• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth signs 10 year, $10 000 000 contract with Discraft

wims

Double Eagle Member
Paul McBeth have apparently signed a 10 year contract with Discraft that is supposed to be worth 10 million for him according to this video that was just put out by Discraft

Last edited:
BTW, what's the deal with people calling him Pablo, is that his real name or is it just a nickname?

Congratulations to Paulie! That explains the cryptic post at lunch this past summer and the Mclaren purchase.

Also good for discraft to see into the future and invest in machinery. If you can't produce enough product the customers will go elsewhere.

Paul or Pablo has Mexican heritage on both sides of his family. The family members that speak in the video are clearly Latino, and I'm pretty sure he grew up in a Latino neighborhood. No idea which is his legal name but Pablo is the Spanish form of Paul...

This is mindblowing. This is the biggest watershed moment for the sport since Avery Jenkins and Dave Feldberg went to college.

Congratulations to McBeth, and hopefully this means big things for all pros and the growth of the sport as a whole.

If you haven't done so yet, listen to McBeth's interview on Brian Earhart's podcast "The Flight Diary". Every interview Brian does is great, but Paul's is incredible. It's a two-parter and gives great insight about his history and how he became the juggernaut he is today.

BTW, what's the deal with people calling him Pablo, is that his real name or is it just a nickname?

Well since his grandfather and uncle have the last name Flores it seems to derive from his hispanic back ground. But that's just my guess.

Yes, his whole family is Mexican based on what he says in his interview with Brian Earhart on The Flight Diary podcast. It is a really good almost 2.5 hour long interview over two episodes of the podcast if you have some time to listen to it.

i was interested then saw it was 13 min

ill take your word for it that its true

damm

Cool video. Cool to see his roots in this kind of video. The contract is insane. A little over a year ago we thought 4 year, $1 M was big. Cool for all parties to realize this is real, and lucrative.

Crazy to know we've all been watching this kid for over a decade and now he is the face of our sport, making professional sport athlete money. Fun stuff.

Furthermore he'll probably ONLY play NT and DGPT events from here on out if I had to guess. He never has to play a tournament for the money again. While it's still a full year, doing NT and DGPT only is not the same touring lifestyle as hitting smaller tournaments to fill in the off weekends. That's behind him. ALSO he can just fly anywhere now for the rest of his career.

I'm interested to see exactly how this impacts his touring regimen.

Wonder if Ricky is on the phone right now with Innova...

Seriously though, good for him and disc golf. Now, has this sport really changed so much in 3 years that the best player (many think so, I do for one) in the game today is now worth 4-5 times as much? I think every putt now has 10x more pressure on it than it did before...I know he thrives on pressure but sheesh...

True, but why would you fly if you can drive your McLaren? ;)

Aw, c'mon Monty. Have you ever driven one of those things from Seattle to Spokane? It's a chore, trust me. Or that slog down to Portland...fuggit about it. That's why we 880-rated and above players have our own Leer jets with a limo waiting at the airport. Pfft!!