• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Particle

My thought is MVP should quit splitting hairs and make different flying molds out of this core like the ion. We now have everything from OS to US with that beautiful core that fits the fingers like a glove and has a stability from A to Z. Now make a truly OS and US shallow mold off the envy like a zone welp.... Its really crazy even to me as a dealer and one who tosses this **** how close some of these molds are.

I wouldn't mind seeing another variation or two on the Ion core. A really OS disc for one.

I wouldn't mind seeing another variation or two on the Ion core. A really OS disc for one.

Sure. I think OS mold will be off this envy core though.

You can cover way more lines with a ion/spin vs envy/(insert whatever variant of the core)

Dont really need a OS beef putter IMO but yes needed in the lineup.

My thought is MVP should quit splitting hairs and make different flying molds out of this core like the ion. We now have everything from OS to US with that beautiful core that fits the fingers like a glove and has a stability from A to Z. Now make a truly OS and US shallow mold off the envy like a zone welp.... Its really crazy even to me as a dealer and one who tosses this **** how close some of these molds are.

Agreed 100%.

They need to quit trying to create barely different discs, just to have an "Axiom" release.

There are still significant holes in the lineup, and yet... we've got Ion, Anode, Envy, Proxy, Particle, Spin. etc etc.. C'mon already.

Sure. I think OS mold will be off this envy core though.

You can cover way more lines with a ion/spin vs envy/(insert whatever variant of the core)

Dont really need a OS beef putter IMO but yes needed in the lineup.

I like to have a beefy putter when it gets windy. Usually I go with a Vibram VP. I just think it would be nice to be able to cover a larger range of stabilities with Ion core*. I still have to try a Spin, but that won't happen until they release it in a soft premium plastic.

*I wonder if they could make a decent lid with the Ion core.

I like to have a beefy putter when it gets windy. Usually I go with a Vibram VP. I just think it would be nice to be able to cover a larger range of stabilities with Ion core*. I still have to try a Spin, but that won't happen until they release it in a soft premium plastic.

*I wonder if they could make a decent lid with the Ion core.

I didn't love the spin - but that's just me - but a disc in the Envy/Proxy Class OR Atom/Particle class that is MORE OS is needed - I still use a Harp or an A2 and I like them but I do think its needed. Not so much an understable disc - they could maybe release a super OS putter with STREAMLINE same with the mid - I wonder if the flight would be better with a solo mold instead of overmold - idk, but they will have it, im sure, but we've been waiting for a while on it, I hope the wait Is only because they want to PERFECT the disc itself so it rules - im ok with that.

They are def poised to release some kind of overstable putter in any of the brands. Personally I think a single mold makes sense for a disc like this, but there is stiff competition from the harp, zone, aviarX3, etc. Give me a fast, overstable Envy to bump the zones out of my bag... Just take the same core as the Envy and Proxy and push that PLH a bit higher and I get the warm fuzzy feeling of unifying my putters to just one mold(read: core).

I've got a few putter rounds with a regular neutron Particle, and I've come to the conclusion that they'll be replacing the Envy for me. I'll be using the Particle / Proxy combo for my driving putters from now on.

I've grown to really like the Particle. The Envy has always flown very good for me, but the Particle works better for shots where I'd use the Envy.

I use the Proxy as my general purpose approach disc and driving putter, and the Envy was my more OS compliment. The Particle being a bit more OS creates a bigger gap between the molds.

Being a little bit flatter than the Envy, I find it a touch more consistent on power shots. Rips out of my backhand grip a bit more easily, and everyone knows flatter discs work great for flicks. The Envy isn't particularly deep, but the Particle feels better to drive with.

The Particle also flies a touch faster. It doesn't feel as fast as my Axis or Vector, but it does seem to hold it's speed just a bit better than the Envy. I feel like this helps it penetrate winds better.

I've been using it off the tee for a lot of 200-350' holes, both forehand and backhand. I've found if I give it a little anyhyzer, it'll fight out of it a bit more aggressively than an Envy.

The glide is still there. It dumps a bit more than the Envy as it slows down, but it's still nothing like a Zone, Credo, VP etc.

Like the Envy, I think it's a very useful combination of glide and consistency. The extra aggressiveness and flatter profile work better for how I use my moderately overstable putter, especially for flicks off the tee.

I've got a few putter rounds with a regular neutron Particle, and I've come to the conclusion that they'll be replacing the Envy for me. I'll be using the Particle / Proxy combo for my driving putters from now on. *snip*

This makes a lot of sense considering you're not carrying one of those OS molds you mentioned - I would also probably bag the more OS of the two available overmolds to pair with the Proxy.

