• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phenix Streamline disc bag review

I've borrowed a buddy's Core bag for a week or two, just played a round with it yesterday, and I'll echo pretty much everything Eric said in his review. The bag rides AWESOMELY. It's the most comfortable bag I've worn, honestly. It rides solidly on the back, unlike the comparatively "slushy" feeling of my Carolina. That was a quality I liked on my Kong, but with that bag, I had to make sure the dividers were in just the right spot, otherwise I could feel them through the bag and they'd rub uncomfortably on my butt. I was curious as to how the bag would feel with no frame, but the LineX definitely provides enough structural rigidity to function as such.

I dig the middle pocket. I think in addition to providing a balanced place to store stuff, it also serves to help keep the shape of the bag. Also, it has the key clip inside like the Revo bags (which is a big plus IMO), AND it has an interior zipper pocket in there which is another big plus. It's been a pet peeve of mine that neither the GB or Revo bags had any sort of internal pocket to keep things separate. My first big bag, the PDGA tournament bag or whatever it was, had an inner zipper pocket, and I just assumed that that would be a feature in the bags that cost twice as much. Not the case, and I have the scratched up and chipped cell phones as evidence.

The Carolina still reigns supreme in terms of storage capacity, but the Phenix bags should be more than adequate for most purposes. Also as Eric pointed out, it's nice to have several smaller pockets to keep stuff in, rather than 2 giant ones that you have to fish around in.

The one draw back I see right now is the lack of a zippable cover for the bag, which would make it less ideal to travel with. Also, with the Carolina, it has a zippable cover as well as the rain fly, which in conjunction worked well to keep the rain out (but of course, moisture came up through the bottom too.)

Oh, and for those curious about the weight the LineX adds, the bag may be a little heavier, but there's also no frame so it's probably not that much. As well as the bag rides though, it really doesn't make a difference. When I played the round yesterday, I felt like I was just carrying a minimalist selection of discs, but in actuality, I was carrying a couple more discs than usual, and had a full liter bottle of water. So far, I'm really diggin' this bag, I'm off to do some more hands on testing now.

Been a little over a month now since I have been using the streamline. Basically it blows any other disc golf bag I've used out of the water. Highly recommended. Plus it looks great, especially with the matching orange quads.

some call me...tim? said:
Great review, Eric. It's got me seriously thinking about getting one myself, or possibly even the core bag. Dammit! :lol:

I've been looking for someone who wants my Custom Core w/ Line-X, let me know.
Pics: http://s1018.photobucket.com/albums/af304/alexjohnson13/

I dig the durability of the Phenix bag, but I went back to my old PDGA tourney bag, as it is more of a superstitous thing than anything. Plus the PDGA bag holds more stuff.
Did you look at all the pics?
It has some embriodery on one of the side water bottle holders and a few patches from Colorado tournies.

Ended up with a royal blue, pink is out and he couldn't replace it. It came today and looks sweet...while she was out picking up pizza I shoved a bunch of discs in it, it will easily fit all the ones she carries.

I am seriously considering this bag, right now the only color choices seem to be red and blue and I dont like either of them. I wish it wasnt additional money for a different color. Right now its a race between a silverback/kong or the streamline with line-x or the core without it.

just won one of these in a raffle, digi camo with matching quads...wooooo! I might take it out for second day of the tournament tomorrow to compare to my dual pack.

Latest posts