• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA's New Disciplinary Process

If I read it correctly...

A unless the TD has given prior notice that they are NOT offering certain divisions, they MUST allow any division that have 4+ players.

Or differently phrased. A TD can only refuse to offer a division if there are 3 or fewer players or the TD gave prior notice.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Very nice find! I've never seen that since I don't limit divisions.

Thanks for clarifying.

I am just messing around with you. For all of you who think the PDGA is a group of crusty old men, well, you may be right on that note, but they do have our best interest at heart.

I may never join but I understand the need for standards and rules. Thank you for taking the time to do the job that most would not.

I once ran a board as president, nine members plus 43 employees. I hated the place within months and never stepped foot on the country club grounds after that year. I stepped down 6 months into the first year.

The only other job that may be harder then yours is TD at disc golf event, another thankless job. I hear complaints and my response is the the , "why don't you run it next year genius"....

Sorry for pocking fun at you, thank you for the effort as always.

Eric

are you referring to 2012 when the touring guys showed up to Cedar Hills Doubles on Tuesday? Or another time?

I haven't played a tournament since 2015, but when I was playing men's rec and trying to just cash, it seemed like it was every single tournament. Some new pdga member would play rec and get a score that would have won intermediate or even advanced. Then all the local tournaments made men's rec trophy only to address it, so I could no longer have a goal of trying to cash. So I lost interest in playing men's rec, and I had already gotten pushed into advanced women with my 828 rating. I had no other ladies to compete against locally, and never a men's novice division around here, So no more local tournaments for me.

828 is no where close to an advanced division, male or female. Where the hell are you playing and who is the TD where you can cash as an am in rec or be pushed into an advanced division due to a 828 rating? :confused: Seriously...it's been a few years, you may want to check out the local PDGA scene again. wow...

828 is no where close to an advanced division, male or female. Where the hell are you playing and who is the TD where you can cash as an am in rec or be pushed into an advanced division due to a 828 rating? :confused: Seriously...it's been a few years, you may want to check out the local PDGA scene again. wow...

The cutoff for Am Women is 825. Above that, you can't play Intermediate, only Advanced.

https://www.pdga.com/pdga-documents/tour-documents/divisions-ratings-and-points-factors

The cutoff for Am Women is 825. Above that, you can't play Intermediate, only Advanced.

https://www.pdga.com/pdga-documents/tour-documents/divisions-ratings-and-points-factors

At the time, 800 was the cap for women's intermediate. I was instrumental in getting it raised to 825 and having a women's novice division added (by posing a rude question to The PDGA President for a podcast) The divisions seemed seriously out of whack especially for women only tournaments, but there were a lot of ladies unhappy with the change.

The 25 point change seemed kind of arbitrary to me. Men's intermediate ratings brake points were selected to straddle the average men's rating, and the break points for the other divisions were based on the standard deviations. I'd prefer to see something like that done for women's divisions.

well ok then... I never realized there were different ratings thresholds for women in am divisions. 825 seems awfully low to force a player into advanced, regardless of gender. :confused:

850 - 875 golf will cash in most open women events. 825 to not allow someone at intermediate is more than fair.

850 - 875 golf will cash in most open women events. 825 to not allow someone at intermediate is more than fair.

Cutoff for men's int is 935, and top rated pro man is currently 1060, a 125 point difference.

Cutoff for women's int is 825, and the top rated pro woman is currently 976, a 151 point difference.

Not a huge discrepancy, and when you take into account the larger ratings spread for women, who knows? Maybe women's int does straddle the average women's rating.

At local tournaments though, with no men's novice division and men's rec being trophy only, there was a black hole for women rated 825-850. It was a local problem though, and I think there is now a local TD who is not running men's rec trophy only, so I might start competing again this year if that's the case.

Cutoff for men's int is 935, and top rated pro man is currently 1060, a 125 point difference.

Cutoff for women's int is 825, and the top rated pro woman is currently 976, a 151 point difference.

Not a huge discrepancy, and when you take into account the larger ratings spread for women, who knows? Maybe women's int does straddle the average women's rating.

At local tournaments though, with no men's novice division and men's rec being trophy only, there was a black hole for women rated 825-850. It was a local problem though, and I think there is now a local TD who is not running men's rec trophy only, so I might start competing again this year if that's the case.

The way to compare isn't how far off the top player in the world is, rather the average score to cash in a division.

I don't have that data but I imagine if a lady averaged 825, she would cash in advanced women around 40 - 50% of the time.

This seems like a rhetorical question. Do you have something you would like to discuss? I'm not sure vague innuendo is really purposeful or helpful.

No real "purpose" or intentions of being "helpful" - just posting for my own entertainment. IIRC two names were noted somewhere that were amusing to me when taking into consideration what committee they were on - also, sad at the same time.

I could have the names and committee mixed up.

Latest posts