• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA vs DGA

RussMB

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Okay, this is something I probably should know, but I've never gotten a straight answer. What is the Difference between the PDGA and DGA? Are they the same, is one a parent association? The answer maybe obvious, but my curiosity is greater.

Anywho...

Let me know.

DGA is a disc company that has no governmental powers over the sport.

PDGA on the other hand is willing to take your money.

So is the DGA, provided they were to start their own competitions, an entity that could start tournaments? Becoming another, for lack of a better term, league.

Sounds like a question you would need to ask someone from DGA.

DGA is a company, equivalent to Innova or discraft

ooh, Okay, I guess that makes sense. I knew they made the Mach Baskets, but I guess you just don't hear much about their discs being thrown. ...or at least I haven't anyways. Thanks!

You know, I was wondering if they were affiliated with Discraft. From the way the Website is describing themselves, they were started by Ed Headrick. I knew from that video that Discraft got his ashes. I guess that answers that question. That was also what made me wonder if The DGA was another version of the PDGA. ...I guess not!

The DGA was created as an organization for amateur disc golfers. The PDGA was created to be an organization for professional disc golfers (hence the P at the front). They've evolved in different directions from there, but Steady Ed did found the DGA, and they do make and sell baskets and discs. Probably the most notable discs they make are the super-floppy Blowfly and Gumbputt putters.

In my humble opinion, it would be nice if the DGA would start to organize tournaments, but that will probably have to wait until the PDGA doesn't depend on amateur membership for much of their revenue.

DGA is a private company that deals in Disc Golf related activities. They make money selling discs, baskets, course design, clothes, etc...

PDGA is a player's association. They make money (supposedly to better the game) by selling memberships, sanctioning tournaments, and selling related gear (with the pdga logo).

Latest posts