs. Teebird really is OLF vs. PD, clichéd as it sounds the 400th time around.

I think I have, but maybe I'm mistaken...like I said, confusing.

Oh yeah, OLF and PD should be interchangeable. I would have gone with PD's if I didn't stumble on several identical moderate dome sparkle QOLF's. 3 blue sparkle, 1 purple sparkle, 1 black sparkle...and that one is a beauty! Both my 1.2 QOLF's are yellow.

I think I have, but maybe I'm mistaken...like I said, confusing.

Oh yeah, OLF and PD should be interchangeable. I would have gone with PD's if I didn't stumble on several identical moderate dome sparkle QOLF's. 3 blue sparkle, 1 purple sparkle, 1 black sparkle...and that one is a beauty! Both my 1.2 QOLF's are yellow.

Those dayglo yellow 1.2s are MONEY. They were a game changer for me.

I actually like the sparkles a little better, they're somehow faster and a little longer. I go back and forth between the sparkle and 1.2 in my bag.

Can't do it, I still use the 1.2's. And I'll never be able to find more like them. Thanks for the offer though.

OLF and OLS are an excellent combo. What do you want to know?

This thread has been great so far and really answered a lot of my questions. Basically I have been searching for a faster driver combo to start experimenting with. Essentially looking for a step up in speed from the Patriot/Teebird fairway combo I currently throw.

I figure the OLS and OLF would both be workhorse distance drivers for me, with the OLF filling in when I need to fight the wind a bit more. Would still have my Champ Firebird rounding out the lineup for extra-OS/utility/skip duties.

I dig champion plastic drivers because they last forever, so I might pull the trigger on a lighter (165-168g) QOLS and QOLF pair and see how it goes. I see you guys talking about the dome on the QOLFs - are they really super-domey? I can stomach some dome, but I don't like salad bowls.

Not salad bowls. Mild dome relative to the world, but each successive QOLF run got a little more dome than the one before it.

This thread has been great so far and really answered a lot of my questions. Basically I have been searching for a faster driver combo to start experimenting with. Essentially looking for a step up in speed from the Patriot/Teebird fairway combo I currently throw.

I figure the OLS and OLF would both be workhorse distance drivers for me, with the OLF filling in when I need to fight the wind a bit more. Would still have my Champ Firebird rounding out the lineup for extra-OS/utility/skip duties.

I dig champion plastic drivers because they last forever, so I might pull the trigger on a lighter (165-168g) QOLS and QOLF pair and see how it goes. I see you guys talking about the dome on the QOLFs - are they really super-domey? I can stomach some dome, but I don't like salad bowls.

I've never seen a OLF in the Quantum (Q) plastic that had excessive dome. The ones I've seen, sparkle or no sparkle, have either very little dome or a more typical moderate dome. That's not to say domey ones don't exist, maybe others could add to that here.

Not salad bowls. Mild dome relative to the world, but each successive QOLF run got a little more dome than the one before it.

I've never seen a OLF in the Quantum (Q) plastic that had excessive dome. The ones I've seen, sparkle or no sparkle, have either very little dome or a more typical moderate dome. That's not to say domey ones don't exist, maybe others could add to that here.

Ok, cool. Sounds like the dome probably won't be an issue. Thanks.

Picked up this first run Sirius OLS at PIAS today. 168g, stamp is pretty faded, but the disc itself is in great condition. How do you think this one will fly compared to more recent runs? Any major differences?

Attachments

• OLS.jpg
    OLS.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts