• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Starting from scratch.

As always, thank you Brychanus! I appreciate you just tagging along on my diary type of posts, lol..

And WTF (excuse my french).

Hershyzer drill.. I have NEVER seen that video - I've been missing out! And you can even incorporate it with a doorframe drill position??

@Brychanus have you and SW been over it in your form thread? Or in anyone elses thread? I need to get working on that ASAP

As always, thank you Brychanus! I appreciate you just tagging along on my diary type of posts, lol..

And WTF (excuse my french).

Hershyzer drill.. I have NEVER seen that video - I've been missing out! And you can even incorporate it with a doorframe drill position??

@Brychanus have you and SW been over it in your form thread? Or in anyone elses thread? I need to get working on that ASAP
Hershyzer is in my 'greatest drills of all time' list if I had to pick favorites.

Yes. standstills can basically just be striding out of Hershyzer and landing in the doorframe drill.

Hershyzer got me comfortable handling momentum going into the plant even with other problems going on.

It's been a while but somewhere buried back in mine he grilled my posture in it. In hindsight my rear leg was part of the difficulty getting balanced on it but the tips there should be close enough to generally true.

Oh also since you (wisely) pointed out my head rising, SW's recent tweaks have been getting my body to stay more "compressed" in the plant and my head is staying much more down through the release than before. Focusing on the hershyzer part of the move helps with that too.

I opted to put it in here.

@sidewinder22 & @Brychanus

The chicken hop. Not that i wanna incorporate it into my usual form, but it seems like a great way to stay balanced, get a proper weight shift (ish) and generally something to be tried out for "feels".

Anything you guys wanna add?

Test number 1 of the "chicken hop" :

Its likely the most strange thing i've done in my disc golf journey. I thought i could go out there and just "do it", i could not. I played a "doubles "round where i "bounced" off my pre-step (last step before x step) on one of the drives and did the chicken hop on the other drive.

Chicken hop :

- Requires A LOT of balance, i nearly tumbled off the tee pads at times.

- puts focus on the rear leg and how to get off it/coil into the rear hip?

- im unsure of distance, but i nailed my gaps later on in the round (when i quit throwing my discs into the sky).

Definitely something i need to continue experimenting with. I actually enjoyed playing around with it and i think it got some uses in terms of improving my form.

Note to self :

Foot work, posture and swing thought.

Thanks for reading my dairy

Latest posts