• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce BIG ace.

any ace requires a certain amount of 'luck'. when you hit the chains from that distance it's very easy for the disc to pop out. it takes skill to get close as you are describing, but anytime that you hit chains and it sticks, a certain amount of 'luck' or 'good fortune' or whatever you want to call it has to come into play.
Some luck, I'll buy. Pure luck? Not buying it.

So me acing the same hole 4 times now with the same disc and the same thumber line has all been luck... I don't buy that. I've come ridiculously close countless other times, but could tell within 2 seconds of it leaving my hand that it wasnt in. Seriously, put a 5 M rind around the basket and I'll put it within that circle 9/10 times, and the 10th time wasn't because I didn't get lucky. It's because I didn't throw my shot correctly.

what hole is this.

Can you link the hole and course.

I aced hole 2 at Blue Mountain in Missoula, MT on the middle position, so that's 155(twice) which gets me to 310 total. I aced hole 7 at Cumberland Green in Fountain, CO which is 161 (I actually think it's less. I'd say more like 150.) So that's a grand total of 471 feet...79 feet than Paige Pierce's single Ace. I suck.

Not sure on longest, but I remember someone got one on a 700+ ft hole in MT.
Paige's ace wasn't even the longest one this weekend, McBeth got one @ 570 in UT... Craziness!

Last edited:
Shortly after Lil Wig got the 836' distance record, some guy snagged a roller ace in Bowling Green at 800' with a Vulcan.

Is that what happened at the end of that long, boring roller video?
I gave up after about 20 seconds or so of that disc wobbling along.
Oh wait, that was a Roadrunner in that video.
Nevermind.

I would agree that it plays about that too. Nonetheless an impressive ace, but not that hard to throw a 150 class nuke 550 feet downhill for all the people that are praising her distance.

maybe so...but the hard part is hitting the basket that is 550 feet down the hell...and having it stay there. :confused:

the entire right side of that hole is jail. Like, lost disc penalty jail, all the way to the basket.

Deep and left is the same, you'll never find it.

Having thrown the hole many times, I'd say it's about a solid 425' of power to hit the green, holding an anny the whole way with a sliiight hook up at the end. My best drive that weekend ended up 150' short, laying up out in the field to avoid trouble. Many, many players that I know can throw 400' didn't even come close all weekend to a putt for deuce, although I know some pros got it.

Oh, and there's always the wind coming up from the left, blowing over a half mile of open fields.

It's not impressive for the distance, it's impressive for the HUUUGE ballz/ovaries it took to go for it. Not only hitting the ace, but hitting the basket later the next day. Crazy.

Skill is being able to do the same exact thing over and over again. Coming close to the basket dozens of times is skill. Getting an amazing blind ace once is not skill. And once you get an ace on your 20' hole 16 half of the time, then you can say aces are not luck, but skill. So go back to school and take a statistics class.