• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA WORLD'S in Charlotte 2012

I used Boris Badenov voice to read what you wrote, and it sounded good, especially the moose parts.

"We must find moose and squir-rull."

Scoring stats, 2012 World's, Plantation Ruins

statistics for all 6 rounds (played by men) for the 2012 Worlds at Plantation Ruins (Winget) are under the links/file section of the course's page.

Last edited:
statistics for all 6 rounds (played by men) for the 2012 Worlds at Plantation Ruins (Winget) are under the links/file section of the course's page.

"Supervisors" deleted my statistics file (no longer there!). Didn't know that there was a restriction in posting information.

I'd like to see what you've got for those stats, can you post 'em here?

Wow! Just compiled what the Charlotte Disc Golf Club http://charlottedgc.com did to prepare for the 2012 Worlds. Seven new (or expanded) courses were established in the past 2 years. CGDC hosted 10 PDGA events since March (one A, 3 Bs, and 6 Cs) for players wanting to practice—over 3000 PDGA tournament rounds before the Worlds. Add the almost 8,000 rounds played during the combined Pro/Am Worlds, we compiled 11,000+ PDGA rounds in the last 5 months. We are tired but pleased; do it again? Who's so crazy to take charge?

I'd like to see what you've got for those stats, can you post 'em here?

I tried to, but the overseers found it inappropriate for me to post such stats. MA1s at Plantation were just a little below one under (55.97 for a par 57); almost a perfect bell distribution curve. Also have hole-by-hole stats (trying to figure how best to post them); hole #13 (hardest hole, par 3) averaged over 3.5--I've deuced it twice as a 65-yr old fossil.

13 was the one hole at Winget that I had no confidence for. Not sure why. Probably because the practice rounds treated me so bad. I ended up taking a 5 on it at the tournament after TRYING to play safe.

13 was the one hole at Winget that I had no confidence for. Not sure why. Probably because the practice rounds treated me so bad. I ended up taking a 5 on it at the tournament after TRYING to play safe.

Easy--a short up shot mid fairway half way up the hill; you'll have a decent RH flick for the par (or a lucky/skill deuce). Try to kill it, it will probably kill you! Played it smart last week for a deuce and gained the tee against MJ during a causal round!

Here's how it went down for me.

1. Decide to play smart, grab Comet.
2. Turn into a scared little girl on the tee, release early, kick off a tree right.
3. Pitch out.
4. Throw putter up the gut to the basket, catch a gust of wind that lifts the putter and hits a branch, kicks right again.
5. Pitch out to the green.
6. Putt

That was basically my experience in worlds... sigh, somehow saved a 4 though.
Day before easy buzzz up the gut... sigh

I was just looking through the Worlds scores from the different rounds at Bradford and Nevin reminiscing about my brief trip to Charlotte in January. Does any one have a list of who was in Pool A and B?

Most of your top rated players were in pool A all the way through. Otherwise, only the PDGA has the details on who was AA, AB, BB and BA because players were shuffled midway through.