• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul is done for 2019

He literally shook the man's hand and congratulated him in the scoring trailer after the final hole was complete. Did he really need to bring James' name into a post that had nothing to do with him?

It would have been a classy move to congratulate the winner, yes.

Right...because what he does on Instagram is more important than what he does on the course given his career as a professional disc golfer...

I never said nor implied that, and I don't know where you're grasping that from. What I did say is that it would've been a classy move to acknowledge Conrad's win. Since when has class and respect become bad things? Sheesh.

I never said nor implied that, and I don't know where you're grasping that from. What I did say is that it would've been a classy move to acknowledge Conrad's win. Since when has class and respect become bad things? Sheesh.

You are, in fact, implying that. Context is everything. You're criticizing him for not adding "congrats James Conrad" in an insta post thanking his fans for supporting him despite his struggles.

This criticism has been sustained despite video footage of him congratulating James on the course - aka "on the job"

My admittedly snarky point is about making a connection between "being classy" and Instagram, and seemingly ignoring the fact that he met Conrad face to face to congratulate him. It's patently silly to me, the notion that making a post for his fans would be "classy" vs congratulating the man himself on his achievement in the moment, which was met with "meh"

Your statement still doesn't make sense. Getting in a funk and afraid of hurting his rating? That is a weak mind and I guess a few people are taking one instance and going with that idea.

The guy AVERAGES round ratings beyond reach of 99% of disc golfers on their best day with lucky breaks.

Questioning anything about his performance is pretty Busch league. Thinking there has to be a wince or limp or something obvious that has an effect on play shows a complete lack of understanding of competing at a pretty high level in ANY sport. Holy crap limping and complaining and wincing is what a weak player does making excuses every hole.

As Jamie said the gallery following him was as big as an NT lead card. He was simply addressing them. Saying thank you for the support and he's not going to be around.

I respect the man's talent, but dismissing the possibility of Paul's ego getting in his way as though you personally know him like a brother... That's just hero worship. Lots of really good athletes have played with apparent injuries.... And also, you know, played well.

Eagle only injured himself because he was a dumbass...not wear and tear.

Of the top 3 two were not from the long/tough courses for top level pro players. First was a dumbness tantrum ending his season tantrums something Eagle needs to fix as well as his spastic nature as shown in his vlogs and on tour, then second was Lyme disease with Ricky but Lyme disease is something you can help prevent with tick checks but not 100% stop. Only Paul seemed to not handle the wear and tear of the longer/tougher courses, the long full season he set up for this year, or both.

We'll if I had to choose between a personal handshake and congratulations, or an instagram post, I'd take the instagram post lol

Last edited:
Guys, Paul is one of the most respectful dudes in the pro tour... He most definitely gave Conrad his due praise. It doesn't need to be acknowledged in a social media post. Cool your jets.

We'll if I had to choose between a personal handshake and congratulations, or an instagram post, I'd take the instagram post lol

Interesting, not saying you particularly are young, but I would guess in the media centric world we now live in, the younger demographic would lean toward the same line of thinking.

You know why some of us don't really give a crap whether or not disc golf grows as a sport? Just look at some of the conjecture used by a few bored souls in this thread over the actions or inactions of one person who has positively no impact on their personal lives. You'd think Paul stole their lunch money when they were seven and they still bitter about it years later.

I really respect that he is doing what is best for his heath even at the cost of not being able to play. I ruined my baseball career by playing through injuries. Broken wrist, torn ACL, broken nose/face, and the death blow a partial rotator cuff tear.

If I'd have listened to my body instead of trying to win a few more games that didn't matter in college my day to day life would be a bit easier. Respect to him for taking care of himself. As an athlete it's hard to do that, but no one else is going to do it for you.

I guess I just don't understand why all the speculation absent any evidence that it's not exactly what he said it was. I see no reason not to take what he posted at face value.

Didn't he post the exact evidence needed to shut these doubters up right in his post? It included a video of his putt where he mouths "what was that pop?" (and he mentions this in the text of his post) as he's walking to the basket, in reference to his ankle on said putt. He literally gave the evidence with his post, that he sustained the injury when he says he did.

Unless the conspiracy is he now just says things like that on every hole 1 *in case* he doesn't end up playing well and needs an excuse?

I am one of those people who think Paul is obviously, painfully obviously, better than Climo ever was...

I still think he played awful and made an excuse after the fact. At no point anywhere did he indicate he was injured. No limp, no wincing, no ankle brace. Just bad throws. Not even great putting by his standard. I sort of have to call BS on the injury.

My opinion is he got in a funk, didn't think he would play well for the next event or two, decided to protect his 1060.

and why the need to lead into your painfully speculative comment with a painful comparison to Climo?

Interesting, not saying you particularly are young, but I would guess in the media centric world we now live in, the younger demographic would lean toward the same line of thinking.

I actually don't have Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other mass social media platforms. I was trying to be sarcastic and couldn't pull it off.
I think this is the very reason it's fruitless for people to speculate and hop on a pedestal over someone's comment about their life's decisions.

Oh for the good old days when a mans word could be taken at face value..

2. Honestly, how often does Paul McBeth get to exist in a tournament environment and just RELAX. If this provided him with the notion that maybe he could just enjoy his weekend in Rock Hill, throw some shots with new people... why not? Especially if, per point 1, he isn't pushing the injury further.

after round 1:
Rough start but I'm game for the fight. 54 holes left and all I have to do is beat the field by 15 shots. One shot at a time if I want this title!

after round 2:
Execution.
2 rounds left, time to make this a show.
(both quotes from Paul's instagram)

neither of those say "I'm RELAXING, taking it easy, and I'm ok with that!" to me

I actually don't have Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other mass social media platforms. I was trying to be sarcastic and couldn't pull it off.
I think this is the very reason it's fruitless for people to speculate and hop on a pedestal over someone's comment about their life's decisions.

Oh for the good old days when a mans word could be taken at face value..

I niced your post. I assumed, with the lol at the end, that you were kidding.

Got to use those emojis! :):p:hfive:

Latest posts