• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth #27523

I know this isn't the same thing but there's $50k on the line for OTB skins event at Eagle's Crossing. Ricky, Simon, and Calvin are all signed up to compete.

Since the Eagle's Crossing event is Skins, and likely not sanctioned (didn't look it up), the money earned from this event will not be part of their earnings on their PDGA page. Right?

I think this is niche, but I bet McBeth really wants to be the one to achieve this. All numbers below are from last year's payouts or this page

Paul is at $78. He will hit $100K in earnings this year if he:
1. Winning USDGC ($20k) and plays DGPT Finals ($2k)
2. Gets at least second at USDGC ($13k) and gets at least 3rd at DGPT Finals ($10k)
3. Gets at least third at USDGC ($7.5k) and gets at least second at DGPT finals ($15k)
4. Winning DGPT Finals ($30k)

Ricky isn't far behind at $68k. He could do it by
1. Winning USDGC and getting at least 2nd at DGPT Finals
2. Get sixth or better at USDGC and winning DGPA Finals

Simon or Calvin (both in the $50k range) can do it by winning both events.

Or, in what would be an awesome twist, McBeth could be usurped by his pal Kristen Tattar ($62k) if she wins USDGC and gets at least 2nd at the DGPT Finals. Honestly, this seems like the most likely way that it happens this year provided that her burned finger heals.

Paige Pierce ($50k range) could also do it she wins both, but it seems unlikely based on the past few events.

Updates (based on https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2022...-300k-break-its-own-record-for-largest-purse/)
since they changed the payouts ($25k for the USDGC and I heard it'll be $35k for the DGPT Finals) it brought Gannon Buhr into the mix. If Buhr, McBeth, or Wysocki wins the DGPT finals, they'll hit the $100k mark. McBeth can also do it if he places in the top 3.

Tattar can also hit it if she earns first. Seems like a coin flip whether someone will get it this year considering 3 of the 8 MPO byes to the semis have a shot, and the top FPO player by a long shot has that same bye.

Last edited:
Also, Calvin Heimburg could do it if he wins the DGPT finals and then earns $800 off the tour. That doesn't seem like his style though.

He's played an A or B-tier in Nov/Dec every year aside from 2020.

I'm saying if he's at $99,999 he won't care if he wins another dollar. He definitely plays non-pro tour tournaments every year.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but you got to imagine Juliana Korver's prize money the last couple of years blows away what she was making when she was winning multiple worlds.

A quick look shows she won:
$13,968 in 2021
$15,114 in 2022
Her career total = is about $113K.

Last edited:
I haven't looked at the numbers, but you got to imagine Juliana Korver's prize money the last couple of years blows away what she was making when she was winning multiple worlds.

A quick look shows she won:
$13,968 in 2021
$15,114 in 2022
Her career total = is about $113K.

Those would be her 2 biggest years. In 2001 and 2002 she was around the $12k mark.

Those would be her 2 biggest years. In 2001 and 2002 she was around the $12k mark.

Inflation calculator tells me 12,000 in 2002 is 20,000 now, though. Gas was a lot cheaper, like hovering $1.50. Rent was significantly cheaper. Hotels too, for traveling.

Inflation calculator tells me 12,000 in 2002 is 20,000 now, though. Gas was a lot cheaper, like hovering $1.50. Rent was significantly cheaper. Hotels too, for traveling.

Valid point. But don't forget, she was winning tournaments back in 2012. She's not visiting the podium today.

Pots in general, and FPO pots in particular, represent much more in terms of actual buying power, than ever before.

What happend to Pauls Course? Didnt he build a course at his home, but now he has moved.

Or did i get that wrong?

I was wondering about this too.

He was on Smashboxx last night and briefly talked about moving to Florida. I was surprised Terry didn't ask if he still had the property in Virginia and the course. He also did say he was doing the interview in Virginia and were gonna be there for Thanksgiving. Hannah's family is there and he also said his brother is still living there.

What happend to Pauls Course? Didnt he build a course at his home, but now he has moved.

Or did i get that wrong?

I was wondering about this too.

He was on Smashboxx last night and briefly talked about moving to Florida. I was surprised Terry didn't ask if he still had the property in Virginia and the course. He also did say he was doing the interview in Virginia and were gonna be there for Thanksgiving. Hannah's family is there and he also said his brother is still living there.

Youtube popped up the video from when he was designing the course, so I was wondering the same thing.

I'm not sure on exact stakes of ownership or current team members, though I know all of the guys. What I can say is that they are a good group to work with, and have already had a much greater impact locally than Mcbeth, or Foundation, did or do. Stand up guys, and I've been impressed with the Discura products that I've had experience with. They poured money, time, and labor into Goliath, along with Mcbeths father in law who is basically a live in greenskeeper. While the course design isn't really compelling (this was largely if not entirely Paul), the effort and execution of the work is impressive. Good community involvement, and while I know it is marketable, it doesn't have the same self-advancing feel as some other groups.

This is from Discura's About Us web page - it shows the 3 owners and their roles.

Not that it matters in the least, but I'm confident those are at best minority holders. There are others, or certainly were, recently, with more of a controlling stake. I'm not privy to the inner workings, but am pretty good friends with that crew. Carry on.

So long story short someone else took it over but it's in good hands?

Latest posts