• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] PDX

Isn't "between a PD and PD2" a DD?? Speed-wise the DD sits between the two and is pretty OS itself. Add in the FD3 and at this point I think we've got the OS distance driver spots covered from 9 to 13.

Aside from the speculative discussion, I'll be very curious to see what this disc REALLY is.

Whats not being mentioned is the stability for a 500' plus power thrower. The pd2 (aside from the uber beefcake run) is not utility overstable at speed. With power there is more room there.

I have a fair bit of power but I definately dont need anything between my PD and PD2 aside from my utility OS driver, which a disc of this speed is unlikely to replace at my mortal 475' power.

Do we have any idea what molds parts the FD3 uses? From the PDGA specs, it looks like the FD3 could easily be the anhyzer top (or probably some other Discmania-specific less overstable top) with a Monster wing already. That would make a lot of sense to me given the flight paths and specs on those 2 discs. They both have the same diameter and rim width.

If this disc is a metal flake Max replacement for Eagle, then I guess you can count me out. I just don't need anything with that level of beef. I can see why they would want to make it for him though, especially as a signature disc since he talks about how much he loves that MF Max all the time.

I think it uses a firebird bottom with a starfire top. I could be wrong, though, but it definitely isn't a firebird copy and doesn't fly exactly like one either.

As for the PDx, discmania could use something with less glide in their lineup. They churn out molds slowly with quite a bit more testing than other companies it would seem, so I am sure they will eventually have some more beginner friendly/less super beefy discs coming out eventually. And like you said, they need to give something to Eagle and Simon that will come back no matter what. So far only his MF Max can do that.

I think it uses a firebird bottom with a starfire top. I could be wrong, though, but it definitely isn't a firebird copy and doesn't fly exactly like one either

I could have sworn that the starfire (x) already had the firebird wing.

Mystery solved....

https://www.discmania.net/2015/12/15/discmania-pdx-exclusive-disc-golf-world-tour-fundraiser/

We bet you can figure out what this disc is all about – It's our newest Power Driver.

The PD and PD2 are two of the most fabled Discmania molds in our lineup. Top professionals like Paul McBeth and Simon Lizotte or anyone that carries these molds in their bag are looking for a fast overstable driver they can rely on to get the job done every time they reach for the disc. In order to break into the Power Driver slot a disc has to have what it takes. This brings us to what you're here for – the PDx. This brand new driver is based off of the First Run C-LINE PD with a little added X-Factor. First run PDs offer a very sought after high speed stability and healthy fade but they still are able to work down the fairway unlike most discs in the same category. The PDx has the same familiar Power Driver shape that creates the same style of flight – the X-Factor of this new driver is that it is 1 notch faster on the speed scale that leaves it placed directly between the PD and PD2.

Reinvent your X-Factor and grab this Disc Golf World Tour exclusive fundraiser when they become available on December 16, 2015!

International release date: December 16th 2015.

Available weights: 175g

That description makes me want one more, once it becomes a production thing. Maybe I will get a fundraiser, but I like stacks of backups...

Sounds like yet another OS-to-some-extent disc from Discmania. I still don't get it! Why not just make a super beefcake disc and be done with it? The description sounds like it will be workable overstable and not a utility type disc.

Not too hyped for this disc myself, A C-DD is already beefy enough for me in this speed range. Might have been cooler if this was a super OS disc that would be good for OH and FH rollers.

They really could have called it the DDx since its as close to a DD as it is a PD. DDx may have actually made more sense.

The are really pushing for the first run PD killer/collector in the listing on the European Innova Store. Makes me think these will not be production.

picked one up. just because. probably has no business in the bag with current setup (gpd2, ppd2, fr sdd, jl cdd) but got to have one. the g-dd that is coming in probably has more chance to make the bag if it can rival the g-pd2 in the max distance slot.