• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Parked: Let's Settle the Debate Once and for All

Which Disc(s) are parked?

• White

Votes: 316 78.6%
  • Yellow

Votes: 314 78.1%
  • Green

Votes: 272 67.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 146 36.3%
  • 2nd Green

Votes: 66 16.4%

• Total voters
In my opinion, they are all parked. There are just varying degrees of parked with the gimme to the last one which should be a makable putt.

Remember, a SUV that takes up three parking spots is still parked. It may be the worse park job in the world, but it is still parked. I say that anything inside of the circle is parked for me. Whether you make the putt or not doesn't matter, the shot to get it there created that park job.

there is no such thing as a gimme. play it out. if you are tied with someone, or a stroke back, and they have a five-footer and you just sank a twenty footer, do you assume they make it? nope. not with me, anyhow. you play it.

Given some of the lies that I've heard on videos called "parked," I was going to do a poll. So as to avoid being Prerubed, I did a search. Good thing...I guess.... :p

Parked is when you're right next to the basket. Within arms reach. It's a pretty obvious metaphor. When you park your car you would want to be parked right next to your destination. Wouldn't you? That's how I see it anyhow. The closest two are parked, the third one is borderline, but the last two are not parked. They're just easy putts.
^^^This^^^
"Parked" is short for "parked at the door." If you have to throw the disc for it to go in then you aren't parked. Yes, there is some variability to that, but not enough to make a significant amount of difference; c'mon, people's arms generally aren't all that different in length.

Speaking of being Prerubed, I'll just quote him instead;)

on a 150 foot hole, a 300 foot hole, or a 500 foot hole?

at 150 the ion is as far as I would call parked, but at 500 those are all parked.

^^This is how I feel. If i threw any of those on a 500' hole you wouldn't call that parked?

Fairly certain if my car is where the fifth disc is, and the basket is my destination, I'm REALLY ****ing close to my destination. Just sayin'

EDIT: handicapped parking spaces are farther from store entrances than that last disc.

Bullseye. Inside 4m.

At inside 4m I can deal with any wind and be as 100% reliable as I am at 1m, provided I am paying ANY attention to the direction my arm moves. Even EXTREME headwinds can be handled with even a tiny bit of attention from that close.

To respond to the point about "depends where you threw the previous shot from" - I think parked has to do with what needs to be done on the green. I'm happy to be ecstatic about being inside 10m from 500 without considering it a park job. There's still work to do, I don't feel parked.

In my casual crew dollar rounds 'parked' is about 6 foot. Not really a frisbee toss at that point. Other players may pick up disc saving thrower some steps. Pushing boundaries by asking 'can you pick me up for 10 foot plus lie gets negative feedback. We play a lot of best shot doubles so clearing out at the basket area efficiently by picking up others dead discs is common.
I like getting picked up myself and extra time before I tee off again.

Given some of the lies that I've heard on videos called "parked," I was going to do a poll. So as to avoid being Prerubed, I did a search. Good thing...I guess.... :p

^^^This^^^
"Parked" is short for "parked at the door." If you have to throw the disc for it to go in then you aren't parked. Yes, there is some variability to that, but not enough to make a significant amount of difference; c'mon, people's arms generally aren't all that different in length.

Where do you get that "parked" is short for "parked at the door"?

Merriam-Webster Dictionary
1: to enclose in a park
2a(1): to bring (a vehicle) to a stop and keep standing at the edge of a public way
(2): to leave temporarily on a public way or in a parking lot or garage
b: to land and leave (an aircraft) in an assigned or accessible location
c: to establish (something, such as a satellite) in orbit
3a: to set and leave temporarily
parked his book on the chair
b: to place, settle, or establish especially for a considerable time
kids parked in front of the TV
intransitive verb

When you get to the grocery store, shopping center, work and the closest spot is a ways away....your car isn't parked? What is it then?

By the M-W definition (3a), anywhere a disc lands is "parked".

Hasn't udisc defined parked for us now? And whether or not we agree with it, udisc stats seems to be the go-to answer for most.

I don't use udisc, I have no idea what I'm talking about, so I could be way off..

UDisc.....we're talking about UDisc? Don't tell me what to do.....ain't no app gonna tell me. I ain't gonna let no cell u lar phone dictate what I do and don't. Yous all might be fine with some government signal taking away your freedumb of choice, but not this guy. Parked is what I say it is........:p

Hasn't udisc defined parked for us now? And whether or not we agree with it, udisc stats seems to be the go-to answer for most.

I don't use udisc, I have no idea what I'm talking about, so I could be way off..

Yeah, and I actually agree with uDisc's definition of parked as being inside 11'.

I have measured 11'. 10' and closer is pretty much just dropping the disc in basket. Starting around 12' is where I actually have to think about the putt; it's still an easy putt that should be made 99% of the time, but I at least have to line the putt up and think about trajectory or else I could miss it. 11' really is that breakpoint to where inside is parked and outside is a putt.

Valets work for tips. So if you're not willing to tip the valet, don't say it's parked.

Even though that last disc is only 12 feet out and should be a gimme, I would not consider it parked.