• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pensacola (FL) Area Courses

aussieshs89

I will be moving to Pensacola from Pennsylvania this summer. I know there are some nice courses in the immediate area such as the Blue Angels course, but are there any suggestions for courses around the area that would make good day trips or weekend trips to?

Blue Angel. Awesome :D, you don't need to go anywhere else. Pirates Cove and Gator links were enjoyable little technical courses, as well as Sunset and UWF - all worth a trip but nothing stellar, if you tire of Blue Angel. Mobile courses are good, USA being my favorite with a good variety of holes, with Honorable Mentions going out to Hobbit, Chickasaw, Chickasabogue, and Cottage Hill most of these were short technical with fun tight lines. Municipal and the 9 hole courses are worth a play if in the area, but if you have to miss some these can be skipped. Citronelle was enjoyable, but not worth the drive 45 miles out of the way IMHO, if you like driving and have the time, go for it. If you're up for driving farther (4+hrs) for a weekend trip, Eastern LA has some decent courses Flanacher outside of Baton Rouge is a must see Hattiesburg could be linked in for a handful of other OK courses if you're getting desperate to branch out farther. Then you think about it it's only 5+ hrs to get to Flyboy and other Atlanta area courses, well worth a weekend trip.

I,d check into the Mobile area if I were you. It has some pretty good courses there from what the map browser shows.

I used to live in Ft. Walton Beach and I wouldnt recommend spending the gas to even go play Ferry Park unless you have time to waste and just wanna hit another course just to say you played it. It's a shame that the panhandle of Florida just doesnt have much. I loved living there but now I happen to live in the center of the DG universe which is even better.

I am planning on playing Blue Angels when I go back down there to visit my folks in August so I might try to PM you before getting down there and maybe we can meetup there at Oaks/Palmetto for a round, 'eh?

Ferry Park in Fort Walton Beach, FL is a good tune up course for your short games as well. Most folks that come out, enjoy the short little course. There's also a new one in Freeport, FL in the Hammock Bay sports complex called the Chain Dragon. It's very new and they continue to make great improvements out there and the tournament that was just help out there should raise enough to get concrete tee pads put down as well as better course markings. there's only 1 hole over 400' out there so again it's a nice short course with some fairly technical shots as well as some good risk/reward holes.

Thanks, Spending time in PA has spoiled me with courses like Deer Lakes. Looks like there are a lot with 3hrs but just looking at ratings, the area seems to be lacking some of those high caliber courses.

PM me if you get down to the area. I'll gladly meet up to play.

Latest posts