• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Particle

Should have watched it b4 making this comment. He's a little less gunny than usual, lol...

Mike- Looks like it wont really fight out of the anny tho?
I think it has a bit of turn naturally(like .5) from watching this and other vids. So it wont fight as hard as an envy would, imo. I haven't thrown one though so its just a guess. .

Last edited:
I feel it is just as OS if not a little more late fade than the Envy. I think that's the final answer regis. Envy= 3/3/-0.35/2.1 Particle = 3.25/3/-0.25/2.25 haha figure THAT one out ;) Flight # accurate AF ;)

You must have a plasma Envy or something, because I've owned 4(1N,1Pr,2SN) and none of them had an ounce of turn when new.

You must have a plasma Envy or something, because I've owned 4(1N,1Pr,2SN) and none of them had an ounce of turn when new.

The only time these discs (Envy or Particle) shows turn is if you pipe it on a flat release. Even then the turn IS minimal , hence saying the turn is like -0.2159274826 -> It's not even enough to say its a -0.5 turn -> So I agree, minimal turn/no turn but if you rip it flat it will drift a little and that's understandable since its a putter.

;)

Finally got feel one of these up at Disc'N Dat yesterday. That thing feels more like a shallow mid than a putter...

Got my Particles yesterday and was able to spend about an hour in the field. Gotta say there's very little separation between them and the N-Envy and the P-Atom. Gonna bag one and see if I like it better than the Envy. I do like the flat feel.

Was hoping the P-Atom would work as a S/US driving/upshot putter but I'm just not feeling it. I actually like the firm E-Atom for that slot but I'm just gonna say no to anything but putting with electron. Reckon I'll breakdown and try a N-Proxy and see if there's decent separation between that and the Particle. I can always go back to Shaman's if that doesn't work.

Being a gyro-head is hard, and so far I've only tried putters.

The only time these discs (Envy or Particle) shows turn is if you pipe it on a flat release. Even then the turn IS minimal , hence saying the turn is like -0.2159274826 -> It's not even enough to say its a -0.5 turn -> So I agree, minimal turn/no turn but if you rip it flat it will drift a little and that's understandable since its a putter.

;)

I actually consider it more of a "slide" or "wiggle" to the right, than an actual turn... :D I find that if I get it hard enough it will just shimmy right a hair, but not actually go into a turn. The rim never lifts to one side, but the discs does sort-of scoot to the side a couple feet before hooking up and cruising straight forever.

I actually consider it more of a "slide" or "wiggle" to the right, than an actual turn... :D I find that if I get it hard enough it will just shimmy right a hair, but not actually go into a turn. The rim never lifts to one side, but the discs does sort-of scoot to the side a couple feet before hooking up and cruising straight forever.

agreed - not a tip of the wing/turn - but a shimmy - a shuffle if you will - the Particle is pretty stable / OS

Just sort of "drifts" to the right?

After throwing the Soft N Particle off the tee today, and on several approaches, I agree there was some wiggle room in the HSS. That little bite at the end though is nice. It's not dumpy at all, but given some height / hyzer, it'll come back and nestle right under the basket. The Envy is sort of the pinnacle of MVP/Axiom's driving putters, but I think I like the Particle more. It feels better in the hand, is a bit longer, and if I end up bagging it, I could see it taking throws away from the Axis. Sorta raises the age old question if you need a mid or not. These long putters certainly don't make the answer easy.

After throwing the Soft N Particle off the tee today, and on several approaches, I agree there was some wiggle room in the HSS. That little bite at the end though is nice. It's not dumpy at all, but given some height / hyzer, it'll come back and nestle right under the basket. The Envy is sort of the pinnacle of MVP/Axiom's driving putters, but I think I like the Particle more. It feels better in the hand, is a bit longer, and if I end up bagging it, I could see it taking throws away from the Axis. Sorta raises the age old question if you need a mid or not. These long putters certainly don't make the answer easy.

That is kinda of where I have ended up as well. Mids have seen much fewer shots with the Envy, Particle, and Proxy in play. Now if they just made that Harp killer then I would be set. I will use the Tensor for those Harp-like shots, but something like that that came in a Soft Neutron or Plasma would be awesome.

That is kinda of where I have ended up as well. Mids have seen much fewer shots with the Envy, Particle, and Proxy in play. Now if they just made that Harp killer then I would be set. I will use the Tensor for those Harp-like shots, but something like that that came in a Soft Neutron or Plasma would be awesome.

Yeah I've noticed my mids don't really get much action anymore. There are some holes that are reall best for a mid, I also don't want to force myself to overpower the MVP putters I'd prefer to throw at 80-90% and not 100% on a putter if I can. But the Atom and Particle right now are just too good. If they make a premium plastic disc like the Atom just a little more understable that would be cool (no not the Spin, ick) right now I use an Electron Atom and really, that's plenty good for me, but would be nice to see an US complement to the Atom, since that thing is basically STABLE straight and the particle is straight OS - like I said, E Atom is basically that, but get that slightly worn Electron Atom flight in a Premium disc that feels just like an atom, would be cool....Neutron Atom would be good.

You tried the Proxy?

Yeah I have a Proxy, 2 actually, I like it a lot, I was rocking the Proxy Envy and like it, then the atom came out and the atom took over those pretty quick, proton Atom is close enough to the neutron Envy (almost) and the electron envy was close enough to the proxy. So yeah that works of course, but im kinda dropping the envy for the particle and proxy for the atom for the most part, I still think both axiom and MVP should have a full lineup, as their plan, itll take time. no rush,

Latest posts