• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Asks Golfers to not play courses...

I saw this on the course yesterday. Probably from the guy whose disc I found. :sick:

attachment.php

I like it. It'll wash/get worn away but if it gets even one person to wash their hands after the round, it did some good ..and it cost squat to do it.

I'd like to know what the pdga is doing with player's membership fees as this shutdown continues? Prorated refunds? Sorry if this has already been addressed.

I went out to do field work today at the 9-holer near me. Was going to use one of the pads, but endless groups of chuckers were all over the course. Had one group of 4 college kids, immediately followed by another group of 3. Moved to an unused field by the last hole and saw another group, one of whom was coughing before he putted out. I think I'm going to avoid courses altogether for a few days.

I'd like to know what the pdga is doing with player's membership fees as this shutdown continues? Prorated refunds? Sorry if this has already been addressed.

I honestly don't care. The health and welfare of my family, friends and even the general population, seems to dwarf my concern for a 12 dollar rebate on my PDGA membership.

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm intrigued. Do you think you deserve a prorated refund? If so, why?

Do you think players aren't entitled to one? Do you think the PDGA should still be accepting membership fees while they're shut down?

I'm still paying school taxes---a bit more than $50---and the schools are locked tight. But I presume they'll still be there when this passes.

Apparently the PDGA is not taking my advice, which was to give pro-rated refunds to those who demanded them, and publish the names so we'd know just who are that sort of people.

Now, if they were continuing business as usual during this crisis, it would give me pause about continuing to support such an irresponsible organization.

Do you think players aren't entitled to one? Do you think the PDGA should still be accepting membership fees while they're shut down?

With the world hoping to be back up and running by May, you'll have plenty of time to get 5 tournaments in which will cover your cost of a PDGA membership. So no, I don't think players are entitled to a refund.

If people want to buy a PDGA membership, then the PDGA should accept them. The decision to give money to the PDGA is on the player, not the PDGA.

Now that I've subsequently answered your questions, do you mind answering mine?

Maybe just discount the price of 2020 membership? Charge 75% or even 50% for any new memberships for the rest of the year, and refund the difference to anyone who already registered.

I haven't registered for 2020 yet, but was planning to register before some summer and fall tournaments.

Maybe just discount the price of 2020 membership? Charge 75% or even 50% for any new memberships for the rest of the year, and refund the difference to anyone who already registered.

I haven't registered for 2020 yet, but was planning to register before some summer and fall tournaments.

Assuming the disc golf world is back operating, why would there be any difference in renewal/registering in, say, August, for the last 5 months of the year, this year, as opposed to any other year?

Why would the PDGA do anything before they end the suspension? Are we going back to playing in May, August or November?

No one knows when the suspension will end at this time.

I realize this is a disc golf forum, hence the specific PDGA question. I am not sure if the poster re-asking about the refund is just grinding an ax or not. Given he is not a member....?

There are several disc golf related investments that could be asked the same, if one was inclined to think that they are so personally so important, in times as these.

Park annual passes. I have 2, essentially now going unused. I live 45 min - 90 min from any of these parks, and I am not playing now.

Disc golf annual passes. I have 2, for the same park systems.

My personal investment into other clubs, via player pack purchases on cancelled tournaments.

My personal investment in hole sponsorship, donated to clubs after cancellation.

My clubs financial strife and loss due to cancellation of tournaments and leagues.

Taxes from bond, voted on recently around here. Supporting a park system that has a couple disc golf courses. I may make use of the park to walk or bike, but most of my visitations are over, for now.

Add these tiny, personal, hobbyist interests to the multitude of avenues, that my money is traveling, toward unusable ventures and I could stay busy for months warbling about the injustice. I simply think it is safe to say, we are all paying in the form of sacrifice, in a ton of ways. Maybe we should just embrace the common unfairness and rejoice our collective ability to overcome.

I know, I know...Cum bye ya. But, this is how I am getting a grip on this life altering event. I cannot control the events, I can control what kind of person I am, in response.

I realize this is a disc golf forum, hence the specific PDGA question. I am not sure if the poster re-asking about the refund is just grinding an ax or not. Given he is not a member....?

There are several disc golf related investments that could be asked the same, if one was inclined to think that they are so personally so important, in times as these.

Park annual passes. I have 2, essentially now going unused. I live 45 min - 90 min from any of these parks, and I am not playing now.

Disc golf annual passes. I have 2, for the same park systems.

My personal investment into other clubs, via player pack purchases on cancelled tournaments.

My personal investment in hole sponsorship, donated to clubs after cancellation.

My clubs financial strife and loss due to cancellation of tournaments and leagues.

Taxes from bond, voted on recently around here. Supporting a park system that has a couple disc golf courses. I may make use of the park to walk or bike, but most of my visitations are over, for now.

Add these tiny, personal, hobbyist interests to the multitude of avenues, that my money is traveling, toward unusable ventures and I could stay busy for months warbling about the injustice. I simply think it is safe to say, we are all paying in the form of sacrifice, in a ton of ways. Maybe we should just embrace the common unfairness and rejoice our collective ability to overcome.

I know, I know...Cum bye ya. But, this is how I am getting a grip on this life altering event. I cannot control the events, I can control what kind of person I am, in response.

just curious what is your annual personal income

what about net income for entire household

im not expecting you to disclose that information but point being dg players arent exactly known for their wealth you seem to be better off than most on here and that may impact your stance on this issue

for some people the $50 is like $5000 to them

just curious what is your annual personal income

what about net income for entire household

im not expecting you to disclose that information but point being dg players arent exactly known for their wealth you seem to be better off than most on here and that may impact your stance on this issue

for some people the $50 is like $5000 to them

If people are that strapped for cash, they most likely aren't paying the PDGA for a membership to then go pay more money to play tournaments.

If they are tight on cash and they choose to spend money on non essential things anyway, that's a risk they take and they are liable for it.