• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pdga has finally announced new rules on transgender competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose many on here would think of me as a transphobic hater. I was considering not renewing my PDGA for next year. Following this announcement I renewed. And, I'm NOT phobic or a hater, it is simply the correct decision.

Based on that statement alone you are neither. Unfortunately, those words are often used by those that disagree with you as a way of suppressing or invalidating your opinions.

See this picture? That's me with Emma. Every time Emma and I meet she wants a hug and I am going to give her a hug without question with a smile and joy in my heart. Notice I refer to her as her even though she used to be a dude. And just because I disagree with some of the views here in this thread doesn't make me a hater or transphobic and anyone who says otherwise can go piss up a rope. Since some elect to resort to name calling I am not going to engage in this discussion any deeper than what is in this post. So don't ask.

Seems like some of those who preach tolerance and inclusion the loudest are the most intolerant of all.

Attachments

• 317381214_2664041427063883_7096761759882088727_n.jpg
    317381214_2664041427063883_7096761759882088727_n.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 110
Do you anticipate you'll have more game day complaints to deal with due to having a set of players who were previously between 10-2 nmol/L who will now be under suspicion?

You can safely assume at this point that every trans woman who enters a tournament will have players complaining to the TD, regardless of her levels.

I Don't Get It

I saw a post deleted that I agreed with, I don't get it...

This opinion might be disagreed with but I have no idea why it is so awful it would be deleted...

Sex is biological, you are either born a male or a female (99.9% of the time), is that controversial?

It is easy to see with your eyes...the mind is a different thing...but doesn't change what/who you are..

That is basic biology...what you decide doesn't change the fact...that shouldn't be lunatic crazy, deleteable thinking...just not what everyone thinks, I agree with that...

Easy analogy...if I'm born and then think as I'm growing up that I'm over 50, and have surgery to look over 50 and take drugs to further physically make me over 50, should I be allowed to compete on the Senior PGA Tour in regular golf at age 21?

I understand their perspective/stance, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it...or make me ignorant...

What information have you learned to make you think you understand the perspective of a trans person?

Have you ever seen a trans person use the arguments you make in post #143?

I understand their perspective/stance, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it...or make me ignorant...

Your opinion doesn't matter. Yes, you don't have to agree with what you don't want to agree with, but your opinion doesn't matter. Even if you want it to think it should. Your knowledge is entirely wrong. It's wrong. Flat wrong. So, to put it delicately, f your opinion.

Congratulations to the PDGA and DGPT for sanctioning both misinformation and cis dudes who don't have a single clue what they are talking about. But, please don't let that stop you, cis dudes. I know you are a persecuted group and all.

Your opinion doesn't matter. Yes, you don't have to agree with what you don't want to agree with, but your opinion doesn't matter. Even if you want it to think it should. Your knowledge is entirely wrong. It's wrong. Flat wrong. So, to put it delicately, f your opinion.

OK, I don't want to drift from the original message, so I'll just say that my opinion (in some form, though not exact for sure) does matter because it led to a majority of the players in the survey having a similar (though perhaps, not the same) belief in their responses which led to the change...

Last edited:
OK, I don't want to drift from the original message, so I'll just say that my opinion (in some form, though not exact for sure) does matter because it led to a majority of the players in the survey having a similar (though perhaps, not the same) in their responses which led to the change...

You won a popularity vote. Congrats.

Sorry for being in the majority...seems like you always have to apologize for that these days...

Sorry for being in the majority...seems like you always have to apologize for that these days...

Edit: I misread his ridiculous response.

You don't actually have to apologize for being in the majority. That's the easy living.

Last edited:
OK, I don't want to drift from the original message, so I'll just say that my opinion (in some form, though not exact for sure) does matter because it led to a majority of the players in the survey having a similar (though perhaps, not the same) belief in their responses which led to the change...

May I ask how this impacts you personally? Not asking about emotions. Don't care how you feel. Just curious how it concerns you personally considering you have chosen to be outspoken about it.

I'll hang up and wait for the answer, please and thank you.

Again, this is drifting from original post...

I had a co-worker 3 years ago who is transgender...I heard about their struggles often...this affected me personally...and I empathized with their struggles...but understanding some ones struggles and believing that they are right in their belief is a different thing...

Again, this is drifting from original post...

I had a co-worker 3 years ago who is transgender...I heard about their struggles often...this affected me personally...and I empathized with their struggles...but understanding some ones struggles and believing that they are right in their belief is a different thing...

It's not a belief.

The majority of Americans once thought owning black people like they were cattle was the best thing for the economy.

The majority of a certain party in Germany a while back once thought entire races of people were better off exterminated.

Do you understand yet how being in the majority doesn't make you right yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.