• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Papa's getting a brand new bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingjames1014

* Ace Member *
Ok i'm getting the Discraft misprint deal for Christmas. I was thinking those would look silly in my Innova starter bag. So my mother-in-law is gonna give me $$ for a new bag. I was wondering what bag should i get. Which bag would you folks recommend? I'm looking for the bag to hold about 15 -20 discs and be very durable. Also i'd like it to have plenty of pockets for storage (cell phone, jacket, etc.) and a couple of drink holders. I've checked out some posts already and it looks like Gorilla Boy and Phenix are popular with you folks. I'm looking to spend about 50-75 bucks. I saw that Discgolfcenter.com has a Fade Gear tourney bag for about 50 bucks that looks like it would do the job. So i'm looking for advice and suggestions from the good people at DGCR.
Thanks! :)

Fade tournament bag and some quad straps. My favorite are the "tool rider" from home depot or amazon. I thnk they are about 27$

most high-end bags in that size will be out of your price range, unfortunately. I second the vote for the fade with quads. The quads are worth every penny :thmbup:

I'm not a fan of the fade... GB is good, phenix is nice but really you can just keep your innova bag... I mean... why not? I hear the lat64 bag is uber nice. And then there is rev gear... but I am also not big into them. Its not that Fade or Rev are bad, they are good bags... just not my flava.

I agree, get the quad straps of some sort. I have the Innova ones. Those Toolrider straps look awesome though. Are they comfy, jparent?

1 - Fade Tourney Bag (~$45)
2 - You've got options on the straps. Don't get GelStrapz as you'd just be paying for the name. The Tool Rider straps are EXACTLY the same except for some better features (like a cell phone pocket and carrying/hanging rings). Start here ($27):

http://www.amazon.com/Brown-Bag-Com...1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291486640&sr=8-2-fkmr0

Closer in look to Quads are these ($22):

http://www.amazon.com/Arsenal-5560-...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291486640&sr=8-1-fkmr0

And like Quads with a hydration pack ($38):

http://www.amazon.com/Arsenal-5565-...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1291486640&sr=8-1

Let us know what you end up and buy!

Latitude bag is very nice, and was 79.99 on discgolfcenter.com or some other site recently. Only has 1 drink holler, but looks like you could fit extra drinks in a few places.

First bag was the Innova comp bag, still use it. Just got a Fade crunch to mess around with. Wanted a Nut Sack but to expensive so I made my own, will post a pic so you guys can make fun.

Wish i would have made this earlier but:

SEARCH.jpg

I have the Innova Competition bag (bought from a friend for $10!). I feel like it fit your entire description.

- Around 15-20 capacity
- Pockets for stuff
- Two drink spots
- Pretty durable (even better if you make yourself a PVC frame)

It is also right in your price range.

A Fade Crunchbox or Tourney would be great but in my opinion you should carry as few discs as possible. Also, a tourney would be cumbersome without quads, so if you're not ready to get the tourney+quads, maybe get a crunchbox now, quads in a bit (many people love the crunchbox with quads) and upgrade to a tourney when you need it.

Either way, Plasti Dip the bottom of the Fade (probably many bags can benefit from it) to increase durability 10-fold.

I have and love the Gorilla boy Chimp and it's right in your price range and on sale at present with a coupon code in another thread.

I wish I would of known about those Gorilla Boy bags before I got that Fade Crunch. Now I have to buy both.

I'm not a fan of the fade... GB is good, phenix is nice but really you can just keep your innova bag... I mean... why not? I hear the lat64 bag is uber nice. And then there is rev gear... but I am also not big into them. Its not that Fade or Rev are bad, they are good bags... just not my flava.
the more i think about it... i think this is what i'll end up doing. My starter bag is still in good shape. But when it breaks, i'll probably go with the fade tourney bag w/ quads. thanks everyone for your advice. Damn! i spent two hours researching threads and posts on bags before i did this thread. Oh well! it'll be put to good use later.

100th post!

Status
Not open for further replies.