• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] pdga aproves prodigy mids?

Thanks for the review Tim. I wonder how some people got M4's? The majority seems to have gotten M1's and M3's. I don't believe they are mislabeled. The profile pic of the M4 in this thread, has a noticeably different wing than my M3. Now I want a M4 to try. Too many new discs at one time!:wall:

The M1 is between a really beefy Roc and a Gator for me (I've never thrown a Drone). If you power it up, it's nice and straight with a healthy fade. If you throw it powered down, it's pretty overstable. Surprisingly good glide despite the overstable tendencies

Threw my M-1 for the first time today and it flew exactly like Tim's description. Had 15-20mph winds I was testing it in and it went dead straight with very good fade. Very comfortable to FH as well.

Probably keeping my Gator in the bag just a little longer as a comfort thing, but I think the M-1 will fill my overstable midrange slot going forward.

M3 = beefy Roc3 / wasp for me. flew straight enough, but plenty of fade at the end. feels good in hand like a cryztal buzzz, but I found it noticably more stable. esp at the LSS end of the flight. I really like it FH though. had 3 flicks with them just past 250' to the target basket. no rollover and perfect skid/fade back towards target. video should be up in an hour or two.

M3 = beefy Roc3 / wasp for me. flew straight enough, but plenty of fade at the end. feels good in hand like a cryztal buzzz, but I found it noticably more stable. esp at the LSS end of the flight. I really like it FH though. had 3 flicks with them just past 250' to the target basket. no rollover and perfect skid/fade back towards target. video should be up in an hour or two.

I would say the M3 is more like a faster wasp IMO.....Although I think the M3 has more glide than a wasp, but the differences are subtle.

The M1 feels and flys like a beat drone.....

nothing earth shattering......but the plastic is pretty sweet! I'm definitely looking forward to the feel in warm weather though.

profile pics of the two newest

IMG_1303_zps92182cf5.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1304_zps097b7b92.jpg
[/IMG]

The m3 looks kinda sharkish. Maybe the m3 has a bit more rounded/less blunt nose which no doubt gives it more speed, but the bottom is sharkish.

The m3 looks kinda sharkish. Maybe the m3 has a bit more rounded/less blunt nose which no doubt gives it more speed, but the bottom is sharkish.

fair comparison flight wise too

Huh. Ive been heeding up my mid-range selection as of late what will the great new discs coming out....but I'm lacking a seriously overstable mid. Perhaps the M1 could be what I'm looking for?

Right now I have my Roc3 for straight shots with fade or hyzers, Ibex for straight sit and stick shots and the Tangent for everything else (love that disc) to include, but not limited to, huge turnovers, left doglegs, straight touch shots and sweeping anhyzers. I normally don't carry many mids, but do y'all think the M1 would compliment these, or would there be uneccesarry overlap with the Roc3?

Okay. Think I'll pass on it, then. Roc3 fights the wind just fine for me.

So a disc is not as OS as a different disc, both of which are more OS than your current disc which youre trying to find an OS compliment for, so you get neither? Lol.

Fwiw, i disagree with skinny i think its beffier than a gator its faster and has more glide making it seem less os imo.

FWIW... I've thrown my 180 g m1 in some 25 mph gusty head wind. It really held up as it stayed straight and had a healthy hyzer finish. I used it to get out of trouble on a few flick shots and it held up with my terrible form. I would agree it is not as os as a gator but still pretty os. Love the plastic as it is a little gummy with great grip.

^^ Andy. It's stable, but M1 is not seriously overstable. Def less than gator

I would compare that M1 to the Roc's of Old. Like a good brand new max weight 10x Roc. But thats just my initial feeling. Haven't had much of a chance to really try the disc out. Hopefully tomorrow theres no freak random white out.

So a disc is not as OS as a different disc, both of which are more OS than your current disc which youre trying to find an OS compliment for, so you get neither? Lol.

Fwiw, i disagree with skinny i think its beffier than a gator its faster and has more glide making it seem less os imo.

it does glide farther than i expected, and farther than the zone. i hadnt' thought about that adding to my impression.

I picked up a 178 marble white m3 this weekend after a tournament and threw it about five or six times and I was rather disappointed at how overstable it was... It took a lot of power for me to get it to go straight and it fell off pretty hard at the end with a lot of fade.. if the m4 is supposed to be a meteor and the m1 is flying less overstable than a gator, then isn't that a lot of the same stability to cram into 3 discs? Idk maybe I wasn't throwing it right and I was pretty gassed after the tournament, perhaps when it warms up some more and I throw it a bit more it'll hold the lone a little longer, cuz as of now its just a wasp/ roc that I can really smash and not worry about it turning over.. not really what I was looking for, cuz let's be honest, the last thing the market needs is more wasp/roc clones. But I will stand by the plastic because its the best grip I've had on a disc since CE