• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Palm pain...

Dustindt

I've been playing DG for about 10 months now and have been progressing along pretty well. About 6 months in I finally got my drives together and could throw 350 consistantly. Around this time I started to get a really sharp pain in my palm radiating upwards to my fingers after throwing my first high snap shot of the day (ie hyzerflip or something).

It generally lasts about 3-5 minutes and throwing anything else while its hurting seems to aggrivate it a little. It's similar to the pain I've experienced when hitting immobile things with a baseball bat.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this or could suggest some sort of warm up or streching exercises to alleviate the oww?

TIA,
DDT

I had this problem a couple summers ago. It lasted about 1 month or so and I've never had the problem again.

I get it too. Warming up helps. I try and throw at least 5-10 midrange shots in the 200-300 range after Ive done all my normal stretches and that helps a lot. Sometimes Ill drive by a field and just have to bust one out cold....that always hurts like a biz.

I experience this pain (or something very close to it) fairly often. It usually happens during the first couple holes of a round, and is more likely to occur if it's cold outside. It only happens once, I shake my hand/stretch it out, and it goes away.

dustindt said:
It's similar to the pain I've experienced when hitting immobile things with a baseball bat.
Anger management? :p ;)

sleepy

Aaron_D said:
I try and throw at least 5-10 midrange shots in the 200-300 range after Ive done all my normal stretches and that helps a lot.

'ppreciate you kickin' all us 200-300' throwers in the balls like that. LOL

man, wish I could "warm up" by chucking a few 300 footers.

Try some muscle cream on yours hands after your play. That might help. My wife swears by "Active On" . Its not cheap, but she loves that stuff for pain.

I have had that problem also. it seems like it is from the blood rushing to the hand during the throw cycle. It usually goes away for me after about 5-10 full power throws.

you wuss.....no just kidding. I get it too. If it still hurts after you warm up a bit just deal with it. Hand warmers help if it;'s cold

If nothing else, glad to hear I'm in such good company! It always goes away pretty quickly but I was hoping someone would say something like "I cured mine by eating more hot pockets" or "my new 50" LCD TV took all the pain away".

Guess I'll just make sure to get some full power warmups in before my rounds!
Thanks for the replies.

DDT

dustindt said:
If nothing else, glad to hear I'm in such good company! It always goes away pretty quickly but I was hoping someone would say something like "I cured mine by eating more hot pockets" or "my new 50" LCD TV took all the pain away".

I just woke my wife up laughing at that. Thanks dustin

dgdave said:
dustindt said:

I just woke my wife up laughing at that. Thanks dustin

My apologies to the missus!

i used to get it, i think it has to do with the blood rushing from one place to another with enough time it gets better