• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Slow control bag - need slightly OS approach disc/slow mid

JR said:
Breaking in a Z Buzz would be a possibility but the KC is good new and probably better than the worn Z Buzz in a headwind. The KC is in between the Z Buzz and the Roc3 in stability but it glides way way more and is significantly longer.

Just so I'm clear regarding the headwind fighting ability and the somewhat overstable flight of the King Cobra, I'm guessing you think that a new KC's headwind fighting ability falls between that of a new Z Buzzz and a worn Z Buzzz. Right, what am I missing :?:

KC sounds like a possibility for me if its slightly overstable falling between a z buzzz and roc3, but your "significantly longer" description has me thinking Stalker-like 1.6rim. I don't see the King Cobra variation on the PDGA's approved discs doc so is it still the Cobra's 1.2 width rim :?:

7ontheline said:
JR said:
Breaking in a Z Buzz would be a possibility but the KC is good new and probably better than the worn Z Buzz in a headwind. The KC is in between the Z Buzz and the Roc3 in stability but it glides way way more and is significantly longer.

Just so I'm clear regarding the headwind fighting ability and the somewhat overstable flight of the King Cobra, I'm guessing you think that a new KC's headwind fighting ability falls between that of a new Z Buzzz and a worn Z Buzzz. Right, what am I missing :?:

KC sounds like a possibility for me if its slightly overstable falling between a z buzzz and roc3, but your "significantly longer" description has me thinking Stalker-like 1.6rim. I don't see the King Cobra variation on the PDGA's approved discs doc so is it still the Cobra's 1.2 width rim :?:

I have not measured the KC but it is definitely Rocish not Stalker like in the wing width. The super distance comes mostly from first rate glide but come to think of it it seems oddly fast for the wing width. One thing that helps is that it is not the tallest or the bluntest mid. The Stalker is longer but it is also much faster and power hungry. The 180 KC is almost as good in a headwind as a heavy new Z Buzz with a flat top and high PLH with steeply concave wing=like the ones starting from two years back to now are usually=the good ones. The 175 is more HSS than a slightly domey ESP Buzz by a good deal but less HSS than my year old main mid a 176 Z Buzz. I thought i saw the KC approval news when they were released but have not checked the current list. If it is not approved i'd think twice and rather go with the Atlas.

I would get a dynamic discs suspect, it is overstable but not a meathook.

Sent from somewhere and sometime in a TARDIS...

Thanks JR. I think I'm out on the 180 KC if its not going to handle a headwind any better than my max Z buzzz. I'm wanting something for headwinds in between my Z Buzzz and Roc3.

CurSpider said:
I would get a dynamic discs suspect, it is overstable but not a meathook.

IDK if the suspect will meet the OP's requirement for more glide given that his 174 KC Pro Roc didn't glide enough. I liked the lucid suspect that I threw with its dumping late fade but it was shorter than my Roc3 and I'm not so sure it'll be too different from his Star Roc.

My Roc3 is more understable than new Z flat top Buzzes are. My FR Suspect is like the more overstable than Buzz Glo Z Buzzes. For me the 175 KC i have is on par with the Roc3 stability wise but longer and the 180 KC is just a hair less stable not normally mattering and the Z Buzz is next losing out to the Glo Z Buzz and the FR Suspect in wind handling. The store i got my Roc3 from had three different shapes. Mine is the flattest and with shared highest PLH of those. So IDK how the most common Roc3s fly and what the shape and stability of those are. I have thrown only that one.

Latest posts