• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA WORLD'S in Charlotte 2012

vaskyra

I should have posted here a long time ago. I apologize for that. My name is Debbie Scott and I am the social media person for the World tournament. I want to invite you all to stay up to date by joining us on our facebook and twitter pages:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/2012-PDGA-World-Championships-in-Charlotte-NC/297085940301599

https://twitter.com/#!/2012PDGAWorlds

This was my last post, regarding the World's meeting we had last night (1/18/12.):

We had a World's meeting last night between the host, Charlotte and the PDGA. I can't report any specific things (except that Allison park will not be played & Reedy Creek will be) however I did want to share the feeling I took away from the meeting. EXCITED!!! I will be playing in World's, so to hear what they have in store for us is INSANE AWESOME!! The company hired to promote the tournament is the same one that did the Wells Fargo PGA tournament here in Charlotte. They are promoting & treating this World's tournament on a level that this sport has never seen. If you are invited to play -- You have to be here! If there is space available -- You have to sign up! Don't miss this historic event! ~Deb

Yes, Allison is off because it will not be completed and approved in time, but we get Reedy Creek on the list!

As far as schedule being released -- look for it by the end of this month.

Invitations will be sent out in the beginning of March and registration will open shortly afterwards. Then in the beginning of May, it will be open for the remaining slots to any current PDGA member that has passed the official's exam (gots to know the rules, or at least how to look them up if need be.)

It should be a grand affair!! Don't miss it!

hopefully this will be my first worlds, dont have the points yet, but im friggin there!!

Version 1.3 of the tentative course assignments is prepared. The story to accompany its release has been written and only awaits final edits from the Worlds Local Organizing Committee before being posted on the PDGA site and the 2012 Worlds FB page. Links to both story and chart will be posted here, as well. In the story are answers to some of your questions and links to invitation criteria, host hotel reservations and the 2012 Worlds FB page.

Intermediate, Rec and Novice can also get invites with over 800 points. There's no division distinction if you are an amateur male under age 40 other than playing Advanced at Worlds even if your rating is 880.

course assignments just got posted on facebook...looks like hornets nest, sugaw, elon angry, winget and reedy creek for me (MM1)

Last edited:
Since Im not on facebook can you tell me where MA1 is playing? TIA

same as mm1 except kilborne instead of sugaw and rl smith for 2 rounds instead of reedy creek for 2 rounds

426368_359966327346893_297085940301599_1436560_1007312134_n.jpg

There's the picture, if you are competing in MJ2 I made a map of the courses right here!

Last edited:
Here is the story accompanying the release of the Worlds course assignments:

Tentative Course Assignments Released for 2012 PDGA Pro/Am World Championships

The best disc golfers in the world are coming to Charlotte July 14-21 for the 2012 Professional Disc Golf Association Pro/Am World Championships. The tentative course schedule released today shows 14 Mecklenburg County courses will be used by 20 divisions of professional and amateur players. It is anticipated there will be as many as 1,100 participants coming for five days of competition, plus field, skills and doubles events.

"We are excited to have the Pro/Am World Championships here this summer," said 2012 Worlds Tournament Director Sam Nicholson. "It's our chance to show people just how much this region has embraced the sport and how much work has been done in making Charlotte a stellar disc golf destination."

The 2012 World Championships will put the spotlight on established, world-class courses like Hornet's Nest and Renaissance, and give players the chance to experience newer courses such as Nevin, R.L. Smith and Bradford, which are bristling with challenges. All Pro divisions will play three courses. Amateur divisions except Juniors <13 and Legends will play five different courses. Link to chart: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...00680449.92719.297085940301599&type=1&theater

"Most pros prefer three courses played twice, and amateurs tend to prefer a broader course experience," said Bill Jacobson, 2012 Worlds Operations Director. "With these course assignments both groups will get to experience classic area courses and well as highly-rated new layouts."

Jacobson emphasized this is still a tentative list. "We've already had to make a change that brought Reedy Creek into the mix," he said. "I think we're set now, but unforeseen circumstances could bring tweaks."

Registration for invited, qualified players is to begin March 5. Non-invited players will be able to register beginning May 1. Amateur qualification rules: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/2012_Worlds_-_Amateur_Invite_Criteria_0.pdf

The host hotel for the tournament is The Blake Hotel, in downtown Charlotte at 555 S. McDowell Street. It is a full-service convention hotel located just a few blocks from the heart of Charlotte's vibrant bar, restaurant and cultural district, the NASCAR Hall of Fame and the Metropolitan Center with its restaurants and shopping. Across the street from The Blake is Marshall Park, offering an expanse of green for relaxing, practice and catch discs.

A very favorable room rate of $89/night is being offered from July 13-22. Reservations are being accepted now and can be made using the promo code "Disc" online at https://make-reservations.com/Hotel...rlotte/BLA/Blake-Hotel/PROMO-Disc/booking.php

You may also book by phone at 1-888-664-6835 using the identifier "Combined World Disc Golf Championships."

All tournament courses are within 30 minutes of The Blake, which is located adjacent to the city's inner beltway and just a short distance from interstate highways I-77 and I-85. All official functions of the World Championships will be located at The Blake: player registration, the Players Meeting and the Flymart/Expo. And a nice touch is the hotel will be providing $2 beer specials for tournament players and their guests in the hotel bar and during functions.

For more information go to the 2012 Worlds Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...Championships-in-Charlotte-NC/297085940301599

Latest posts