• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

Just hearing Doss continually say how AG has been throwing the exact same hyzer nuke all worlds long is a bit of a problem to me. From watching and hearing comments like that. It seems like this worlds might not be testing the players like a world championships should. I've got nothing against AG but you shouldn't be able to just throw the same shot the whole weekend and just win worlds. The course should force you to show how rounded your game is. Emporia disc golf is not doing that right now.

For 2 rounds in a row at Country Club the Lead card has gone 1/4 on Hole 10, the only wooded hole, and not a particularly difficult one at that. Clearly there's a whole aspect of the DG game that the course is just not selecting for amongst its leaders. Though AG got it yesterday!

Wow. So is this:

A) Fan fatigue of paying $$ for watching live coverage?
B) A significant waning in the popularity of the sport?
C) Labor Day weekend really clogging up everyone's schedule?
D) Fans just hate these courses?
E) No one wants to be standing around in 90+ heat for hours?

My non-researched hunch is mostly A and D. Though $40 for final round Worlds does not seem too harsh. Do you get to roam with that or are you stuck in one place?

Watching the post pro, and ECC is B-O-R-I-N-G.Hole #9 is good, but the rest the front 9 is a complete snooze-fest.

I can't imagine spending a whole day there, and I'm not licking my lips to watch the final round live. :\

Last edited:
Watching the post pro, and ECC is B-O-R-I-N-G.Hole #9 is good, but the rest the front 9 is a complete snooze-fest.

I can't imagine spending a whole day there, and I'm not licking my lips to watch the final round live. :\

the only excitement is provided by the close scoring. If Paul doesn't close the gap early today there won't be much of interest.

Pretty much a no chance in the FPO to make it interesting.

Cant even imagine how it would feel to to out on the last round of worlds in the lead. . .would have a hard time even holding on to the disc.
I really hope Kristin can play well so even if she loose she does so because someone else played the round of their life

Didn´t she? In her first DD video McCabe said "She drew out a number and we worked with her"
And in another video she talked about Kristins contract and that she wanted that number to.

But i´m going to drop it, this subject is to sensitive - -

Not sensitive at all. A demand is "you give me xxx or I'm out of here!"

"I'd like to get the same as Xxx person got, " followed by "…and we worked with her…," is negotiation. There's a difference.

the only excitement is provided by the close scoring. If Paul doesn't close the gap early today there won't be much of interest.

Pretty much a no chance in the FPO to make it interesting.

Just watched FPO R4. Honestly not touting or ripping anyone. Just making an observation:

If not for missing some putts close enough that most of us have every expectation of making, Henna would be breathing down Kristin's neck (if not tied with her).

Not tough putts, C2 putts, or even circle's edge putts. I mean 10-20 footers, unobstructed, on relatively flat ground. Understandable if wind is being difficult, but the wind was calm yesterday.

She simply left a lot of strokes on the green.
Other than that, her play has been stellar.

Just watched FPO R4. Honestly not touting or ripping anyone. Just making an observation:

If not for missing some putts close enough that most of us have every expectation of making, Henna would be breathing down Kristin's neck (if not tied with her).

Not tough putts, C2 putts, or even circle's edge putts. I mean 10-20 footers, unobstructed, on relatively flat ground. Understandable if wind is being difficult, but the wind was calm yesterday.

Both the Finns should have +20 strokes by now on the putting green. I mean like 20 footers and in. Another perspective is it warms my heart to see hardened pros struggle in some ways just like me. I can truly sympathize. I cannot sympathize when my 450' spike hyzer is 20' too long and I go OB.

Will final round be free on youtube?

Yep. Just like it was yesterday

Yet, Henna shot her rating…

Looks like one DD player on the 3 first cards both in FPO and MPO. .so i guess you are correct, but would be fun to hear why they did not put thier top players on the first card?

Westside is 50% owned by DD now. So Orum is the best (highest rated) player

Both Henna and Eveliina is insane of the tee. . no one else is even that close.
But those short putts is really really bad. .

Henna and Ohn must be the two players in the top FPO with the most TOTALY diffrent skill set

Really strong starts for a few players down the leaderboard. . .but a little to late

This might be the first time in 10 years of disc golf that I absolutely don't care about Worlds.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing the other day.

