• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

Jolt

* Ace Member *
Just a few hours to tee off but no tread about worlds?

Fun to see Eagle and Simon on the feature card. . but kind of odd that both Ricky and Paul was out of that card.

But i´m not sure how the feature card was picked. . i get the world champ, but how did Kona and Orum get their spots?

For me in Sweden the FPO is the one to watch live. . MPO will start at bedtime :(

https://www.pdga.com/2022proworlds

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/55460

https://www.pdga.com/apps/tournament/live/event?eventId=55460&view=Scores&division=All&round=2

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few hours to tee off but no tread about worlds?

Fun to see Eagle and Simon on the feature card. . but kind of odd that both Ricky and Paul was out of that card.

But i´m not sure how the feature card was picked. . i get the world champ, but how did Kona and Orum get their spots?

For me in Sweden the FPO is the one to watch live. . MPO will start at bedtime :(

Kona and Orum are most likely sponsor choices.

Kona and Orum are most likely sponsor choices.

Looks like one DD player on the 3 first cards both in FPO and MPO. .so i guess you are correct, but would be fun to hear why they did not put thier top players on the first card?

I wonder how many cards DGN will have a camera on? just the first or will one camera follow 2nd and 3rd card? . . hope so

I suspect they are thinking those players will play their way onto coverage anyway.
:p

Many of the top FPO players on early cards, Ohn on the first one out. . good or bad if there is wind?

Wind usually picks up in the middle of the day (after 12 until near dark). If FPO plays early, they miss the worst of it.

This might be the first time in 10 years of disc golf that I absolutely don't care about Worlds.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing the other day.

Maybe because of where it's being played. I didn't much care about last years for that reason and this years course is even more boring to watch.

I'm also kind of sick to death of hearing about some of the players.

I have mixed feelings. I'm excited to watch the tournament. But really hope this is the last disc golf championship played on a golf course.

I wonder how many cards DGN will have a camera on? just the first or will one camera follow 2nd and 3rd card? . . hope so

At a minimum, it will be the top couple cards, as the coverage always starts with the 2nd feature card teeing off. Then as there is backups, you'll see the 3rd card as well. Also, If someone is on a heater, they will get someone over to their card.

A great course is definitely a plus, but the players make it exciting.

I expect this to be a good event similar to last year.

Can't argue the bolf course was much less interesting last year, but the overall event was still pretty exciting.

yeah, I don't care where they play, but when it's OB laden (whether artificial or natural) it makes the course a lot less interesting for me to watch. There's a lot less strategy when it's simply "land in this walkway or +1 strokes." Some holes on these courses are good, but a lot of them I don't get the design. I think Emac is a good designer, but he has so little to work with out there.

I believe that on the first day last year there were a total of 4 feature cards for MPO and 2 for FPO.

DGN, Jomez, Gateway and GKPro all had different feature cards for MPO. DGN and Central Coast had FPO.

Everyone is going to want to split those cards up so that everyone has someone interesting (plus the sponsorship angle). It also wouldn't surprise me if Ricky was on Gatekeeper given that they have a long running partnership with the Iron Man Scratch matches.

Latest posts