• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce To Discraft 2020

She didn't sign a 3-year commitment, similar to how I didn't sign a time-based commitment when starting my job.

She said she did not sign ANYTHING at all. .. and thats mindblowing to me

Maybe it´s Swedish bureaucracy but i have never heard of that you can work for a company for years without signing anything
Even when i worked a few weeks in the summer breaks when i was young you always needed to sign a employment contract

Man, this time last year Discraft was looking like a dinosaur. Their roster was lacking top current players, their website was a mess and the ads they had been running on the live streams were laughable in all the worst ways. Talk about turning things around! I'm happy Paige is getting paid. These DG offseasons are getting pretty eventful. If these types of moves continue to succeed for the players and the disc manufacturers, we may look back on Paul's deal with Discraft as a major turning point for professional disc golfers.

Does any Discraft Elite player play with a Cart? . . looks like most of them have a Grip EQ bag ( do they have to use Grip? )

Some use Upper Park, such as MJ and I think VVD.

Doesn't she already have some kind if thing going on with Grip though?

Maybe she used a cart because she had to use a DD bag....

Paige is not known for playing or event practice in the off-season. . .will that change this time?

Paul putt in MANY hours last winter . .will Paige really do that?

But does anybody here really know how many hours Paul put in last year? Or how many Paige will? I don't know how many hours I put in during the winter much less someone I don't even know. My guess is she'll be just fine.

Nate had the Buzzz as his Tour Series in 2019 . . . But Paul have the Buzzz as his signature disc

Same difference. Who's buzzz do you think they were buying last year? Nate probably still sold a few but I bet he didn't sell nearly as many as the year before...

Besides, my actual point was I doubt he cares.;)

Same difference. Who's buzzz do you think they were buying last year? Nate probably still sold a few but I bet he didn't sell nearly as many as the year before...

Besides, my actual point was I doubt he cares.;)

I guess the tour series disc give the players more money than the Sig. disc

A least here in Sweden the "ESP Buzzz Paul McBeth" cost the same as a normal ESP, The Tour series Buzzz is quite a lot more expensive

So what will be in Paiges Bag. . .my guess

Deputy will be replaced by her new own putter
Marshal- maybe Challenger or she throws the Luna to support Paul
Suspect- Zone

EMac Truth- Buzzz
Gatekeeper- Another Buzzz
Verdict- Wasp or Malta

Thief- I guess Stalker
Convict- Vulture
Felon- Raptor

Defender- Looks like Nuke as she sells Nukes in her webbshop
Enforcer- Force

Financial reporting in privately held companies defines end of year profit. Owners have a choice of what to do with the profit. They can take it out of the business and pay taxes on it, or they can keep it in the business as retained earnings for further investment. Either way, financial reporting rules that govern American business require that they complete and submit the reports to the IRS.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

She said she did not sign ANYTHING at all. .. and thats mindblowing to me

Maybe it´s Swedish bureaucracy but i have never heard of that you can work for a company for years without signing anything

To me that sounds like it was a purely "bonus" kind of an agreement, no salary, but the more you did the more you made. They probably paid a percentage of earnings, gave her a royalty per disc sold, etc, etc. Maybe that's why she was freely able to pursue other interests like photography, tour videos, etc. She was never tied down to any specific job requirement/salary.

She's getting 5 molds made so I figure that will make up the bulk of her bag.

Putter - Deputy replacement
Mid - Lucid-x Suspect replacement? Or is the Zone already perfect for that?
Fairway - Convict replacement with some tweaks so it sells better?
Driver - Her main drivers were the Defender with some Ballista Pro. Don't know Discraft drivers well enough to comment here.

Fifth disc?

If she went to DD back when she was with Prodigy and said, "Here's a reasonable offer from me, but here's the thing: no contract," they would have said yes, right? Innova was king. Prodigy had made some waves. And here is a multiple time world champ offering to throw your discs.

They never saw Discraft coming last year. I would like to know the "terms" of the "extension" she "signed" last year. Without Paul's deal, whatever was agreed to may have been totally workable for along time. And then the market changed.

She's getting 5 molds made so I figure that will make up the bulk of her bag.

Putter - Deputy replacement
Mid - Lucid-x Suspect replacement? Or is the Zone already perfect for that?
Fairway - Convict replacement with some tweaks so it sells better?
Driver - Her main drivers were the Defender with some Ballista Pro. Don't know Discraft drivers well enough to comment here.

Fifth disc?

I guess the Breaker is close in flight to the suspect ..so a breaker variant
Fairway Is tricky..Discraft have MANY OS fairways...can she find "a gap" there to fill that can sell?
Driver..I think something like the hurricane

Both Paul's and Paige fifth disc is hard to guess. .

malta isnt the neb, it has a bead. its closer to a tooled wasp of some sort.

This is what I was basing my post off of...probably should have said "Malta - Nebulaesque."
The Malta is almost exactly a Nebula as far as I can tell except a little flatter and with a bead. I can tell no other differences with the naked eye. :thmbup:

I don't think your premise is true. She got off to a slow start this year on tour and it was attributed to a lack of warm up events or preparation,

If I remember correctly, she stated during her speech after this year's world championship, that last year she was in not in a good state when it came to disc golf [https://youtu.be/2Skr_5kQNgQ?t=11527], which seemed to affect her preparation for the 2019 season. Which we all know she turned around. :clap:

Latest posts