• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Discipline

Mooning is not sexual harassment, even if it is defined by the law as such. People need to lighten up. I think the worst thing he did was possibly ruin someone's nice picture, and I think the apology letter was classy and sincere.

Mooning is a sex offense as defined by the law, as my former teammate found out. It is a dumb law. The letter of apology was probably required if he wanted to play again in the PDGA, and whether its classy and sincere is debatable although it's well written.

I cant believe **** like this is even "news" worthy.

We need to take the skirt off of society damnit.

Mooning is a sex offense as defined by the law, as my former teammate found out. It is a dumb law. The letter of apology was probably required if he wanted to play again in the PDGA, and whether its classy and sincere is debatable although it's well written.

Hey, like it or not, but the law is the law...and offensive behavior should not be tolerated, under any circumstance really. I mean, come on, this is a grown man acting this way? I intentionally referred to him as a kid, because while I can understand blowing off a high school kid doing this, a grown man who feels the need to bare himself publicly probably has some deep seated sexual deviations that could manifest themself in a dangerous way for society. He should be cited and charged:)

As I said, I wouldn't want this type of person at an event that I was sponsoring or managing...professionals of all walks of life should act as such. You think if this was a company picnic, that dude would have kept his job?

The PDGA should publish an apology letter for spelling Zach's name Zack. :)

Hey, like it or not, but the law is the law...and offensive behavior should not be tolerated, under any circumstance really. I mean, come on, this is a grown man acting this way? I intentionally referred to him as a kid, because while I can understand blowing off a high school kid doing this, a grown man who feels the need to bare himself publicly probably has some deep seated sexual deviations that could manifest themself in a dangerous way for society. He should be cited and charged:)

As I said, I wouldn't want this type of person at an event that I was sponsoring or managing...professionals of all walks of life should act as such. You think if this was a company picnic, that dude would have kept his job?

A person mooning a crowd probably has some deep seated sexual deviations?!?!?! Come on, man!!! You can't possibly be serious. He was doing it in jest. I wouldn't want to play in a tournament in which fun wasn't allowed. You must be one of the most uptight disc golfers I've heard of.

There has to be some middle ground here. This was not the end of the world, by all accounts this guy is not a sexual predator but his actions should not be allowed either. There is a line between having fun and being a jackass, and I'm pretty sure that mooning the entire ladies division falls under the jackass heading. The guy was punished and his apology letter was posted both to please the offended ladies and to make an example of him. There may be some joker wannabe that read that and went "oh crap, maybe I shouldn't moon people". though I don't know who is that dumb to begin with.

chuck,
am i correct in my idea that the mooning actually occurred post-event? if so how can the pdga justify punishing him for it? (not defending the behavior- just questioning the process)

I know no details at all of this incident other than seeing the apology letter like everyone else here. Not sure what rule was broken that allowed the PDGA Disciplinary Committee to take action. Are you concerned about needing diapers on your cows for future events? :) (although I'm sure "mooing" is still allowed)

I think theres a big difference between mooning and showing your privates. Theres also a big difference between a company picnic and a sporting event.

Im amazed that Ron Artest still has a job in the NBA after what he did.

Boy you guys would hate this day:
moon-amtrak.jpg

Once a year thousands of drunks, male and female, moon the amtrak line...it is a tradition and it is accepted.

I feel his punishment pretty much exactly fits the crime, and I really hope you were kidding about the cited and charged thing.

As far as having the guy at the event- it would probably help you rather than hurt you. He sounds like he is a "character" and while these people may sometimes be annoying or go over the line people tend to remember them and like them, so I'd let him come volunteer at my event to pay his debt to society for his deep seated sexual deviations.

And labeling someone as a sex offender has serious consequences on the rest of their lives, and that type of punishment for mooning is ridiculous.

"He just mooned somebody."
Hey, that's sexual harrassment Zack! Sexual harrassment should never be taken lightly. I, personally, can't believe he wasn't suspended longer. What a crass and unprofessional thing to do...what is this guy, like 12?
If I was a tournament sponsor or cooridinator, I wouldn't let this kid play in ANY future tournaments.
What a jerk...

you're one of those people who thinks schools shouldn't give kids "F's" because it'll hurt their feelings right?

I think theres a big difference between mooning and showing your privates. Theres also a big difference between a company picnic and a sporting event.

Im amazed that Ron Artest still has a job in the NBA after what he did.

When you are mooning, you are showing your privates....

you're one of those people who thinks schools shouldn't give kids "F's" because it'll hurt their feelings right?

Actually I think schools are much too soft and evidently don't hand out enough F's and simply pass kids forward to the next grade that are not ready.

But education is a completely separate topic. I think our system is currently lacking and needs a lot of help.

This isn't really about hurting anyone's feelings....some dirtbag went and flashed his arse to a group of ladies at a professional event. If you walked down the street bare arsed, you'd get cited for indecent exposure. I do believe he should face some type of puntitive punishment for hissexual harrassment....

There is having fun and being a character and then there's crossing lines. As I said, if this was a 17 year old kid, I would probably laugh, but the fact that it's a 40 year old "man" just makes me sad...

I feel his punishment pretty much exactly fits the crime, and I really hope you were kidding about the cited and charged thing.

As far as having the guy at the event- it would probably help you rather than hurt you. He sounds like he is a "character" and while these people may sometimes be annoying or go over the line people tend to remember them and like them, so I'd let him come volunteer at my event to pay his debt to society for his deep seated sexual deviations.

And labeling someone as a sex offender has serious consequences on the rest of their lives, and that type of punishment for mooning is ridiculous.

If you don't want to be labeled a sex offender, don't commit sex crimes....seems pretty simple to me. And exposing your self indecently to a group of ladies is pretty ridiculous...I'm sure this dude has problems....

When you are mooning, you are showing your privates....

"ABC said that "the buttocks are not a sexual organ." They are fighting the allegations." - Regarding the NYPD episode with bare arse to the FCC and its fine.

Hey if ABC/Disney says bare arse is OK, then it must be.

Prepare to be re-mooned! hahahahhh

Attachments

• mooninites8nw.png
    mooninites8nw.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 11
"ABC said that "the buttocks are not a sexual organ." They are fighting the allegations." - Regarding the NYPD episode with bare arse to the FCC and its fine.

Hey if ABC/Disney says bare arse is OK, then it must be.

Prepare to be re-mooned! hahahahhh

The buttocks are not a sexual organ? Must have never seen Jules Jordan's Anal All-Stars:)

Oh man...I bet that crossed a line;)

Latest posts