• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Discipline

I would say it should probably just be sent to the people at the event. But it doesn't bother me that it is on there. That goes to show you while at a Ladies event, keep the pants up!

There's not much out there funnier than an unexpected bare ass, especially a pasty white one.

Is the apparently unwritten "no mooning" rule going to be in the next edition of the rulebook?

It seems somewhat appropriate.
We must act like professionals at all times, or suffer the consequences.
I appreciate that the PDGA expects professional conduct and penalizes poor behavior.

It comes from the Scottish Royal & Ancients ball golf "curtsey" rules where the golfers wearing kilts were instructed how to properly bend their knees to pick up the ball and avoid "flashing the arse"... :)

I almost think that he is being made an example to show that this kind of behavior is not allowed. You but not see that in golf and should not be seen in disc golf. If we would like to be taken seriously, need we all need to act in a professional manner.

You have to know Zack "the Show" Walker to get it. I think it was more of a "we got you now" from other people who don't like him that made this into a big deal. When brought to the PDGA's attension they had to do something.

He stayed with me last year (before the events in question happend) durring the Alex Clark Memorial tournament (this weekend). Brought down lots of murch from Arizona to sponsor the even, ran the ring of fire and was generaly fun to have. Nothing better than an old guy with a mohawk.

I almost think that he is being made an example to show that this kind of behavior is not allowed. You but not see that in golf and should not be seen in disc golf. If we would like to be taken seriously, need we all need to act in a professional manner.

I agree, although it's easy to forget sometimes when you're having a good time. We need to step up the professionalism especially at tournaments...

having the darn letter online just diminishes everyone involved. why put such idiocy where anyone looking can find it?

I'm just trying to imagine:
1. What would have possessed me to do that
2. What would have kept me from doing that (the apology letter)

But I did get a laugh out of it because decorum is good but not getting too bent out of shape is even better.

I think they are making way to big of a deal out of this. He just mooned a few folks its not like he pulled out his dong and was wagging it about. I think the PDGA should spend more time thinking about ways to promote the sport instead of punishing a member that is active in supporting the sport, its players, and events.

From what I remember during the PDGA broadcast from the USDGC Mace let at least one F-Bomb drop. I find that far more offensive then some one mooning me out of jest. Using their logic shouldn't Mace also be punished?? Essentially they both made momentary lapses in judgement.

I think its funny. Show your ass all you want Zach! You should have written your apology on your ass and sent a pic of it to the PDGA! :p

I'm surprised this is on the pdga website, it dosn't do any good for the image of the association to have that on there. And it says he's on probation untill 2011, I wonder if hes talking legal probation.

It was a Ladies event.......... Why was he there? Spectator? I hope he wasn't event staff.......that would be seriously poor judgement.

All that aside, i'm thinking that most of the women got a chuckle out of it. It's just a couple cheeks.

Seems like it would be better off kept internal, it's not really good publicity to show that your organization has to crack down on mooners at its events.

bwhahahaaha

I think they are making way to big of a deal out of this. He just mooned a few folks its not like he pulled out his dong and was wagging it about. I think the PDGA should spend more time thinking about ways to promote the sport instead of punishing a member that is active in supporting the sport, its players, and events.

From what I remember during the PDGA broadcast from the USDGC Mace let at least one F-Bomb drop. I find that far more offensive then some one mooning me out of jest. Using their logic shouldn't Mace also be punished?? Essentially they both made momentary lapses in judgement.

I think its funny. Show your ass all you want Zach! You should have written your apology on your ass and sent a pic of it to the PDGA! :p

Except MACe isnt even a PDGA member anymore ;)

Zach is friggin hilarious and his cool points have gone way up in my book.

A friend of mine sent me an email he had to send to the PDGA about 8 yrs ago where he had to apologize for breaking up offensive plant materials between rounds. The letter was full of euphemisms about the forbidden herb. I wish that letter would have been posted on the website for all to read.....

Latest posts