Maybe because of where it's being played. I didn't much care about last years for that reason and this years course is even more boring to watch.

I'm also kind of sick to death of hearing about some of the players.

I have mixed feelings. I'm excited to watch the tournament. But really hope this is the last disc golf championship played on a golf course.

Well 6 years ago Worlds was in the same place (Wysocki & Jenkins). So maybe you want to edit…

I doubt it's the last time. The professional game is clearly headed toward more courses that are spectator-friendly.

Cool that DD is letting this make-a-wish girl play on the same card as elite players like Tattar and Salonen and King. Total bucket-list experience.

We've been working with her new mental health coach on finishing strong. Step 1 is starting slow.

Dang dude? What did she do to you? Leave ya hanging or something?

Seven of the top ten players in FPO after R1 is Innova Players . .didnt Innova loose all their players ;)

Oh, I thought it was the trilogy family that lost all its players and "needed to step up its game." But then again Championship Sat has two of each on lead card. Who ya got?

Yet, Henna shot her rating…

Not the point. At an event like this, players in contention are shooting their rating or better (i.e. peaking at the right time).

Bottom line: She'd be in a much better position to win, and not have to push the risk envelope as hard, if only she made putts that any top pro should never miss, except for flukey chain outs or other unfortunate action off the basket. We've all seen that happen to players who make a good shot. But that's not her problem.

Despite all the great work she's doing, and all the other good putts she is hitting, she's taking pressure off the leader every time she doesn't putt it on the pole from 20' or closer. Only increases the the risks she'll have to take to keep things close.

Not the point. At an event like this, players in contention are shooting their rating or better (i.e. peaking at the right time).

Bottom line: She'd be in a much better position to win, and not have to push the risk envelope as hard, if only she made putts that any top pro should never miss, except for flukey chain outs or other unfortunate action off the basket. We've all seen that happen to players who make a good shot. But that's not her problem.

Despite all the great work she's doing, and all the other good putts she is hitting, she's taking pressure off the leader every time she doesn't putt it on the pole from 20' or closer. Only increases the the risks she'll have to take to keep things close.

I really think Henna and Eveliina (and many other FPO) should change their putt inside of 20ft. . to have that much angle on the putter from that close looks like a recipe for disaster. . so is Cats "up and down" putt from really close.

But i hope they can fix this. .it MUST be much easier to get a good 20ft putt than to gain distance of the tee, ,most FPO players would LOVE to have Hennas drive of the tee

I really think Henna and Eveliina (and many other FPO) should change their putt inside of 20ft. . to have that much angle on the putter from that close looks like a recipe for disaster. . so is Cats "up and down" putt from really close.

But i hope they can fix this. .it MUST be much easier to get a good 20ft putt than to gain distance of the tee, ,most FPO players would LOVE to have Hennas drive of the tee

I don't disagree with any of that. Yes if Henna & Evaliina make more 20-25' putts yes, there'd be more of a race. What I am saying is that a) the expectation is what's unrealistic and b) Kristin had some putting struggles in Round 3 also.

Yes, to win Worlds you NEED to play over your rating -- see Barsby, P.Shue (Bjerkaas), Doss the first time, etc. And yes, they are two of the five highest rated players in the world. But Henna is a 22-yr-old and Evaliina turning 23 today who just don't have the experience in these big moments with the press conferences, the crowd, the cameras, etc., like 30-yr-old Kristin has recently. Evaliina won the Memorial in 2019 when she was 19 and outside that the only time they faced what they are facing this week was at the European Open, which isn't even held every year. To expect them to be devoid of enough nerves and to shake off the "bigness" of the situation is a bit much to expect from such youngsters. This event, though, should help them understand.

And also Kristin had putting struggles on Thursday, but found a way to still shoot -4, 970-rated to keep herself in the hunt. She then was found out on the course working late that evening until it was time for dinner with the McBeths.

All I'm saying is that the criticism of their putting is, while accurate, a bit too harsh for the situation when combined with everything else they are doing.

Latest posts