• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Parked it tags

gabdisc

I was playing on my course recently when I found 2 bag tags randomly hanging from two different baskets on my course. This gave me the idea of "Parked it" tags. These would be tags that players would hang on the basket of holes they really enjoyed. This would be a small reward for people that maintain courses. It would also let people know what types of holes players favor. You could up scale this in so many ways. Definitely think they should have the year on them. Different colors for home courses vs traveling courses? Maybe print or write rating numbers on tags so players could see if lower ranked players like a hole that higher ranked players do not? Should there be a limit to how many each player can purchase?

I don't have the time or the energy to order these tags or to set up the retail process on a grand scale. Because of that I am throwing this idea out there in the hope that someone can take the lead on this. Maybe these already exist somewhere. Feel free to call these tags whatever you would like, just let me know where I can get some.
Still don't know what those random tags on my course are for.

Why not just graffiti the number plate with a message just like all the other people. Or you could make a really helpful disc charger on the bench!
😡

Kind of reminds me of Phantom Falls. It's been a while so my memory is a little foggy, and it really only worked because it was a private course with limited access/tee times. There were two markers on each hole (painted rocks? boards?) - one was for the best drive of all time, and one was for the best drive of that year. If you beat either of them you got to move them to where you landed, there may have been some other log book (online?) as well.

Sort of related, but not at all the same as clipping things to random baskets, just made me think of it.

Couldn't I just post on a local club forum that I really enjoyed a particular hole? And not have to buy and carry around dozens of tags a year for the holes that I enjoy?

Kind of reminds me of Phantom Falls. It's been a while so my memory is a little foggy, and it really only worked because it was a private course with limited access/tee times. There were two markers on each hole (painted rocks? boards?) - one was for the best drive of all time, and one was for the best drive of that year. If you beat either of them you got to move them to where you landed, there may have been some other log book (online?) as well.

Sort of related, but not at all the same as clipping things to random baskets, just made me think of it.

I could see something cool like this on specific courses, that have the right club with the right mindset.

Imagine having a tag for your local disc golf club, and imagine a "tree" of some sort with places to clip tags (a fabricated one, designed for the purpose). The first time someone from your club played a course, they clip the club tag to the tree.

Some holes that present specific difficulties in getting an ace, have a fabricated "wind chime" near the green that people could put tags on with their name indicating they aced it.

There is a beer bar franchise (Flying Saucer) that rewards people with engraved plates that get hung up in the bar if they drink enough different beers. Obviously it's a marketing play to get you to keep coming back to the same place, but it's also a cool one that adds a certain character to the place.

Again, that wouldn't work for most holes, or most courses, and definitely not random ones, but I could see something like it being a cool tradition at the right place.

I could see something cool like this on specific courses, that have the right club with the right mindset.

Imagine having a tag for your local disc golf club, and imagine a "tree" of some sort with places to clip tags (a fabricated one, designed for the purpose). The first time someone from your club played a course, they clip the club tag to the tree.

Some holes that present specific difficulties in getting an ace, have a fabricated "wind chime" near the green that people could put tags on with their name indicating they aced it.

There is a beer bar franchise (Flying Saucer) that rewards people with engraved plates that get hung up in the bar if they drink enough different beers. Obviously it's a marketing play to get you to keep coming back to the same place, but it's also a cool one that adds a certain character to the place.

Again, that wouldn't work for most holes, or most courses, and definitely not random ones, but I could see something like it being a cool tradition at the right place.

You could do a lot of fun stuff like that. Designate a bunch of holes that are gettable for all skill levels and once all the people that buy in birdie all the holes, they get a tag or a disc or whatever. Or Designate a hole every month. Or maybe a hole every week through the summer months or something like that.

Latest posts