• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Particle

tenor.gif

My local pias got a batch of space race stamped discs and i picked up a nice bright yellow/green soft particle. Got 9 holes worth of practice with it. Plan was for it to be a short approach disc under 200' but I ended up parking a pair of 250' holes I don't always hit. Pretty impressed so far

I like the particle - my problem - its not different enough from my proton atoms - and I love those atoms - I may not need my particles :( still was hoping it was more OS. especially more High speed stable.

I like the particle - my problem - its not different enough from my proton atoms - and I love those atoms - I may not need my particles :( still was hoping it was more OS. especially more High speed stable.
Have you tried a soft neutron? They are a bit more stable like the soft envies

I feel that the PLH is more critical here. There is some variance in those that have been released. The ones that have had the highest PLH have been the Circuit Neutrons that were first released. Even the latest runs can have varying PLH. I think that is why there has been such disparity in the reports of those that say they fly US to those that say they are slightly more OS than an Envy. While I am sure there is some operator error involved, I have both Circuit and stock releases (everything except for the LE Joy stamp) and I have soft that are OS and Neutrons that are OS. I also have various ones that have a bit more HSS and similar LSS as a beat Envy. My most OS has the highest PLH of all I have plus it came with a slight puddle top.

FWIW I'm currently bagging a soft N production run and a yellow circuit stamped Particle, both fly a bit more OS than my fresh Envys. Just a little more bite to the fade. I plan to order some softs soon if I can't find any locally...if I can I'd like to sift through some and compare PLH's.

There are so many good putters from mvp/axiom in multiple great feeling plastics it's so hard to settle on just two molds for throwers. If I could pair down my drivers a little maybe I could squeeze 10 putters in my bag. I already bag 5 at a time 2 for putting 3 for throwing. They are space hogs for sure.

There are so many good putters from mvp/axiom in multiple great feeling plastics it's so hard to settle on just two molds for throwers. If I could pair down my drivers a little maybe I could squeeze 10 putters in my bag. I already bag 5 at a time 2 for putting 3 for throwing. They are space hogs for sure.

Ain't that the truth. I bagged six today. Two Ions for putts, two Proxies and two Particles. Guess I could drop the second Proxy and leave the back-up putter in the car....

I hit a 200' putt from the teepad today with my N Particle. It was hole 7 at Coldbrook Park in Kzoo. It's a technical and heavily wooded hole that has a constant bend to the right. I threw my Particle like \ more or less and it held pefectly before pulling up and into the chains at the end.

I've been trying to decide between my N Atoms, my soft N Particle, and my N Particle as my main putter driver. At first mt N Particle was in 3rd place. I liked the Atoms because that is my putting mold and they are stable enough to take power and fade reliably. The soft N Particle stuck out because it straight up bombs. I can rip it full power and slightly turned over and get a huge S flight. It can also fly on low line drives. Over time though, even before today's ace, the smooth, predictable, and versatile flights of the N Particle have been winning out. The Particle is very underrated and imo MVP's best all-around driving putter.

Attachments

• 20190701_153027.jpg
    20190701_153027.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 15
I must once again take a moment to extoll the virtues of the Particle. Compared to MVP's other putters the Particle really flies far on a low line, taking over even more mid duties. I just love the stability of my Particles as well. Both my soft and reg Neutrons show about -.25 HSS on a 300' shot with a predictable fade, which makes them extremely workable. I know the Envy is all the rage and I do like it, but the Particle is a better overall stable driver.

Proxy pairs incredibly with the Particle (playing with my PP) for a mini Leopard/Eagle style tandem of line-shapers. The Proxy will take height and float and the Particle works the lower lines. Somebody better check on my mids because they haven't been seen recently.

Particle proxy combo have a but taken mids out of my bag.

On most courses I'm about 80/20 putters to mids off the tee on the short holes. I want soft Neutron Vectors and Theories and then I'd throw mids more.

i like the slower fairways like the relay and inspire so feel if i need more then the putter i jump up to the those.

Particle proxy combo have a but taken mids out of my bag.

I roll with an ion/anode/particle combo. Will probably drop the anode when my plasma ion straightens out some. But yeah, I don't throw my mids much at all either. Usually if it's too long for a putter, im reaching for a crave or resistor over a mid.

Have been bagging a circuit plasma axis, and will say I'm digging that immensely atm though

Latest posts