• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul and Hannah McBeth's Tour Vlog

Dynamic tried to make a "Us versus the world" team a couple years ago and everyone laughed at them for being a cult.

Prodigy was the first to do this. Just recently enough time has passed for them not to be hated anymore.

I thought for a moment they wouldnt make it after they liquidated players but KJ usa and Seppo saved their azz.

Prodigy was the first to do this. Just recently enough time has passed for them not to be hated anymore.

I thought for a moment they wouldnt make it after they liquidated players but KJ usa and Seppo saved their azz.

They've gotten a good foot hold in Europe which kept them alive.

Pretty rugged looking course. Those boulders and that terrain could probably make for some pretty nasty kicks, skips, and rolls.

Pretty funny on the whole.

Kind of surprised that he didn't go with Discraft baskets on that course. :\

Paul´s latest video raises a few questions. . . will he try that in a tournament and will it stay legal?

Paul´s latest video raises a few questions. . . will he try that in a tournament and will it stay legal?

It's not legal to use your fingers to put substance onto the disc, but it is legal to put substance onto your fingers then grab the disc.

It's not legal to use your fingers to put substance onto the disc, but it is legal to put substance onto your fingers then grab the disc.

And that is was Paul did and it seems to work. . .

I use alot of soft disc to get grip. . .i might try some "glue" on my throwing hand

https://www.pdga.com/faq/rules/qa-equ/qa-equ-4-may-i-use-stuff-my-hands-get-better-grip

QA-EQU-4: May I use stuff on my hands to get a better grip?

Yes. The use of grip aids is acceptable since nothing in the rules specifically prohibits their use. You may need to clean the disc periodically to prevent grip material from building up and adding thickness or weight to the disc.

so as long as he's abiding by that, he should be good to go

At a tournament in Michigan a long time ago I met Mark "lizard lawyer" Ellis. I helped get one of his Discraft Crush that went into the water for him. When I grabbed the disc I noticed some black sticky stuff smeared on the underside of the disc. Talked about it with another player and was told he regularly uses the pine tar type stuff, and they try not to touch his discs lol.
I know he threw alot of Forehands so it makes sense. I have had a bunch of Forehands slip out early when my hands were sweaty. I never thought of it as cheating and still don't.

I have seen Ezra use those Friction gloves quite a bit in practice rounds. I assume to prevent his fingers getting torn up. Ball golfers wear a glove for grip...football receivers...baseball batters...

Since our arms/hands/fingers are the Levers that propell the disc, I don't see a problem with adding grip to your hands. Some will end up on your disc inevitably.

I don't see it as an advantage. If anything it will make your grip inconsistent for the softer shots and putting. Constantly adding on goo for driving and taking it off for putting.

I think the best combo would be the Friction glove for driving and birdie bag for approach/putts. Still alot to fiddle with during a round.