• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paying it forward

mk.ultra

Birdie Member
So last week I went on a 5-day bike ride and on day 2 my bike broke down. I had to hitchhike and meet my brother and his friends in the next town (~20 minute drive). Anyways through the kindness of a stranger, Todd the logger, I got a ride for free. He turned down my $20 tip and simply said "pay it forward." The next night I was messing around on my phone and a random forum member said he'd send me a teebird for no apparent reason.

Let's keep this train rolling! I don't have many discs but I can spare a few. Please tell me why you would actually like to throw these discs and give me faith they will not just be put into storage:

Innova Champion Tie Dye Starfire 5/10 beat to hell
Discraft Z Buzzz 7/10
Latitude 64 Opto Saint 9/10

The winner will get all 3 discs! I'll choose in a couple days. Whoever wins, please remember to pay it forward in some way, shape or form.

I will give all three of them away to newbs, and I'll continue to maintain my home course regardless of you choosing me or not.

Might throw the Starfire for sh!ts but if that's a technical failure of your requirements I understand

Last edited:
I just bought and lost an Opto Saint in the first round I played with it. Didnt have my name/number on it yet :( I did, however, find 2 discs in that round. I got in contact with both owners and we're working out getting them back to them.

One of the discs is a nearly brand new M4 that was lost by a guy who lives almost 4 hours from whefre he lost it. Luckily Ill be playing a tournament at his local course that he helps organize later this year.

I would pass along the Buzzz as I already have one that I bag.

The Starfire I may throw to see if I can use it, but if not, my gf plays and shes a beginner. She likes anything she can turn over.

Appreciate the consideration!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think it's a great thing you're doing! I already have a Buzzz and Saint that are two of my favorite discs; so I don't want/need. Hopefully, someone new to the sport who could benefit from either of these great discs gets them.

Just give them to a new player! I know 6+ newer guys who would use them.

not sure this is how you pay it forward. i think this is paying it sideways.

i'm open to donations :D

idk if i could pay much forward in the disc gold world, but i love helping people

I just bought and lost an Opto Saint in the first round I played with it. Didnt have my name/number on it yet :( I did, however, find 2 discs in that round. I got in contact with both owners and we're working out getting them back to them.

One of the discs is a nearly brand new M4 that was lost by a guy who lives almost 4 hours from whefre he lost it. Luckily Ill be playing a tournament at his local course that he helps organize later this year.

I would pass along the Buzzz as I already have one that I bag.

The Starfire I may throw to see if I can use it, but if not, my gf plays and shes a beginner. She likes anything she can turn over.

Appreciate the consideration!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'll send you the Saint! PM'd

I'm voting give it to some one disc wonder you see on the course.

Good call. I'll give the Buzzz and Starfire to some strangers on course, that'll be fun :)

not sure this is how you pay it forward. i think this is paying it sideways.

What do you mean? I realize that "paying it forward" really means doing a kind, selfless act for someone else, not necessarily just giving things away. But in this case I wanted to get rid of some extra discs anyways so why not? Discs are relatively cheap and I'm honestly really surprised we don't see more disc giveaways on the forum.

I think what he is saying is that "paying it forward" is doing an unprovoked act of kindness. You are responding to someone hooking you up at random, by hooking someone else up. Still a kind gesture.

I think what he is saying is that "paying it forward" is doing an unprovoked act of kindness. You are responding to someone hooking you up at random, by hooking someone else up. Still a kind gesture.

Nah, he's passing on the good deed instead of repaying the person who deeded him. In turn the next person should hook or help someone else.

Disc giveaways do happen on this forum, they just aren't always broadcast. I posted in the lid lovers thread several times about the polecat. Next thing I know, a random guy offers me a polecat. I in turn offered him something he didn't have. Later, after realizing lids aren't for me, I passed on that polecat to someone else.

Ahhhhha. It was my understanding pay it forward was a single act of giving, but it's actually more a chain reaction thing. Thanks for clearing that up, guys.

Latest posts