• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce To Discraft 2020

To me it looks like Discraft is prioritizeing the more expensive Ledgestone and tour series disc over the normal stock disc at the moment

Every manufacturer is having issues with supply currently. Covid has brought about a huge influx of new players and the factories were all shut down for at least a month. Pretty much no one has beginner friendly discs in good supply.

Every manufacturer is having issues with supply currently. Covid has brought about a huge influx of new players and the factories were all shut down for at least a month. Pretty much no one has beginner friendly discs in good supply.
I've got some new Grooves still in stock.

I've got some new Grooves still in stock.

Local big box sports store even sold the fly-dye groove....

Naw, Grooves on the FSOT thread are cheaper. Woo tourney swag? ;)

But on topic, I enjoy Paige's game very much. But sometimes even when she is commentating and explaining her reasoning, I don't always understand her reasoning. Perhaps she plays more by feel - which I understand - rather than by analyzing data.

Also, from watching the DGLO videos, it does sound like it was difficult to get a wind read from the tee on several holes.

Discraft's production is so jacked up they probably can't even supply their pro players with the discs they want. McB and Bro-D don't seem to have issues, it's likely a sexist thing.

Shelves are pretty bare of Discraft at my local shop. Owner is not a fan of them right now

I am not going to delve into the sexist theories, but I do agree with the local shop comment. I also have spoken to the local mom and pops shops here, and they are only getting fractions of their orders and rarely the popular molds.

I don't think this is a surprise, as I am sure Discraft has had a double whammy with COVID shutdown and popularity explosion. Prioritization has to be followed.

I am guessing that tournament orders are a priority fill, then online retailers and pro marketing campaigns. Those mom and pop shops likely come last, and probably don't offer the profit margins of the others, given the middle man.

Naw, Grooves on the FSOT thread are cheaper. Woo tourney swag? ;)

But on topic, I enjoy Paige's game very much. But sometimes even when she is commentating and explaining her reasoning, I don't always understand her reasoning. Perhaps she plays more by feel - which I understand - rather than by analyzing data.

Also, from watching the DGLO videos, it does sound like it was difficult to get a wind read from the tee on several holes.

The place is sooo dang vast and the elevation is mind bending. Well....at least to this noodle arm, flatlander. There are indeed several spots on the course where the wind is completely different at different spots on a hole.

She´s throwing a "new" disc on her instagram. . .Looks like a US disc in Ti

Could be a Fierce. . or SOL . . .anyone got "eagle eyes" and can see what mould that is?

But as the news comes out on GRIP EQ site i guess its a disc you get when you buy a bag. .

Last edited:
Kind of fun. . Paige makes an announcement that GRIP EQ will have something new on their instagram today

But if you go to GRIP EQ home paige. . click on Paige.. and then click on HER instagram link, you come to a totally different Paige Pierce
So GRIP have not even checked that their link goes to the right Paige. .

But Paige has SURGE SS Fly Dye on her site now. . to bad i "Can´t" buy them. .

I hope she makes a video about her choice of max D driver. . .i guess she tried the normal SURGE, but liked the SS better. . .or why no NUKE . . .or PUNISHER

But Paige has SURGE SS Fly Dye on her site now. . to bad i "Can´t" buy them. .

I hope she makes a video about her choice of max D driver. . .i guess she tried the normal SURGE, but liked the SS better. . .or why no NUKE . . .or PUNISHER

I don't know why Paige doesn't throw the Nuke. I know she even has a signature Nuke. Maybe its just too fast a driver for her to control.

The Punisher is terribly underrated. IDK if Paige has even thrown one yet or not. Frankly, I like the Punisher more than the Zeus.

If I were a sponsored Discraft pro I'd probably have both the Punisher and Nuke in the bag. Nukes would work great for those long, open ball-golf courses where you can just rip bombs on every hole without too much concern about OB.

Paige does throw the Surge SS well. That was a good addition to her bag. When she keeps it straight she outdrives all the other women easily with it.

surge ss has always been an underated mold. easy to get up to speed great flier. think the name held it back because it is way more stable then the other SS molds,

surge ss has always been an underated mold. easy to get up to speed great flier. think the name held it back because it is way more stable then the other SS molds,

The Surge SS was one of the first discs I could actually get good distance out of when I was first starting out. Happy to see it's still around and someone playing at a high level actually uses it. Now that I've seen her throwing it well it almost makes me want to try one again.

She´s throwing a "new" disc on her instagram. . .Looks like a US disc in Ti

Could be a Fierce. . or SOL . . .anyone got "eagle eyes" and can see what mould that is?

But as the news comes out on GRIP EQ site i guess its a disc you get when you buy a bag. .

Looks like Discraft will be running a Z Fierce as a ledgestone open disc. the stamp looks sick aswell :thmbup:

She said Big Z Fierce in the video.

But the "at Ledgestone" got me worried that you have to BE at Ledgeston to get these. . . not a world wide store release

But the "at Ledgestone" got me worried that you have to BE at Ledgeston to get these. . . not a world wide store release

Might have only made the PDGA minimum for a plastic type, to release a disc. If the At Discraft Ledgestone Insurance Open. The Other is she was saying she got hers at Legstone as a mistake.

Might have only made the PDGA minimum for a plastic type, to release a disc. If the At Discraft Ledgestone Insurance Open. The Other is she was saying she got hers at Legstone as a mistake.

I don´t understand that last part. .and not really the first part either . . "mistake" ?! where did she say that?

This worries me as well. Discraft just seems to have got base Fierce's in stock after being out for months, but there's still essentially no way to get one in premium plastic.. I would definitely jump on the chance to grab a Ledgestone what, but I am not driving cross country in a pandemic to buy one either..

This worries me as well. Discraft just seems to have got base Fierce's in stock after being out for months, but there's still essentially no way to get one in premium plastic.. I would definitely jump on the chance to grab a Ledgestone what, but I am not driving cross country in a pandemic to buy one either..

So, if not for the pandemic you're all in for a cross country drive to pick up a premium plastic Fierce? Maybe Jolt would hop on a plane to get one.

So, if not for the pandemic you're all in for a cross country drive to pick up a premium plastic Fierce? Maybe Jolt would hop on a plane to get one.

I want one. . but not THAT bad ;)

I had 2pc of the CryZtal Fierce in the online shopingcart but then Discraft wanted $55 in shipping. . .h--ell no

Latest posts