• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Doping Control?

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
https://www.pdga.com/announcements/volunteers-sought-pdga-medical-committee
The PDGA is seeking qualified volunteers for the PDGA Medical Committee, whose purpose will be to advise on matters of player health and well-being. Qualified candidates include medical professionals -- such as doctors, clinicians, scientists, and practitioners -- specializing in sports medicine, pediatrics, geriatrics, endocrinology, and similar fields. Those with knowledge of International Olympic Committee and World Anti-Doping Agency standards are particularly encouraged to apply.

The top pros need to be careful if they are taking supplements purchased from a store like GNC. A lot of those supplements are tainted with PEDs. I do think this is the PDGA trying to be in compliance for Olympic consideration.

This sucks. Now we won't be seeing anymore 500 ft drives because the pdga wants to put an end to all the players that are "roid raging". Everyone loves the long drive. More steroids equals more YouTube views.

I knew there was a reason I couldn't throw five hundo.

With these muscle bound freaks like Eagle and Calvin you can be sure the bans will be fast and furious.

/joking

Of course the smart move is to crack down on the use of crotch-mounted 24/7 testosterone pumps. I have lost count of the number of times I've been outdriven by someone who is my height and my approximate level of fitness, yet who has clearly been juicing non-stop since the onset of puberty. It's just plain unfair!

I wonder where the PDGA is going to get money for all the portable backscatter body scanners, though. . .

I'm sure some people want to see disc golf in the olympics. Some of those people are not me.

Can someone who knows what they're talking about chine in on what kind of advantage can be gained in our sport by various PEDs?

The top pros need to be careful if they are taking supplements purchased from a store like GNC. A lot of those supplements are tainted with PEDs. I do think this is the PDGA trying to be in compliance for Olympic consideration.

You mean a banned substance I think. Which is also subjective and dependent on whichever governing body of whatever sport you are talking about.

The supplements themselves are by definition performance enhancers.

Also, this is silly. Im not sure if that was really the message of the quote in the OP, but if that is what they are aiming for, good luck

Can someone who knows what they're talking about chine in on what kind of advantage can be gained in our sport by various PEDs?

Someone who is abusing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clenbuterol would have an advantage on hilly courses, not being so winded and out of breath when stepping up to a lie after walking up a very steep hill, but rather breathing easily. They would feel a bit less fatigued in the closing holes of an otherwise long round on a particularly long or arduous course, too, or in the final round of a long tournament.

Just as an example.

edit: My PEDs of choice are caffeine, sugar, and painkillers -- I wash down a fistful of ibuprofen with bottles of Coca-Cola! =D

Last edited:
I'm sure some people want to see disc golf in the olympics. Some of those people are not me.

Beta blockers can reduce the amount of adrenaline in the body...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_blocker#Performance-enhancing_use

Because they promote lower heart rates and reduce tremors, beta blockers have been used in professional sports where high accuracy is required, including archery, shooting, golf[28] and snooker.[28] Beta blockers are banned by the International Olympic Committee.[29] In the 2008 Summer Olympics, 50-metre pistol silver medalist and 10-metre air pistol bronze medalist Kim Jong-su tested positive for propranolol and was stripped of his medals.

Latest posts