• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PCS Open 2023

nice start from Eveliina. her drives are SOO pure. . putting looked better, feels like she has a little more of a flat release out of her hand on those 5-10m putt. . the really short ones are still way to much hyzer.

Sad news about Paige. .how do you brake your leg so badly from slipping? did she fall of the bridge or got stuck?

My wife broke her ankle in three places slipping on her parents' icy driveway a few years ago. She didn't even fall until after it happened. Her foot slipped out a foot or so forward, got traction, and her ankle went boom. Then she collapsed screaming with her foot twisted more than 90 degrees sideways. I thought she broke both lower leg bones; not sure if that would have been better or worse. Crazy **** happens.

Player interviews during stops in play and intermissions are pretty standard in most sports.

I guess I just havent seen it that often myself. And that wasnt a break in play or anything. Dude has thrown his drive and is walking to his disc. Now hes got to answer questions. "... Okay looks like your up, Imma let you throw your approach now good luck my man" You couldnt have done that soundbite prior to starting the round?

...and suck in all of them. Sideline reporter has to be one of the most useless jobs that exists.

It's not the reporter that sucks, it's the generic, cliche answers the players always give.

Reporter: "What are you going to do to pull out the win?"
Player: I'm just going to play my game, stay patient, do my best, etc...

I think everyone probably knows what I'm talking about.

Are carts allowed on the PCS course?
I know the American players are probably not going to try packing their cart across the ocean, but I didn't see anybody using one.

Kristen is just destroying the lead card. . or the other players on the lead card is imploding

Kristen is just destroying the lead card. . or the other players on the lead card is imploding

Looks like a little of one, and a lot of the other

Lots of orange and dark orange on her competitors cards

Looks like Henna took an 11 on a par 5.... hope it wasnt another absolute putting meltdown

From Reddit, here's the bridge Paige slipped on. While it is, technically, a bridge… wasn't as scenic as I pictured in my head. Can definitely understand slipping on a wet wooden arch.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 74
Nice round from Ida Emilie Nesse, she played 102 points over her rating!!

She must be one of the youngest players on a final day lead card for an DGPT ELITE tournament? ( she just turned 15 )
Must also be one of the lowest rated players on a final day leadcard? (874)

And 4 different nationalities on that lead card

Last edited:
From Reddit, here's the bridge Paige slipped on. While it is, technically, a bridge… wasn't as scenic as I pictured in my head. Can definitely understand slipping on a wet wooden arch.

attachment.php

I wonder how long that thing was in place prior to the accident. Seems like someone should have known it was an assbuster the first time it got wet. Shingles are my solution to the issue.

At Borås where the Swedish Open was 2 weeks ago they have a lot of short wooden bridges and stairs, but they're all covered with woven metal nets, like in chain link fences just smaller. It gives great traction in the wet and I often thought about how I would NOT want to be walking over these bridges/stairs in wet conditions with no net.

At Borås where the Swedish Open was 2 weeks ago they have a lot of short wooden bridges and stairs, but they're all covered with woven metal nets, like in chain link fences just smaller. It gives great traction in the wet and I often thought about how I would NOT want to be walking over these bridges/stairs in wet conditions with no net.

Yep, my course (Hawk Hollow) has a bunch of wooden bridges as well. All are flat but the wood is still slick as ice when wet. A friend came up with the idea of stapling shingles down on them and it works great.

Looks like Henna took an 11 on a par 5.... hope it wasnt another absolute putting meltdown
She wasn't the only one with a huge number on that hole; two more 11's, a 10, two 9's, and three 7's. I bet the collective fpo field is ready to blow that hole up - like dynamite it.

She wasn't the only one with a huge number on that hole; two more 11's, a 10, two 9's, and three 7's. I bet the collective fpo field is ready to blow that hole up - like dynamite it.

Eveliina had an Eagle on that hole in round 1. . .so a HUGE scoring spread 3-11!!

MPO plays the same hole with a lower par and Tristan Tanner took a 12 on it in r1 (and a 3 in r2). They had another 12 people take 7-9s. So far in r2 there have been 19 people taking 7-8s in MPO.

I think it's a pretty good hole but maybe needs a few (and I mean a few) trees removed to lessen the random element.

Latest posts