• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth Signature Disc

I agree about the F2 stamp on these, but you can take off what you want if you are careful. i left the blue box just to keep it unique.
great question.

that F2 stamp is horrible btw, completely ruins the regular stamp.

Attachments

• IMG_20121007_201302.jpg
    IMG_20121007_201302.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 136
I played a round and had dinner with with Paul and Brittany about six weeks ago, when he was still trying to decide which of the four Innova discs would be his signature disc. He was leaning toward the Roc (which he described as Buzzz-like), but he also had the option of some type of Dominator, something I can't remember, and--get this--a "Super Boss." He let me check 'em all out at dinner--I didn't throw them--but the Super Boss had a strange dome to it, and the rim seemed thicker than a regular Boss. The dome wasn't the whole flight plate, though, just in a doughnut shape (the center not domed, for lack of a better description.

I played a round and had dinner with with Paul and Brittany about six weeks ago, when he was still trying to decide which of the four Innova discs would be his signature disc. He was leaning toward the Roc (which he described as Buzzz-like), but he also had the option of some type of Dominator, something I can't remember, and--get this--a "Super Boss." He let me check 'em all out at dinner--I didn't throw them--but the Super Boss had a strange dome to it, and the rim seemed thicker than a regular Boss. The dome wasn't the whole flight plate, though, just in a doughnut shape (the center not domed, for lack of a better description.

I have a pic of it from that night, if you wanna post it, ill message it to you, cant host it on my phone without it being a pain

I believe it was actually described as a modfied dominator. But it was funky lookin. Weird bubble dome, more than a usual pop top, he said that one was understable.

I bit the bullet and bought one of the F2s off of Dynamic Discs in my childish needy-state. Got an orange one yesterday, 179. I have hesitation to throw it as I already am getting pretty attached to the KC Pro Flattops I squirrel nested before I heard about these things coming out. From comparison to my Rancho 2009 USDGC one, its definitely the flattest thing I've seen, almost looks like a zipper top oddly enough. Compared to my KC pro flat tops, its parting line is slightly lower. So without tossing it around (lame I know), I'm estimating that it will probably fly quite true to its flight numbers. For comparison, I put my crystal z buzz in my hand with the PBR (like that? Paul mcBeth Roc) and as previously stated, they are very, very similar plastic feels (which is awesome IMO). The only crappy part was the F2 had not just a little specle of foil screwed up but the rim looks chewed from poor finishing. Shouldn't affect the flight much, but still looks like hell.

Just waiting to see if these are going to come out production or not to let this one rip!

If these fly anything like the Flat KC's I got, the Buzzz-loyalists are going to have a hard time denying this disc.

I bit the bullet and bought one of the F2s off of Dynamic Discs in my childish needy-state. Got an orange one yesterday, 179. I have hesitation to throw it as I already am getting pretty attached to the KC Pro Flattops I squirrel nested before I heard about these things coming out. From comparison to my Rancho 2009 USDGC one, its definitely the flattest thing I've seen, almost looks like a zipper top oddly enough. Compared to my KC pro flat tops, its parting line is slightly lower. So without tossing it around (lame I know), I'm estimating that it will probably fly quite true to its flight numbers. For comparison, I put my crystal z buzz in my hand with the PBR (like that? Paul mcBeth Roc) and as previously stated, they are very, very similar plastic feels (which is awesome IMO). The only crappy part was the F2 had not just a little specle of foil screwed up but the rim looks chewed from poor finishing. Shouldn't affect the flight much, but still looks like hell.

Just waiting to see if these are going to come out production or not to let this one rip!

If these fly anything like the Flat KC's I got, the Buzzz-loyalists are going to have a hard time denying this disc.

Dx/kc flat tops already fly like buzzz's, if buzzz lovers wanted to throw a roc that flies like a buzzz they could. Im not thinking this disc is gonna change their loyalty for the most part.

Buzzzes are much more readily found than Flat Top Rocs. So that's not completely accurate.

The only crappy part was the F2 had not just a little specle of foil screwed up but the rim looks chewed from poor finishing. Shouldn't affect the flight much, but still looks like hell.

All the ones that I got (8 from the USDGC Pro Shop) had some knarly finish on the parting line.

All I can tell you is that I was told that they would be go into distribution in November.
Based on what I was told and who told me, I sold all my F2 "PBR's", except for one. And I'm thinking of selling that last one.
I say, let 'er rip!!

You can find flat top rocs a bunch of places these days. Had a discussion with Lars from LSDiscs about it a few months ago. He basically said that most of the retailers didn't realize that they were capable of ordering flat top rocs until recently but, now that they do, they just call up, ask for flat tops, and they get them. They're still CFR/TFR discs, but they're pretty common.

I haven't seen a single tournament stamped roc this year... Been to a dozen tourneys... It's all been discraft, blizzard garbage or warp speed.

I take that back, CCO had some rocs

I haven't seen a single tournament stamped roc this year... Been to a dozen tourneys... It's all been discraft, blizzard garbage or warp speed.

I take that back, CCO had some rocs

How does this mean that theyre hard to find?

Normally the people putting the tournament together would choose whether or not they wanted FTR's as tfr discs, seems like you went to a bunch that didnt

How does this mean that theyre hard to find?

Normally the people putting the tournament together would choose whether or not they wanted FTR's as tfr discs, seems like you went to a bunch that didnt

I was posting my experience, not arguing with you.

Dx/kc flat tops already fly like buzzz's, if buzzz lovers wanted to throw a roc that flies like a buzzz they could. Im not thinking this disc is gonna change their loyalty for the most part.

Very true. I will never throw a roc again. Not because I dislike the roc, but because the Buzzz is better for me. Maybe if I get sponsored, ill throw rocs, but that won't be happening anytime soon lol. One disc isn't gonna take me away from my nice Bar Stamp Buzzz's.

Latest posts