• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA # 50,000

I am surprised by how many new members are from overseas.
Great for the sport for it to be gaining traction internationally.

I noticed someone had a PDGA mini that doesn't have their PDGA # on it... guess they got away from that. Glad I joined while they were still printing our PDGA # on them. I like having my very own 48454 mini... it's the only mini I ever use.

Welcome. :hfive:

I noticed someone had a PDGA mini that doesn't have their PDGA # on it... guess they got away from that. Glad I joined while they were still printing our PDGA # on them. I like having my very own 48454 mini... it's the only mini I ever use.

Thanks. It's a great community and it's way past time to literally pay my dues. Not a huge tourney player, but maybe it's time to start. I see new-ish players jumping in and competing, maybe join the action but mostly needed a number already.

Darn, was looking forward to a number mini as I've seen, oh well I guess I'll just need a tattoo to remember instead.

You are currently the highest number listed on the PDGA's player search page. Must have been the last one in when they last processed memberships.

i paid and got an email about 5 minutes later with the number. no package for a few weeks i'm sure.

I'm sure it's a volume thing regarding the minis. Not just volume with membership but volume with the manufacturers that made the minis. Obviously, each number would require a new set-up for the stamp so it's probably time consuming. I imagine Innova and Discraft do a whole lot more custom stamping than they did when they were helping produce the individualized minis.

The numbers on my personalized PDGA mini were put on with some type of vinyl stickers. I had friend that joined at same time and they used their mini and lost a couple of the vinyl numbers. My mini looks like this one. I joined the PDGA in late 1996.

Still have mine.

picture.php

The numbers on my personalized PDGA mini were put on with some type of vinyl stickers. I had friend that joined at same time and they used their mini and lost a couple of the vinyl numbers. My mini looks like this one. I joined the PDGA in late 1996.

I quit using mine when the numbers started peeling off.

You know what - I think when I get my mini I'll take some measurements and have the "plotter guy" cut me some green (or blue?) numbers to place on the mini. New old school if there's no numbers on there. Thanks for the post!

75,000 will probably be acheived today!

Just signed my kids up...
74987 Payton
74988 Hannah
74989 Dylan

Recieved #'s just mins from signing them up. Was gonna wait till lunch time but wanted their #'s close to each other.

Good luck whomever gets 75,000

I believe someone has 75000 reserved

Not sure.

I know when I was waiting out for #50,000 I called PDGA only to find out it was reserved. I asked them then if I could reserve a # too but they told me they stopped doing that earlier in 2012 I believe. I ended up just waiting until OCT 1 to get the extra 3 months for the year. I ended up with #50472 which I forget half the time :doh:

Yep. Mine was 12120---if you'd turned around in line, you might have seen me---and I used it for a long time. When the first "1" fell off, it started getting me a whole lot of respect.

I just ran my kids through- 74997 and 74999

:hfive:

Got them the Junior level memberships
Saved $5 with Payton using our $5 club discount (Cost $25 and change)
Saved $10 each with Hannah and Dylan using the $5 club discount and the $5 no-magazine option. (Cost $20 and change each)

Gotta start 'em early :D

Latest posts