• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PAS disc sports Rovic RV1D

Disc Golf Nerd on youtube has his review up...didn't seem like he would recommend it other than for flat golf courses. Also said he had concerns about its wear long term due to plastic and lots of moving parts when it folds up. I was about to pull the trigger and get one soon but this has me rethinking it.

Disc Golf Nerd on youtube has his review up...didn't seem like he would recommend it other than for flat golf courses. Also said he had concerns about its wear long term due to plastic and lots of moving parts when it folds up. I was about to pull the trigger and get one soon but this has me rethinking it.

Me too :(

Are the other Rovic models made about the same?

I am pretty sure the RV1D is just their ball golf model modified to hold a DG bag. There weren't many reviews for the disc golf version so I read reviews on the original and didn't come across anything about it not holding up. My cart should be in this week or early next week. If the weather holds I will try to get it out and get a review up.

I have the Rovic.

It is a ball golf bag cart modified to carry disc golf bags and it is what I'd expect from a well-made golf bag cart.

It is extremely stable, I've took it on a course that had 45 degree slopes and extremely tight trails and it is a bit wide but fit reasonably well on narrow trails except when I had to carry it down about 100 feet on stairs (we were throwing from a tee on a ravine to other end).

The seat fits loosely like another poster mentioned - it is because it has to be loose in order to operate smoothly (without sticking) but it is stable enough that I wasn't concerned about falling off. I have Grip AX and it didn't interfere with the seat when I was sitting on it.

I loved the fact that I would be pushing instead of pulling it like Zucas because I'm 6-2 and have extremely long legs. My buddy has Zuca and has given up on it because he's as tall as I am and he constantly bumps his cart with his legs while walking.

The umbrella holder was slick but I was too tall (so I ended up being unable to see while pushing the cart because the umbrella was blocking my sightline). It was easily remedied by readjusting the handlebar. If you paid extra $25, you could get an adjustable umbrella holder which you could then adjust the angle.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with the Rovic. It felt sturdy and well-built. It handled very rough trails without any issues whatsoever. Ultimately, I decided that I wouldn't be using it on certain courses due to the steepness of hills that would kill just about anyone who attempt to bring a Rovic/Zuca/(fill in the blank) that are found in around Seattle area (Steillacoom, NAD Park and few others).

Just got one, my Father's Day present. I was only able to play a handful of holes this morning. Some initial thoughts:

Its BIG. And it's not as rock solid as others. It's a slightly modified bolf cart as others have pointed out. If you also whack little white balls a conversion kit is available. That said, I'm confident I could put my bag of rusting clubs on it as is without a problem. I did not get the optional seat. I just draped my tripod seat over the handle.

Of the 6 bags I own none are backpacks. I did use a Phenix bag with the shortest shoulder strap I could find. The bag sags a bit but the 20 discs were easily accessible. One big plus for me is the discs are within easy reach albeit still a bit low for taller golfers.

I played a "park" course that had good and steep elevation changes. The cart rolls like a dream and the brake works well. As stated this is a modified bolf cart and as such is made for mowed relatively smooth grass surfaces. I wouldn't recommend it and won't be using it on really rugged courses.

The small compartment holds keys, pencils, sharpies, scorecards, etc. It's too small for a large cell. I slid an erasable scorecard under the elastic strap on the top of it and its solid enough to write on.

The height adjustable handle is comfortable and the umbrella holder works great for people of average height.

It unfolds and folds up very easy.

All in all I am very pleased and I would recommend it.

That he did. The ones DGN he likes is Dynamic discs EZ Cart made by Zuca but he is a bit partial to Dynamic Discs being they were very first company to just give him discs to test. I could see for most bags the ES Cart being too small of platform width for the bag to sit on and not sag on the bottom or have issues standing. Just two little posts on the rear part of bag/backpack? I know that people with these type of carts use the post and the hook loop of a bag to hold it up, but some backpack bags will fit odd on the cart.

Latest posts