• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pay to play

I wouldn't. But only because there aren't any courses that I play enough to offset the cost. Season passes are really just a means of providing savings for frequent players. Say the course costs $5 per round. If you don't play that course 20 times in the year, it's not worth buying a season pass.

I would use it enough to justify the costs, but my course is a shared public park so no.
If it was a disc golf only park then yes.

I was asking because the Three Rivers Park District that runs 3 courses in MN charged $35 last year and I thought that was a steal.....

What do other people pay for season passes?

what is a season? i can play all year here. and i second that it would need to cover all the parks in an area.

and if that is the case that they go to pay to play then so should the play grounds and baseball fields adjacent to them.

i would think only private courses would be pay to play. like if i had a bunch of land, made a course in it, and allowed people to play on it for $5 to cover my investment costs and maintenance.

$100 is cheap for a season pass in Maine. All courses are pay to play and range from $5 to $10 a day. The few courses that do offer season passes usually ask $200 to $250. None of those are close enough to me to spend it.

The question is dependent on what other courses are around. If it's not the only course around, or the only good one, $100 might be a bit much. If it's the best thing available then, $5 per round, if I'd play 20 or more rounds a year, then probably $100 would be fine.

No. There are far too many courses in my area for me to justify paying. The one course in the area that's a pay to play isn't really worth the $10 they charge, IMO.

No way. Not for the quality of the courses we have here, and certainly not for an already-established course. If we had a really nice one and the pass monies were to be used for legitimate needs like landscaping/maintenance/property usage, then I'd consider it. $100 is still pretty steep, even for a year.

if there was an amazing disc golf facility in town, I would definitely consider it... instead of wasting 2 hrs of driving/gas/car maint.

Here in the Chicago area (aka mecca of crappy 9 hole courses) I would pay $100 for a season pass IF there was a course around here that was worth the price tag.

Right now, I have to cross the cheddar curtain for a course worthy of a Pay to Play policy...Grey Fox in Silver Lake, WI. It's a 25-30 minute drive...not exactly close enough to consider it to be my home course.

After renovations are complete at my home course, it may very well be worthy of a $100 (or more) season pass. I have no idea whether or not the Park District is considering it, but Fairfield Park is long overdue for an update and I can't wait to see the finished product! :D

$100 is still pretty steep, even for a year.

LMAO.....go find any other sport and see what it costs you for a year of play. My volleyball league cost more than this for only 4 months of play. See what a hockey league charges players per season.

So many disc golfers seem to have this impression the sport is and should be free.

I got news for you, disc golf is not cheap or free. If you are playing for free it just means someone else is paying for the maintenance and equipment.

$100 / 12 months = $8.33 per month. That is a steal.

Standing Rocks is $25 for the season. I had a season pass at Token Creek/ Vallarta when I lived in Madison for $45. Both were well worth it.

If it was an awesome course and the only one around for 30-40 minutes then yes, but in most scenerios I would say no.
If I lived in Virginia I would gladly pay $100 for a season pass for Blockhouse.

My home course is at a recreation area. It's $10-12 a car per day or $100 a year. I think the course it worth the price and my family uses the other areas several times a month.

My home course is at a recreation area. It's $10-12 a car per day or $100 a year. I think the course it worth the price and my family uses the other areas several times a month.

Is that Coyote point Zenny? Only course I have played in SoCal and most definitely worth $100 per year

I think there would be a very different attitudes if all courses were pay to play. Right now there is still the "DG is free" attitude pervasive to the sport

Latest posts