• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce To Discraft 2020

At the Waco open, Paige (the highest rated FPO player) averaged a 949 rating for 2 rounds, came in 13th place and did not cash.

w..o...w.

Yes, it´s just weird. . she played 3 rounds over 1000 just two weeks ago...and no this?!?
Looking at the PDGA stats this looks to be Paige worst Open FPO tournament EVER

But lot´s of strange results on the MPO side to. . Rick outside cash and Eagle and Simon WAY behind

Watching the 2nd and final round on the mens side seemed odd also, it's was almost sublackluster, it's like the season ending took a lot of the life out of the players.

But lot´s of strange results on the MPO side to. . Rick outside cash

If you mean Ricky Wysocki, that might not be a strange thing going forward if he has aftereffects of his Lyme's illness. He might return to top form... or he well might not.

Paiges latest video is worth a look, nice insight behind the scenes of the players van life

Paiges latest video is worth a look, nice insight behind the scenes of the players van life
Yes, and another of her video's worth a look are the "inside look" videos, especially her one of Waco where she did not perform as she wanted to. Her level of communication with her fans is exceptional. :clap:

Mixed feelings from that video... (In regards to living out of a van.) I mean she's the #1 FPO player in our sport. Just not sure how other younger up and coming FPO players would feel about that video. Would they aspire to be just like Paige, or would it discourage them?

Mixed feelings from that video... (In regards to living out of a van.) I mean she's the #1 FPO player in our sport. Just not sure how other younger up and coming FPO players would feel about that video. Would they aspire to be just like Paige, or would it discourage them?

Well, its at least a very "real" vid. By that I mean Paige shows the repetitive downside of competitive disc golf. Any up and comer has to realize that being a pro disc golfer involves almost constant travel, a less than stellar diet, and living on the road for most of the year.

I find her videos enlightening, especially the quiet periods of reflection after a bad round. You learn a lot more about someone watching them when they're struggling than when everything's coming easily.

All these professional "van life" disc golfers are in limbo for the time being (as is just about everyone else for that matter). At least in this latest video Paige didn't gloss everything over and pretend her life is roses right now.

I guess Paige does the van life because she likes it. . her salary from Discraft should cover a "Fly to the event and stay at a hotel life" if she wanted to

I guess Paige does the van life because she likes it. . her salary from Discraft should cover a "Fly to the event and stay at a hotel life" if she wanted to

That's what I was thinking but didn't want to bring that up due to the possible mpo vs fpo salary debate...again. lol.. but it's a valid point.. is she doing the van life out of necessity or is it like you said.. her choice?

Doesn't seem very amenable to a "make smart investments and have money when I can't play top level disc golf anymore" lifestyle, though.

From the interviews i herd she said that her salary is close to Pauls or even the same, she was i little vague. . but even if she have half that of Paul thats still six figures. . than an ad Disc sales to that

But even if she can afford hotells...is it practical? With a Van you live CLOSE to the course

Doesn't seem very amenable to a "make smart investments and have money when I can't play top level disc golf anymore" lifestyle, though.

Sure, if she have a six figure salary and live CHEAP and invest that money she will be economically independent in just a few years

IIRC there was a video where Paige's family helped her build that van, and it appeared to be a labor of love. So my guess is that she likes the van life and the DG tour life, and if she's saving money for the future by doing that, more power to her.

She does need to eat well and correctly, though, no matter what age she is. That can catch up to her over time...

IIRC her interview said her contract had the POTENTIAL to be the highest in all of disc golf. That sounds less like a high set salary and more potential with disc/merchandise sales and media and performance bonuses.

I remember in some interview her Dad said he has a daughter being raised on disc golf starting at an even younger age than Paige.

From all I read I think Paige does the van life mainly because she enjoys it. She has a lot to deal with emotional wise right now. Her career had just caught a shooting star and the sky was the limit. And then along came Coronavirus.

From all I read I think Paige does the van life mainly because she enjoys it. She has a lot to deal with emotional wise right now. Her career had just caught a shooting star and the sky was the limit. And then along came Coronavirus.

Her career will still very much be there when disc golf resumes. However, I fully agree that it sucks to have things put in limbo right at the beginning of the season in the first year of a huge new contract. For someone who puts basically 100% of their time and energy into disc golf, I can imagine she's pretty bored right now. I guess the only thing to do is push product through Discraft's website and make new videos discussing what she's up to.

Latest posts