• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA "Vision"

keltik said:
Aside from the attack of the Grammar Nazis, I don't quite understand why he was probated for his comment. Public forum or not he is entitled to his opinion and he presented in a fairly calm and coherent manner. The totalitarian iron fisted rule of their board and organization is not attracting me to join. If I have to join to play some nice tournaments, well I may just decide to watch. I can take criticism and take a step back and reexamine myself. I have quit being so boorish about putters and eased up on the unending succession of periods in my posts. If a dick like me can change why can't they? I actually applaud him for bringing this to light. There are, quite possibly, a large group of PDGA members that share his sentiment but aren't as well informed. So why not bring it up in the Member's forum? Let the members know. I seriously doubt this Dr. Whoever is getting paid much if at all for his position. I smell power trip and the fear of losing a title.

What is this Philadelphia incident everyone is speaking of?

What he's doing is basically calling for the removal of somebody from office. That's not something debated in the forums. It's more something brought up, as in a motion, at a board meeting. I believe that you can submit it to a vote by the board. I supposed you could rally support from the members, but the forum just isn't the right place. If you view enough posts, you realize that the forum is a crazy place. Lots of disgruntled folks. In fact, I'd bet that the behavior from the past is the real reason they are so strict now. There's one guy famous for initiating bashing threads.

keltik said:
After reading about the "Philly Incident", he needed to be called out.

My interest is sufficiently piqued. I've got to know. Someone please PM me this tale, or put it out here in the open. Pretty please?

@ Black Udder: I've only read the PDGA boards a few times. I don't actively follow it because I spend too much time here and have heard the bad reports here about that board. But in light of what happened in Philly I don't see anything wrong with him suggesting his removal on the public forum. He didn't outright call for his dismissal. He was saying that he thought that him interviewing the new World Champion would put a negative spin on the PDGA as an organization. He was asking why they couldn't get someone else to do it. I agree with him now that I'm current on the Philly Incident. And the Worlds took place right after the good Doctor went Jim Crow on those little kids. You would think the PDGA would have thrown him under the bus the day the news broke about the Philly Incident. I'm sure a motion of his dismissal may come at the next PDGA member's meeting, if they have one.

keltik said:
@ Black Udder: I've only read the PDGA boards a few times. I don't actively follow it because I spend too much time here and have heard the bad reports here about that board. But in light of what happened in Philly I don't see anything wrong with him suggesting his removal on the public forum. He didn't outright call for his dismissal. He was saying that he thought that him interviewing the new World Champion would put a negative spin on the PDGA as an organization. He was asking why they couldn't get someone else to do it. I agree with him now that I'm current on the Philly Incident. And the Worlds took place right after the good Doctor went Jim Crow on those little kids. You would think the PDGA would have thrown him under the bus the day the news broke about the Philly Incident. I'm sure a motion of his dismissal may come at the next PDGA member's meeting, if they have one.

I think it's THAT forum which is sensitive. As I said, I can't remember the guy's name, any regular PDGA forum troller would know his name, there was an issue that the board actually paid his dues one year or something. Anyway, my take is there are a lot of old timers (just long time disc golfers) and some of the politics go back a loooong way. Thus, there are some real lines drawn. To try and keep all the battles out of the forum and discourage new users, I think they've become ultra strict. I agree with Matt's opinion, but there's no way posting that in the forum does anything other than stir people up and that serves no purpose. Sorta like starting a new pot/anti-pot thread here. It just devolves until one of the moderators stops it.

do not question the almighty pdga. pay your dues and shut the f up.

black udder said:
I think it's THAT forum which is sensitive. As I said, I can't remember the guy's name, any regular PDGA forum troller would know his name, there was an issue that the board actually paid his dues one year or something.
Hawk. He's a MD trouble maker. Nice guy if you know him, just has a way of pointing fingers and poking fun. Hilarious to play a round with if you can handle the shit talking.

ferretdance03 said:
black udder said:
I think it's THAT forum which is sensitive. As I said, I can't remember the guy's name, any regular PDGA forum troller would know his name, there was an issue that the board actually paid his dues one year or something.
Hawk. He's a MD trouble maker. Nice guy if you know him, just has a way of pointing fingers and poking fun. Hilarious to play a round with if you can handle the shit talking.

Yeah, that's him. He's always starting up some poll or thread that just begs to be a fiasco of flames and name calling :)

black udder said:
ferretdance03 said:
black udder said:

Yeah, that's him. He's always starting up some poll or thread that just begs to be a fiasco of flames and name calling :)

Ha! I roll with Satan! Classic.

Well, it is "their" forum... if the PDGA wants to run it like a bunch of teenage girls that's their choice.

mzuleger said:
Well, it is "their" forum... if the PDGA wants to run it like a bunch of teenage girls that's their choice.

I think their desire it to make it look like the PDGA membership isn't a bunch of bitching teenage girls. Seriously. This forum has an issue now and again, but over there, it's like ALL the time. Here, we have a lot of constructive talk about equipment, form, gameplay, etc. Over there, it's worthless. The only topics worthwhile have either been brought up here and discussed better or are taken from here and plugged there to get more feedback.

black udder said:
mzuleger said:

I think their desire it to make it look like the PDGA membership isn't a bunch of bitching teenage girls. Seriously. This forum has an issue now and again, but over there, it's like ALL the time. Here, we have a lot of constructive talk about equipment, form, gameplay, etc. Over there, it's worthless. The only topics worthwhile have either been brought up here and discussed better or are taken from here and plugged there to get more feedback.
Pointless observation about disc golfers in general and disc golf forums in particular: For a bunch of people who supposedly like disc golf, disc golfers don't talk about golf discs and how to throw them very much. The only time my local forum actually talks about golf discs is when someone loses one. The PDGA board has very little conversation about golf discs and technique compared to the mountains of crap about whose payout sucked and what nit-picky rule they can argue about for pages without anyone giving a clear answer. That is why I'm here. This is one of the few places in cyberspace where disc golfers actually talk about golf discs and throwing them.

Actually , I think the pdga should eliminate their forum ifthey want to appea more professional. Simply having a blog, while more boring, gives the pdga more of a unified front while eliminating all of the czar like complaints of that board.

Furthur said:
Actually , I think the pdga should eliminate their forum ifthey want to appea more professional. Simply having a blog, while more boring, gives the pdga more of a unified front while eliminating all of the czar like complaints of that board.
An idea not without merit. Most of the affiliate club threads are a waste as the clubs have their own sites with forums where they can bicker amongst themselves. Simply a place on the PDGA tournament schedule listing where the TD could put in info and a blog for announcement and that would be that. All the bickering would have to scatter to the club sites.

Frank Delicious said:
A forum insures people come back to their site, even if it is just to bicker.

forums should encorage open discussion. You can even regulate it a bit, but the pdga's forum goes beyond anything that's remotely productive. It's just a glorified blog.

Furthur said:
Frank Delicious said:
A forum insures people come back to their site, even if it is just to bicker.

forums should encorage open discussion. You can even regulate it a bit, but the pdga's forum goes beyond anything that's remotely productive. It's just a glorified blog.
But if you want to sell to a sponsor that you will get them exposure, hits to the web page is something they can point to. Shutting down the DB would hurt the hits.

Latest posts