• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth goes to discraft.

Can you explain why you are annoyed?

Yeah, I could, but it's not worth the time. I was just venting an opinion, which in reality means very little. Besides, I don't want to give Dicerdoo any more sarcastic response ammo. :p

I'll back out of all of this sponsorship crap and continue throwing my game.

Robert Leonard. He's dedicated a lot of his life to growing the sport. He just doesn't represent himself well here. He comes off intolerably arrogant. After enduring a lot of grief from a lot of people (myself included), he rage quit years ago in epic fashion after someone changed his title to "I think I'm important", and Tim wouldn't change it back for free just because his feelings were hurt.

He's back now and is much more reserved than in the past, but he was back to his old ways around the time McBeth-mania was reaching its peak. Being sponsored by Discraft, he knew before most and smugly held it over people's heads like a bratty little brother.

If you want a good laugh, followed by many facepalms, check out his rage quit in the landfill.

He's also NC's PDGA state representative I believe. He's actually been on good behavior for MTL standards.

Proof/pudding
Was at my local pro shop today, scouting out new purchases.
I eyeball the row of Zombees & the owner tells me they have been selling pretty well lately.
Hmmmmmmm......

I'm glad to hear that. It's a fantastic mold for most players. I think McBeth would do really well with a Stalker instead of a Zombee because of his power. The Stalker can handle a pro level BH.

I don't always bag my Zombee but there are certain courses where it's perfect. My Stalker will flip to flat but always gives me that hyzer finish where the Zombee will just land flat.

He's also NC's PDGA state representative I believe. He's actually been on good behavior for MTL standards.

And is the disciplinary committee head for the PDGA, I think. I agree about his behavior for the most part. I just can't help but hate on him.

I wonder if Paul can convince discraft to finally use flight numbers 😏

I asked him what he thought about flight numbers, and he says he doesn't pay attention to them other than speed. Otherwise he watches how discs fly for others or just throws them for himself to make his own judgement. Flight numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

I asked him what he thought about flight numbers, and he says he doesn't pay attention to them other than speed. Otherwise he watches how discs fly for others or just throws them for himself to make his own judgement. Flight numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

He's kinda like an expert at disc golf ya know. Flight numbers are a pretty good starting point for the less experienced player.

He's kinda like an expert at disc golf ya know. Flight numbers are a pretty good starting point for the less experienced player.

Which is why I said he doesn't care about them... Besides, I think people get flight numbers in their head too much and don't just trust their own experience with discs.

Always felt flight numbers to be really subjective and never understood why people get so caught up in them. Plus with websites that speculate flight patterns and numbers like InfiniteDiscs, it takes a few seconds to see how a disc/mold "should" fly under the right conditions.

I've noticed discraft stuff has been leaving the shelves at the local shop a lot lately, and the used bin for Innova has been piling up. They always had Buzzz's, Challengers, Comets and Cranks in stock so I usually go there to buy, last time I was in stock was pretty thin. I think Discraft will turn up the heat on sales and molds/stamps etc after signing some big names. How could they not? Not sure if disc golf will ever be their bread and butter over Ultimate, but this is definitely going in the right direction.

i hope with the McBeth move, renewed social media and new plastics Discraft gets some well deserved love in my area. i throw a mixed bag because i throw what is best for me and my style. Discraft, Innova,Vibram and Discmania all have a place in my bag.i even used a lightweight Lightning #1 Hyzer as a utility disc for years before replacing it with a Discraft Z Flick 150 (High Performance). i am just sick of people's brand loyalty when it turns to "i hate (insert manufacturer) discs".

here's hoping the 2019 season opens some peoples eyes.

Has anyone tried that new luna? is it any good?

Threw it a couple times at a putting league. Shrug, flies nice enough. Might be an option for a throwing/upshot putter, but I have that part of the bag pretty well set. I am a soft putter fan, so the plastic is not for me, as a main putter. Besides, I have been using a Soft Magnet for 20+ years, I am convinced there is no magic in a new putter.

I did notice, from three or so guys using it in putting league, that it rolls all over the place. If this disc hit a wall, cage, nub, chains....it rolled. Not sure how this translates into real play, but it was odd.

I found these new offerings on the Innova factory store very interesting:
I-Dye Champion Thunderbird Factory Second
I-Dye Champion Roc3 Factory Second

I think we just found out how Innova will be moving some of their Paul McBeth product without Paul's name being obvious, and without Paul getting much additional income after leaving. I wonder how they'll get rid of the Destroyers and Novas. What else am I missing?

The Destroyers are probably already all out if Infinite alone sold 600+ in one day after the announcement. Don't think they ever made as many Novas, so they might be out, too.

I found these new offerings on the Innova factory store very interesting:
I-Dye Champion Thunderbird Factory Second
I-Dye Champion Roc3 Factory Second

I think we just found out how Innova will be moving some of their Paul McBeth product without Paul's name being obvious, and without Paul getting much additional income after leaving. I wonder how they'll get rid of the Destroyers and Novas. What else am I missing?

They could have at least tried to change their caption 😂

Latest posts