• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Updates Branding

I feel like the PDGA missed an opportunity to update their tagline while also updating their logo:

EMnerKs.png

I get it. It's ok, but I want more.

I want the logo to be more obvious what sport they are promoting to the average person. A fair amount of them do. It feels a bit like all the players using the same idea for their personal branding, couple/few letters in some kind of geometric pattern.

The PDGA has moved on from promoting the sport. They are specializing in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.

Before this turns political. I like it. And I may be in the minority, that's fine. Thought the old logo was dated.

I can think of a lot abbreviation logos that I have zero clue what they are referring to or mean. I personally dont think it matters if you can't see a chain link or disc or "genderless" shorts wearer person. I find it modern and sleek and I really don't care if I show it to someone else and they are like "what's PDGA mean?"

I think nits will be picked no matter what they put out there. Can't please everyone. Shrugs.

Last edited:
New logo echoes the Amateur division renaming in eschewing evocative (if discriminatory or erroneous) images and language in favor of more general if bland words and numbers.

After further review, the bulges on the P and A kind of resemble the love handles we commonly see in MA-40 and MA-50. It's like they were following our card and half my torso wound up in the picture by mistake. "Let's not forget the fat old guys who play a significant role in our sport." That's what I'm going to claim from now on. Move over, Ken Gill!

For the D and the G to represent links of a chain, they'd have to be, you know, linked. Just touching each other doesn't pass muster.

For the D and the G to represent links of a chain, they'd have to be, you know, linked. Just touching each other doesn't pass muster.

"Chain, chain, chain...
Chain of fools"

Aretha agrees! :clap:

What bugs me is the little PDGA world that shows up as the logo on some web shortcuts. I'm not looking for that.

Not trying to be contrarian, but the new PDGA logo is growing on me. It looks much cleaner and less dated than the previous dude putting at basket logo.

Latest posts