• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phenix straps changing

solomon.trenton

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
i was at discgolfcenter today and the owner said phenix straps wont be in stock for a while (i got the last pair) because they cant make them in china anymore and their materials cost is going up. so if you get a chance to pick up a pair from somewhere else i would recommend that you do it.

Thanks for the heads up. I already have a pair but might have to pick up a back up set since it sounds like the price will inevitably go up. They're the greatest non-disc disc golf purchase I've ever made.

Kyle had a lot of them in his store http://www.phenixdiscsports.com/ You can also check out his phenix bag. I am pretty sure they are made here in Colorado. The stores phone number is (303) 520-0574 You want to buy the ones with the sternum strap, because they are easier to take off. I love my phenix bag with the straps

I tried on both sets, and actually liked the non-sternum strap version better personally. I do love my Phenix straps though, they make a huge difference.

Kyle just told me that they were having some issues but those have been resolved. He said they have many straps and to not worry about them changing.

I love my straps as well.

I think there may have been some issues, but Kyle says that they have them fixed.

I tried on both sets, and actually liked the non-sternum strap version better personally. I do love my Phoenix straps though, they make a huge difference.

Could someone please better explain what the "Sternum Strap version " is? I have noticed that the ones I bought a couple of months ago, so have a much smaller logo than the older ones.

Phenix sells two styles. One has the sternum strap and one does not. THe price difference is about $5. The strap is nice for uphill climbs and longer walks with your bag. If you play on courses where you do a lot of climbing up and down with your bag, it may be a good thing to have.

So they're going to be even more expensive now. Their cost is just ridiculous for a pair of shoulder straps.

Phenix sells two styles. One has the sternum strap and one does not. THe price difference is about $5. The strap is nice for uphill climbs and longer walks with your bag. If you play on courses where you do a lot of climbing up and down with your bag, it may be a good thing to have.

I really don't see how that little strap is going to make a difference.

Using a sternum strap helps by taking the load that your shoulders were carrying and dispersing it down your torso. Now your whole upper body is supporting the load of the bag and not just the two shoulders.

Using a sternum strap helps by taking the load that your shoulders were carrying and dispersing it down your torso. Now your whole upper body is supporting the load of the bag and not just the two shoulders.

That may be true, but a more simplistic function is to keep the shoulder straps tight and pulled in towards the center of your body, so the load doesn't shift as much when walking.

True that is definitely advisable for people without the sternum strap. I just know that I've had backpacks with and without a sternum strap and it really does help distribute the weight through out the chest as opposed to just the shoulders.

Love my Quads, but I'm narrow shouldered and I really, really wish I had been able to find the sternum strap version. The regular ones tend to start sliding out and off my shoulders while hiking up hill. Bleh.

Latest posts