• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Paired mid ranges? US OS Combo?

Ride the Throw

Bogey Member
So I am really stoked on the concept of carrying two very similar discs with different flight charecteristics.
Like A Fuse - Core in opto or
Ibex - Obex Firm
Or Warship Tursas in VIP
obviously staying in the same plastics, weights and firmness must yield some benefit right?
Any Combos I am missing I should consider?
MVP have a duo?

Opinions on how important that consistency might be or has been for someone?
Other combination's that mimic those Flight combos I mentioned?

Thought it was an interesting concept or topic anyway.

Roc and comet is an awesome combo. MVP has a good few mids I don't think any are that similar of a mold though. Through and verdict from dynamic are pretty much identical although I wouldn't call the truth under stable by any means

Roc and comet is an awesome combo. MVP has a good few mids I don't think any are that similar of a mold though. Through and verdict from dynamic are pretty much identical although I wouldn't call the truth under stable by any means

2nd for Roc-Comet. But because my Z Comet still isn't understable(tons of treehits), just stupid straight, I have a beat dx Roc for turnovers. If you can handle a bead and a dome on your disc, this is a nice combo.

Does anyone else pair a Z Buzzz with a Z Hornet and a Zone? I dig it because they are all beadless and flat. Pretty much the same feel in the hand and lots of OS/Stable lines covered, I also power turnover my buzzz and use a Comet for everything else.

I stay away from very understable mids and usually pair up an overstable disc with a stable/slightly US disc. I have several pairs right now that I like:

Tensor - Axis
Pain - Core
Hornet - Buzzz
Suspect - Truth
M1 - M3

I wish I could season a roc fast enough to cycle them that tasty old dx is just so much more durable so until I get one seasoned ill have to use comets.

It's not a Pair but I like using my Comet,Buzzz and Hornet. I have all my shots pretty much covered by using these 3 discs.

If I was to go with just two it would have to be Comet and Hornet. I would miss my Buzzz,but I think I would get by just fine.

Another vote for Roc/Comet.

Another combo I love is Obex/Ibex. It's more of a Stable/Neutral combo than OS/US, but still very useful. The Ibex can shape just about any line and the Obex can do the same job into solid winds.

Latest posts