For me, carrying two zones along with the envy makes the choice more clear - for now I think I'll stick with my 173g N Envy and 167g N Proxy, along with of course my zones and my putting daggers... man I carry a lot of putters. :|

This makes a lot of sense considering you're not carrying one of those OS molds you mentioned - I would also probably bag the more OS of the two available overmolds to pair with the Proxy.

For me, carrying two zones along with the envy makes the choice more clear - for now I think I'll stick with my 173g N Envy and 167g N Proxy, along with of course my zones and my putting daggers... man I carry a lot of putters. :|

haha me too. But Putters are important, especially throwing/approaches, I have some throwing putters, some slow putters, and straight putting putter. eh we do what we like. :D

I just got the particle and MAN is it cool. Its exactly as expected, Particle is to Envy as Atom is to Proxy - its a little thinner/flatter Envy with a little different shape on the wing, feels very similar but since I am an Atom fan I think I may have to go with particle vs envy, at least for now - which means I may need to trade some envy's ;) we'll see . but I like the black on black particle - cant wait to throw this weekend in the -4 degrees we'll be getting haha

I just got the particle and MAN is it cool. Its exactly as expected, Particle is to Envy as Atom is to Proxy - its a little thinner/flatter Envy with a little different shape on the wing, feels very similar but since I am an Atom fan I think I may have to go with particle vs envy, at least for now - which means I may need to trade some envy's ;) we'll see . but I like the black on black particle - cant wait to throw this weekend in the -4 degrees we'll be getting haha

I filmed some test throws wearing a t-shirt :D We had shorts weather for a few days last week.

It's -11 right now. It sucks. but thankfully I got out before the deep cold. I really like the particle. Atom/Particle is kinda what im preferring right now. I know I want to keep a few envy's for sure but for now im excited to see more releases of the particle and also want to see a Neutron Atom!

You guys are killing me. Starting to enjoy the Envy I put in the bag a couple months ago, but have always wanted it to be slighty more OS, especially for FH shots.

So I just ordered a couple of max weight Particles. Y'all have me chasing putters like TripleB chases fairway drivers.

Particle isn't OS enough to compete with my Zone, is it?

You guys are killing me. Starting to enjoy the Envy I put in the bag a couple months ago, but have always wanted it to be slighty more OS, especially for FH shots.

So I just ordered a couple of max weight Particles. Y'all have me chasing putters like TripleB chases fairway drivers.

Particle isn't OS enough to compete with my Zone, is it?

No not at all - but its definitely a better feel than the Envy for forehands in my opinion, youll like it im sure, especially if you liked the Envy.

No not at all - but its definitely a better feel than the Envy for forehands in my opinion, youll like it im sure, especially if you liked the Envy.

Flatter like an Atom you say? I like the sound of that since I putt with an E Atom and have recently been working with a firm E Atom for S/US upshots. I put my P Atom away since it flew very similar lines to my N Envy. Think I'll try the P Atom again and hope to beat it in a bit.

Zone, Particle, Atom FTW!.....for now

Flatter like an Atom you say? I like the sound of that since I putt with an E Atom and have recently been working with a firm E Atom for S/US upshots. I put my P Atom away since it flew very similar lines to my N Envy. Think I'll try the P Atom again and hope to beat it in a bit.

Zone, Particle, Atom FTW!.....for now

Yeah Im doing Electron Atom, Proton Atom, Particle, Harp/A2 (depends on the course/conditions whether harp or A2)

yeah the particle is a little flatter than the Envy - Proton Atom is very similar to a neutron envy - Particle is close to the envy also, I think their goal was to have a complete lineup for BOTH axiom and MVP - so the Atom and Particle are the equivalent to Proxy and Envy -
To me its like Particle is an ENVY3 (like innova 3 discs, a lil flatter, a lil faster, a lil less glide, and a lil more OS----just a hair of all of those but you can notice)

Here's a couple throws with my Neutron Particle. I really like the feel and flight. I'm still adjusting to throwing it on shots where I'd normally use the Envy. It goes a bit further on certain lines due to the flatter, faster profile.

Particle Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim Depth: 1.4 cm
Rim Width: 1.1 cm
Max Weight: 175.00

Envy Dimensions:
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim Width: 1.0 cm
Max Weight: 176.00 g

Atom Dimensions:
Height: 1.9 cm
Rim Width: 1.1 cm
Max Weight: 175.00 g

Will someone pull the pdga specs to compare where infinite pulls these from? Also wonder how 1mm could be impacted by dofferent runs given dome etc.

Latest posts